What's new

Former President Lee Teng-hui refers to Japan as 'the motherland" of Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above statement is a complete lie and shows the propaganda oriented thinking and how much it was seeping into your thiking. I was actually thinking about it in the morning too.

- The claim that the judge said atroctities did not happen is a BLATANT LIE. In fact he clearly marked that there was sufficient evidence that the atrocities did happen
- His dissent was on the basis that the legitimacy of the trials had come into question because the spirit of it was more based on retribution and revenge than justice. It is an extremely important dissent and shows that he had nothing except the highest principles of justice in mind. After the 1st world war the Treaty of Versailles was drawn up with revenge in mind and that led to the second world war. His dissent was to ensure that such an incident was never repeated.

Of course for people trained to think like the whole world was out to screw them nothing except a kangaroo court will suffice. If you can't accept the truth, then just enroll yourself to the school for sissies.
I beg you are proud once being ruled by British.
If u are not, why do u still use their language in your daily life?

@yoshi.oda is a radical right winger who resorts to insults when he cannot get his way, very similar to some of the radical ultranationalist Chinese members here, would you not agree? That is the trait of radical right wingers (Chinese and Japanese), it is hard to discuss with them or discourse, because there is no instance of "agree to disagree" it is either, "my way or no way".

I really think it's more about personality and less about discussion manners,I see no harm in Mr. Oda's comment,he is quite a fun person actually..you,on the other hand..feels a bit "dorky" to me. But I guess personalities cant change and we all have to live with that.

And FYI most Chinese who come here are actually left wingers.

Seems to me that Lee Teng-hui has gone wacko!

Has anyone suggested to Lee Teng-hui that for his own good he should consult a doctor to see if he is suffering from dementia, senility or just plain stupidity?

Wow wow wow. What just happened? A heated quarell and one side got banned? Can someone summarize what happened?

BTW as usual Chinese mems flood the topic with VN insulting comments. Get somethings new already. I am not impressed.
Sorry to break your bubble, China is the motherland of Vietnam--or Annam

:lol:
Lets not hurt our neighbor's feelings, even though we all know it's the truth :lol:
I thought Chinese prefer refering to VN as "Zhao Chi", not Annam. When VN was called Annam, at that time her motherland was France, not China.

Motherland? There are far more ground for China to be Vietnam motherland than Japan as a motherland for Taiwan.

China(Qing) ceded Taiwan province to Japan after defeat in a war in 1895. And Japan ruled Taiwan for 50 years like a colony. Before that there is zero link between the two.

None of the inhabitant in Taiwan came from Japan or has cultural root with Japan.

Would Indian called Britain motherland? Or Indonesian to Netherlands, Vietnamese to France?

The only one that could rightly call Japan motherland is Japanese that lived in Taiwan. But Lee is a Han Taiwanese. And he is making that call for all Taiwanese.

That guy has finally gone completely cuckoo.

Motherland? There are far more ground for China to be Vietnam motherland than Japan as a motherland for Taiwan.

China(Qing) ceded Taiwan province to Japan after defeat in a war in 1895. And Japan ruled Taiwan for 50 years like a colony. Before that there is zero link between the two.

None of the inhabitant in Taiwan came from Japan or has cultural root with Japan.

Would Indian called Britain motherland? Or Indonesian to Netherlands, Vietnamese to France?

The only one that could rightly call Japan motherland is Japanese that lived in Taiwan. But Lee is a Han Taiwanese. And he is making that call for all Taiwanese.

LTH is ethnic Japanese.

What makes you so suprised?Of course some Taiwanese think Japan as their motherland,better than those Taiwanese who insist and proud of their grandma worked for Japanese army as whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom