What's new

Former President APJ Abdul Kalam Dies at 83: Press Trust of India

The government will declare a seven-day national mourning, reported Press Trust of India, quoting Union Home Secretary LC Goel.

Kalam was born in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu and studied physics and aerospace engineering. In this photo taken on 26 May 1989, Abdul Kalam is attending Agni's Scientists Press Conference. (HT Photo by Santosh Gupta)
Abdul_Kalam03.jpg

In this file photo Prime Minister AB Vajpayee, flanked by APJ Abdul Kalam and R Chidambaram inspects the site of the nuclear fission blast at Pokhran in Thar desert . (PTI photo)
Abdul_Kalam21.jpg

In this photo, President APJ Abdul Kalam waves while traveling in horse carriage at the ceremonial reception in the Forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan after the swearing ceremony in New Delhi. (Photo SN Sinha/HT)
Abdul_Kalam14.jpg

A P J Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday was recognised as World Student's Day by United Nations.
Abdul_Kalam04.jpg

Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's Body to be Taken to Delhi Today

Shillong: The body of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, who died in Shillong yesterday evening, will be taken to Delhi today morning.

The body of the late former president was shifted from Bethania Hospital, where he breathed his last, to the military hospital in Shillong, defence PRO Amit Mahajan said.

It will be taken by an Air Force helicopter to Guwahati at 5.30 AM and from there to Delhi at 6.30 AM by a special aircraft, he said.

Kalam served India till last breath: Advani | Zee News
New Delhi: BJP leader L.K. Advani on Monday condoled the death of former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, saying "he served mother India literally until the last breath".

"The news of the sudden demise of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, India's beloved former President, has left me in a state of shock and sorrow. He served mother India literally until the last breath of his life. He was truly a 'karma yogi' par excellence," he said in a statement issued here.

"I always regarded Dr. Kalam as the best exemplar of the Idea of India, one who embodied the best of all the cultural and spiritual traditions that signify India's unity in immense diversity. This was most strikingly evident in the last book he wrote, presciently titled 'Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swami'," Advani said.

"Kalam's personality uniquely harmonised science and spirituality, and he also harmonised the agendas of security and development.

"His belief that India would become a developed nation by 2020 inspired millions of Indians. He was a lifelong learner and a lifelong teacher. He was also unparalleled in his ability to motivate young minds," Advani said.

"Kalam's demise has left a void in our national life, which cannot be filled. Nevertheless, he will be affectionately remembered by generations to come as an ideal Indian.

"I offer my heartfelt condolences to members of his immediate family. May his soul rest in peace," the former deputy prime minister said.

Sad such a great scholar no more amongst us: Lalu on Kalam's demise | Zee News
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Monday condoled the passing away of former president APJ Abdul Kalam saying that it was extremely sad that such a great scholar was no more in the world.

"He was a great president. I express my condolences; He was not only a great president but also a great scientist. It is sad that such a great scholar is no more. He made great contributions even when has was not functioning as a president," Lalu said.

"Everybody is shocked by his sudden demise. I pray to god that his soul rests in peace and we will try to fulfil the vision he had for the country," he added.

New Delhi: Expressing his condolences over the death of A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Union Communications and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Monday said that he was looking forward to discuss the 'Digital India' initiative with the former president but destiny had some other plans.

"He was a great human being and a powerful personality. He was loved by school children. I wanted to discuss the Digital India initiative, but I guess destiny had other plans. He knew how to connect with people as a president. I respect him a lot. His sudden death while speaking is an indication that the man wanted to leave this world while walking and talking," said Ravi Shankar.

Shillong: The body of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, who died in Shillong yesterday evening, will be taken to Delhi today morning.

The body of the late former president was shifted from Bethania Hospital, where he breathed his last, to the military hospital in Shillong, defence PRO Amit Mahajan said.

It will be taken by an Air Force helicopter to Guwahati at 5.30 AM and from there to Delhi at 6.30 AM by a special aircraft, he said.
@The Huskar this information may be of help to you

tumblr_ns5ywkwGXm1tjfjuco1_1280.png

I dont know if I should Post it ... But This is the last moments of Kalam Sir :cry:

11817181_10153230635798071_6038719757534861543_n.jpg

No, you have done it right. We all know how death comes, but don't know when, where or at what circumstances. He was a good soul. Didn't suffer or let others suffer. For him death was sudden and swift. No pain. He is a lucky guy. His mind was that like a child. Intelligent yet full of innocence.

Best President , Best Scientist , Best Engineer, Best Teacher, Best Patriot , Best Human ...

A role model for my Children ... Today India's Youth Lost their Voice...

There are very few Indian's who served our Mother Land so much ...

43473-718556.jpg

@dravidianhero With reference for your another thread regarding Handsome.:)

No, you have done it right. We all know how death comes, but don't know when, where or at what circumstances. He was a good soul. Didn't suffer or let others suffer. For him death was sudden and swift. No pain. He is a lucky guy. His mind was that like a child. Intelligent yet full of innocence.

@dravidianhero With reference for your another thread regarding Handsome.:)
I know man..I was just passing off time.don't take it seriously.

I dont know if I should Post it ... But This is the last moments of Kalam Sir :cry:

11817181_10153230635798071_6038719757534861543_n.jpg

Seriously man, why this great hurry to post pictures from the net without verification? This isn't from yesterday, it's from 8 years ago where he slipped during an award ceremony of the Sangeet Natak Academy, tripped by the walking stick of gentleman in the picture.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom