What's new

Former President APJ Abdul Kalam Dies at 83: Press Trust of India

Rest in Peace Sir.
Your thoughts will keep igniting minds.
India was blessed to have a son like you.
I hope common Indians will find a little bit of Kalam in themselves and your tireless work will be an inspiration for generations to come.
May God grant your soul eternal peace.

President's Secretariat
27-July, 2015 23:07 IST
President Pranab Mukherjee expresses condolences over the sad demise of former President Abdul Kalam

The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has expressed heartfelt condolences over the sad demise of former President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

In a statement, the President said;

“The passing away of former President of India, Bharat Ratna Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam is a deep personal loss for me. I will always cherish my long association with him.

As President of India, Dr. Kalam was immensely popular and greatly admired. His warmth, humility and simple ways endeared him to one and all. He had a special love for children and sought to constantly inspire the youth of our country through motivational speeches and personal interaction.

Dr. Kalam will be long remembered for his passion for science and innovation and his contributions as an eminent scientist, administrator, educationist and writer.

Dr. Kalam’s achievements as leader of India’s defence research establishment vastly enhanced the safety and security of our nation. For his tireless services to the nation, he was honored with numerous prestigious awards.

In his passing away, we have lost a great son of India who dedicated his entire life for the welfare of the motherland and its people. Dr. Kalam was a people’s President during his lifetime and will remain so even after his death.”

Sad that a lot of Indians are cursing this man for being Muslim.. Modis India

Post reported.

@Irfan Baloch @Jango @waz Please do something about this guy. His comments are beyond any decency.

He uses this sad moment and our grief to take potshots at us.

Just look at this thread, all the posts have conveyed mourning and appreciation for the great man and here comes the troll.

Couldn't some people forget their disgusting agenda for a day or so.

Last edited:
RAMESWARAM, February 14, 2015
Family time:Former President APJ Abdul Kalam with family members at his house in Rameswaram .— Photo: L. BALACHANDAR
13feb_rmdwscns3_14_2310424f.jpg

How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes | Zee News

Last Updated: Monday, July 27, 2015 - 23:33

Popularly called the "Missile Man" of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam rose from humble beginnings and earned the reputation of being the "people's President" who endeared himself to all all sections, especially the young. Here are some inspirational quotes of the former president of India:

• Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
  • All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.
  • Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
  • Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.
  • Dream, Dream Dream, Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action. Dreams are not those which comes while we are sleeping, but dreams are those when u don’t sleep before fulfilling them.
  • Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power, let difficulties know that you too are difficult.
  • All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common, but attitude make the difference.
  • Love your job but don't love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you.
  • I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.
  • Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.

Former president APJ Abdul Kalam passed away in Shillong on Monday. Kalam, 83, had been admitted to a hospital in the city, after he collapsed during a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management.

The former president was in a critical condition and had been admitted to the city's Bethany Hospital.

Kalam served as the 11th President on India from 2002 to 2007. Kalam, who was affectionately known as the People's President, was the third President of India to have been honoured with a Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour.

He was also the first scientist and the first bachelor to occupy Rashtrapati Bhawan.

It is Such a contradiction ...

...A very Skinny , Short, soft spoken man who Physically cant even defend himself ... Made the strongest Defence for his country... our Missile System...

He proves that never underestimate the power of a lone Patriotic Man...

Like our PM ... He didnt marry and stayed single to completely dedicate his Life towards his Nation... who worked even after he retired...

Let-us-sacrifice-our-today-so-that-our-children-can-have-a-better-tomorrow-A-P-J-Abdul-Kalam-life-picture-quote.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom