What's new

Former President APJ Abdul Kalam Dies at 83: Press Trust of India

11791764_490090914473877_1576589476_n.jpg

Proud son of a proud nation! Can't think of any other high profile individual who managed to stay apolitical, areligious & free of any scandal throughout his life. Not even extremes from both side of the aisle can dare raise a single finger on this man's integrity! Find me another one of such kind...

Last edited:
Q: How can India become energy independent by 2030?

Kalam: Today fossil fuels dominate the energy sector throughout the world. The World Energy Forum predicts that in five to eight decades, the fossil fuels will run out because these sources of energy are not renewable. Also, energy costs will go up. Oil is already at $110 per barrel, and if this continues, this situation will be very tough to manage.

So I set a goal of energy independence for my country. It’s a three-dimensional approach. First, we should invest in solar power. Today solar power is not economical because the efficiency of solar cells is just 15% to 20%. So we should use CNT (carbon nano tubes) composites that can increase the efficiency of solar cells to 45% or 50%. Second, we should use nuclear energy, because India has abundant thorium based nuclear reactors. This is definitely a clean solution to energy needs. The third focus area should be bio-fuels, including ethanol as well as bio diesel made from jatropha [a plant that grows in wastelands] and algae. These three initiatives can free India from dependence on fossil fuels. It will also help maintain a clean environment.

Q: In your vision for India’s future technology plays an important role. How will social grids — such as the knowledge grid, the health grid and e-governance grid — help make India a developed country?

Kalam: The idea is that the knowledge grid empowers the village citizens with skill and knowledge. The health grid brings the super-specialty healthcare that is available in the cities to the doorsteps of rural citizens. And the e-governance grid brings transparent governance to the citizens. All these grids lead to economic growth and social transformation.

such a visionary leader we lost today.. ::(

Proud son of a proud nation! Can't think of any other high profile individual who managed to stay apolitical, areligious & free of any scandal throughout his life. Not even extremes from both side of the aisle can raise a single finger on this man's integrity! Find me another one of such kind...

I guess thats the difference between a patriot and a nationalist.. He was a true Indian patriot

You will always be in our hearts. The best president India ever had.

Asatho Maa Sad Gamaya.
Thamaso Maa Jyothir Gamaya.
Mrithyur Maa Amritham Gamaya.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

From untruth lead us to Truth.
From darkness lead us to Light.
From death lead us to Immortality.
Om Peace, Peace, Peace.

Kalam: My favorite poem is “The Vision.” I recited it in Parliament, and I will recite it for you.

I climbed and climbed
Where is the peak, my Lord?
I ploughed and ploughed,
Where is the knowledge treasure, my Lord?
I sailed and sailed,
Where is the island of peace, my Lord?
Almighty, bless my nation
With vision and sweat resulting into happiness.

"You dreamt big and told me too.
You had the wings of fire and told me too.
You had a ignited mind and told ne too.
You had a inspiration and told me too.
you gave a salute to the nation and told me too.
But sir you disappeared from my life when i was going to show the results of your teachings.
Why did you leave? guess you wanted me to do the same too."
:cry:

Best President , Best Scientist , Best Engineer, Best Teacher, Best Patriot , Best Human ...

A role model for my Children ... Today India's Youth Lost their Voice...

There are very few Indian's who served our Mother Land so much ...

43473-718556.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom