What's new

Former Pakistani General: CIA, Mossad behind WikiLeaks Reports

Clearly the general thinks very poorly of the intelligence of Pakistan's citizens. How else could he believe that such a falsehood would be accepted?

The general takes advantage of the fact - long on display here at PDF - of a common deficiency (or characteristic, if you prefer a more neutral term) of Pakistani thinking: that an ignorant accusation is often accepted as fact until disproved by the party under attack. Not only is this "guilty until proven innocent" attitude backward, but when the party under attack is absent or denied a voice there can be little chance its defense being heard, is there? Even when the accused successfully defends himself the hatred induced by the accusation remains, is that not so?

Thus, the nation of Pakistan continually verges upon insanity, as society's hold on reality is continually challenged by loud leaders who seek to take personal advantage of this characteristic, rather than mend the collective psyche.

Actually you are clueless about Pakistan and Pakistani thinking. Without going in too many details, Pakistan has busted dozens of Mosaad agents and CIA ops since the 80s and Israel has tried to sabotage many Pakistani interests around the world. Though they have been caught red handed and have been countered on many occasions.

Please do not pretend that you do not know anything and you are just in Pre-K learning your ABCs. How come there no WikiLeaks about the US, France, Britian, Australia, Kuwait and Israel ? Do you think that the US does not watch the Mosaad very closely. All the Jews busted spying for Israel in the US is a direct result of US watching over Israel. Even US Assistant Secy of State. Paul Wilfowitz was being watched and caught having close relations with Israeli spies..........

No WikeLeaks about Israel ? Something to chew on.......

I observe that most conspiracy theories in pakistan are aimed at semi-literate people. You will rarely find respected pakistani English language news giving credence to such wild news.(I hope pakistani members will agree with me).

In 80s till early 90s, when India was friend of Russia, and our media was not open, there used to be allegation of CIA doing this and that(for instance having a hand on assassination of India Gandhi). People (even leaders) used to call each other CIA spy. (I see that in bangladesh forum a lot now)

But slowly as media opened up people started having more faith in the authoritative information(e.g. mainstream media, govt sources). Also, most educated people will need prima facie evidence for any claim.

Others, of course can watch/read local (sensational) news and have fun.

^ But educated Indians do not need evidence when it comes to accusations against Pakistan! Seems like educated Indians are into conspiracy theories just as much themselves.

I observe that most conspiracy theories in pakistan are aimed at semi-literate people. You will rarely find respected pakistani English language news giving credence to such wild news.(I hope pakistani members will agree with me).

In 80s till early 90s, when India was friend of Russia, and our media was not open, there used to be allegation of CIA doing this and that(for instance having a hand on assassination of India Gandhi). People (even leaders) used to call each other CIA spy. (I see that in bangladesh forum a lot now)

But slowly as media opened up people started having more faith in the authoritative information(e.g. mainstream media, govt sources). Also, most educated people will need prima facie evidence for any claim.

Others, of course can watch/read local (sensational) news and have fun.

Indian media is free to a certain extent and any human right violations can only be found on google or youtube not on Times of India or hindustantimes.com.

Do not want to start discussing Indian media on this thread. Back to the topic, Wikileaks is just a plot to create problems between countries and nothing else.

Indian media is free to a certain extent and any human right violations can only be found on google or youtube not on Times of India or hindustantimes.com.

Do not want to start discussing Indian media on this thread. Back to the topic, Wikileaks is just a plot to create problems between countries and nothing else.

Everybody was praising Wikileaks when they released information last time regarding Iraq war and more causalities. When now it is questioning own conceptions and hurting more, it is now a CIA shadow organization...wow..

Everybody was praising Wikileaks when they released information last time regarding Iraq war and more causalities. When now it is questioning own conceptions and hurting more, it is now a CIA shadow organization...wow..

Who's 'everybody'?

The previous 'leaks' were also orchestrated by the US administration to malign Pakistan. Notice how the Afghan war atrocities were quickly glossed over by the mainstream media and only the Pakistan-related 'leaks' got coverage?

As for the OP and the General, I don't think Mossad is needed in this operation. The CIA aren't a bunch of fools who need Mossad's help at every turn. The US administration is quite capable of arranging these 'leaks' all by themselves.

Look at these 'leaks'.

There is nothing really damaging about the US and its allies. All the explosive 'revelations' are about Arabs, Iran, Afghanistan, China, Russia, Pakistan, etc.

You really think calling other state heads @$%#@&% in their private wires wont make them embarrassed?

Suppose you are living in a room with six friends and one other friends came to know that you are BSing them in your conversations with your other friends?

You really think calling other state heads @$%#@&% in their private wires wont make them embarrassed?

Suppose you are living in a room with six friends and one other friends came to know that you are BSing them in your conversations with your other friends?

Calling people names is silly and mature leaders will overlook these staements in deference to national interests.

What cannot be overlooked are allegations such as:
- Arab leaders want the US to attack Iran
- China officially supports cyber attacks
- China eager to dump North Korea
- Pakistan paranoid about nuclear matter
- Pakistan military planning coups

By comparison, the 'revelations' about US and its allies are amusing at best.

^ But educated Indians do not need evidence when it comes to accusations against Pakistan! Seems like educated Indians are into conspiracy theories just as much themselves.

So according to you, the full world is educated like Indians because they see the Indian evidences for terrorists attack like Interpol red corner notice against Pak army officers while no one ever made a word against India for so called blame for flood. :tongue:

So according to you, the full world is educated like Indians because they see the Indian evidences for terrorists attack like Interpol red corner notice against Pak army officers while no one ever made a word against India for so called blame for flood. :tongue:

I am not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Are you using an argumentum ad populum? You do realize that just because a conspiracy theory is popular in parts of the west, it does not make it any less a conspiracy theory?

Recent Wikileaks are basically what american diplomats think and tell each other. Nobody ( not even americans) claim that they are 100% true. These are assesments of individual diplomats. Even for arguments sake if you say they are leaked by CIA, they remain same,i.e. american assesment of situations(with some intimate details)

Most of the leaks are already known or suspected. Only the colorful language with personal details are interesting, and we all are consuming it like watching "Big brother".

It is widely known that soudis are wary of a powerful Iran, only "Snake" word is interesting, but does not bring anything new to the existing knowledge.

India's "cold start" is debated, and it's usefulness and how much it can be implemented is questioned within and outside India many times. The american diplomats have same view.

Can anybody point out any earth shattering revelation that wikileaks have brought?

To those who think CIA leaked it:
The biggest losers are america's close allies. Americans may not lose much themselves, but they will lose trust of friends.

Will not a head of state be afraid to talk his mind next time to an american diplomat? Can american get same information as they used to get before?

Back
Top Bottom