What's new

Forgotten heroes- Sir Zafrullah Khan (rh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
u also seem to have idea what i just said did u?
Bhai I know what you said.. But do you think Shias are influenced by Iran ? I believe in Shia faith.. Pray like a Sunni ... Dnt give a shit abt Saudi or Iranian clerics .. Nor so many ppl whom I know..

As for our media? Bunch of traitors...

Bhai I know what you said.. But do you think Shias are influenced by Iran ? I believe in Shia faith.. Pray like a Sunni ... Dnt give a shit abt Saudi or Iranian clerics .. Nor so many ppl whom I know..

As for our media? Bunch of traitors...
yaar many kaha na.....there r a few sections yes who r controlled by west like the militant wing of shias in pak forgot its name. But largely Shia sections internally r divided into several branches. Most of them r influenced by the Iran and few by west as well. But i can assure u as of now most of them r pro iran then west in larger scenario.

yaar many kaha na.....there r a few sections yes who r controlled by west like the militant wing of shias in pak forgot its name. But largely Shia sections internally r divided into several branches. Most of them r influenced by the Iran and few by west as well. But i can assure u as of now most of them r pro iran then west in larger scenario.
Sipah e Mohammad died 2 decades back .. It could never succeed due to limited support etc.. While Wahhabi terrorists like Sipah sahaba .. Lashkars e jhangvi etc are still operating and killing innocents...

As for irans influence on Shias .. Yes some people think of Khomeini as a freakin angel but nothing political rather it's a religious issue...

As for irans influence on Shias .. Yes some people think of Khomeini as a freakin angel but nothing political rather it's a religious issue...
ab aye na ap point py!

Thats precisely i said they just think of Khomeini instead of USA as a grand Angel! as if strictly religious . As long as that remains largely as it is we should be just fine atleast as of now.

Last edited:
He is mentioned in equally good or unfortunate terms for no other reason than the one that he was an Ahmedi

Going by your logic , all the praise of Sir Zafarullah Khan , on international level , for his service to Islam , was only because of his Ahmedi Beliefs !! ??

If we are religious bigots , doesnt mean that the whole world is like us too

I am really disappointed at your dishonest approach bro

A few examples of how the Muslims around the world saw this great man :

1)The Statesman, Delhi, dated October 8, 1947, editorially observes: "For the first time the voice of Pakistan was heard in the counsels of the United Nations on a burning topic of world-wide significance when leader of this country's delegation, Chaudhry Zafarullah Khan, addressed the United Nations Palestine Committee at Lake Success on Tuesday. It was a telling speech which tore into shreds the specious pleas put forward by the advocates of the partition of Palestine. Chaudhry Zafarullah did not merely indulge in rhetoric when he described the partition plan as `physically and geographically a monstrosity', he proceeded to prove this by unassailable arguments. Answering the contention that the migration of more Jews into Palestine should be permitted because the Jewish displaced persons desired to go to that country, Pakistan's spokesman asked whether the Americans would consent to relax or abrogate their own immigration laws if displaced persons of various other nationalities desired to enter the United States and settle there? Would America, he further asked, agree to take in the five million displaced persons of the Punjab if they desired to leave the scene of their suffering and cross over to the United States. We have little doubt that the Arabs will rejoice to find the voice of Pakistan so powerfully raised in the United Nations in defence of their cause. The addition of the independent sovereign state of Pakistan to the comity of free Muslim peoples of the World is already beginning to have its effect on international affairs," the paper concluded.

2)The same paper in its issue, dated October 11, 1947, quotes "an Arab Spokesman" on Muhammad Zafarullah Khan's speech before the Palestine Committee of United Nations General Assembly, on October 7, 1947, as saying: "It was a most brilliant and exhaustive survey of the Arab case regarding Palestine that I have ever heard."

3) In one of his letters in Urdu dated March 6, 1948, addressed to a Pakistani, Khawaja Hassan Nizami, the well-known Muslim divine of Delhi, in reference to the brilliant advocacy of the Palestine cause by Muhammad Zafarullah Khan at the United Nations, writes: "The fact of the matter is that Chaudhry Zafarullah Khan has done a job for which 80 crore Muslims of the World owe him a debt of gratitude. I never hesitate to mention this fact to all, the intelligentsia and the common people alike. Even in my speeches at big public gatherings. I freely express this view."

4) His Majesty King Faisal-al-Saud, who in his capacity as Foreign Minister of Saudia Arab headed the Saudi Arabian delegation to the United Nations, in a letter, dated May 5, 1948, to Muhammad Zafarullah Khan, thanked him `for your close co-operation and the noble stand which your Excellency has taken, not only during the meeting but since the question of Palestine has been put before the United Nations. Allow me to state that your high principles have created a desire on the part of all righteous persons to identify themselves with the efforts of your Excellency, not only on behalf of the Arabs, but Moslems all over the world as well', the letter adds.

5) Al-Syed Ahmad Asim, Sajada Nashin Dargah Hazrat Sheikh Abdul Qadir Gilani, Baghdad, a cousin of Al-Syed Abdul Qadir Al-Gilani, former Ambassador of Iraq to Pakistan, in his letter in Urdu dated July 5, 1948, addressed to Muhammad Zafarullah Khan, writes: "I avail of this opportunity to thank you from the core of my heart, on my behalf as well as on behalf of the family of Hazrat Gous-ul-Azam, for the great Jihad you waged in a purely Islamic spirit in support of the Holy Land of Palestine before the United Nations. I earnestly pray that Almighty Allah may grant you full recompense for your services and enable you to further serve the cause of Islam."

6) Syed Amin Husseini, Grand Mufti of Palestine, in a telegram dated, Cairo, March 1, 1950, says: "Wish reassure your Excellency our deep appreciation your invaluable efforts for just causes of Islam. May God guard you crowning your efforts with success."

7) A three-member delegation of Libya, including the Secretary General of Libya's Liberation Council, called on Pakistan Ambassador in Cairo, Haji Abdus Sattar Seth, on June 20, 1950 and expressed their country's gratitude to Pakistan for the services rendered by Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan in connection with the independence of Libya. The delegation said Pakistan's Foreign Minister had presented the feelings of the people of Libya before the United Nations in a remarkable manner. It is through his efforts that Libya is now on the threshold of independence (Libya achieved independence on January 1, 1951). Libya can never forget the services rendered by Pakistan and its respected Foreign Minister and for this is sincerely grateful to Pakistan. (The news was carried by papers dated June 21, 1950).

8) The spontaneous reaction of Mr. Awny Dejani, a Palestinian Arab, who was a senior member of the Saudi Arabian delegation to the 1950 United Nations General Assembly Session, to one of Muhammad Zafarullah Khan's speeches before the United Nations supporting the Arabs cause, was epitomised in the following words jotted on a piece of paper and sent to Zafarullah Khan on the conclusion of his address: "You were God-sent to us, Sir. No words of mine or expressions from my heart could convey to you, Sir, our indebtedness to your leadership. God bless you, Sir, and keep you for us."

9) Mr. Abdul Rahman Azzam, the Secretary General of the Arab League, in his letter, dated November 15, 1951, observes: "Reading in my bed your speech in the Assembly, I prayed to God to save you and preserve your health for long years in the service of Islam. My congratulations on your clear, human and Islamic statement from the world rostrum."

10) Al-Ayyam of Damascus in it's issue of 24 February writes: "Zafarullah Khan will be given a tremendous welcome in the Syrian capital. He raised his voice in defence of humanity, justice and righteousness at every political gathering and at every international forum. Zafarullah in the person who bent all his energies in representing the causes of the Arab countries and as such his name will ever be written in gold in the history of the Arabs. His conscience is saturated with faith; his conversation is marked with reason and logic. He always keeps in view true and unalloyed good of humanity. In welcoming Muhammad Zafarullah Khan today we are welcoming a person of faith, belief and humaneness who wants to see the establishment of a pure, clean and exemplary society in the world, who desires to bring about an environment of brotherhood and camaraderie in which human life could flourish unimpeded and no human being could usurp the rights of another fellow human being."

11) Prominent Egyptian leader Al-Sayed Mustafa Momin, in an interview to A.P.P (published in various Pakistan dailies dated May 24, and 25, 1952) states: "Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan holds an enviable position in the world of Islam. He is looked upon as a topmost statesman, in the Middle East in general and in Egypt and other Arab countries, in particular. By his forceful support of Tunisia, Morocco, Iran and Egypt at the United Nations, he has served the cause of Islam in a way no other leader has been able to do."

12) In June 1952, Al-Jareeda, a Cairo newspaper, carried a so-called fatwa by one Mufti Husnain Muhammad Mekhloof, in which he had attacked the Ahmadiyya Jama'at and the process spewed fire and brimstone on Muhammad Zafarullah Khan. The Secretary General of the Arab League, Abdur Rahman Azzam Pasha, issued a statement expressing extreme disgust over the fatwa. The statement was also published by Al-Jareeda in its issue dated June 22, 1952. An English rendering of the statement by Abdur Rahman Azzam Pasha is as follows: "It came to me a great surprise that you (i.e. Editor of the newspaper) accepted an opinion expressed by the Mufti about Qadianis or Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan, as an effective religious fatwa. If this principle is accepted, the beliefs of human beings, their honour and prestige and their entire future will be at the mercy of the views and opinions of a few ulema. Fatwa is sought and given on a definite and unambiguous matter. Even fatwa pronounced in this manner does not carry more weight than that of an opinion. Nor is it necessary that others should accept it. Islam does not permit papaey of ulema and gives them no authority to pronounce anyone beyond the pale of Islam. Everyone who believes in the Unity of Allah, and in Muhammad (peace be upon him) as His Prophet and turns of Ka'aba for prayers, is surely a Muslim. Such one needs no certificate for being a Muslim. It is utterly against the interest of Muslims to call any sect as heretic; one of the cardinal principles of Islam is that one should not doubt the faith of the other. We know for certain that Zafarullah Khan is a Muslim by profession and by practice. He has been successful in defending the cause of Islam all over the world. Whatever stand was taken in defence of Islam, he was always its successful protagonist. It was for this reason that he came to be respected by all and the hearts of Muslims all the world over were filled with sentiments of gratitude for him. He is one of those ablest leaders who have the knack of skilfully resolving national and popular problems."

13) Senator Jalal Hussein of Egypt in a telegram to Muhammad Zafarullah Khan, dated June, 24, 1952, says: "Assure your Excellency wholehearted appreciation of your indefatigable efforts to serve Islamic countries. Arabs aware of your Jihad for Islam."

14) Az-Zaman, a Cairo newspaper, in its issue dated June 25, 1952, writes: "Responsible quarters are severely condemning this fatwa. The courage with which Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan has always defended the causes of the Arabs in general and of Egypt in particular in the context of safeguarding Islamic interests, has won him grateful applause of responsible quarters." The newspaper adds: "Ahmad Khashaba Pasha, the Director of Al-Azhar University has stated that the fatwa had given him intense pain, because Chaudhry Muhammad Zafarullah Khan had rendered great services to the Muslims and Arab world in general and Egypt in particular. The Al-Azhar chief, in his statement, also mentioned Zafarullah Khan's support and assistance extended to the Egyptian delegation at various U. N. Assembly sessions, particularly his valuable support in the matter of winning for Egypt a seat in the Security Council."

15) Another Cairo daily, Al-Ayam, dated June 28, 1952, published a statement by the well-known Egyptian author, Dr. Ahmad Zaki Bek who, expressing his disgust over the fatwa, says: "Against which great personality has he pronounced his fatwa? Yes, against that great person who has done so much for the good of Islam and Muslims that the Mufti has neither been able to do so far nor is he likely to do in the future even if he lives the full span of his life."

[quote="Armstrong, post: 5253848, member: 136877"] He is mentioned in equally good or unfortunate terms for no other reason than the one that he was an Ahmedi

Yet once more you're missing the point here & incessantly trying to give a twist to my words !

I don't give a frig about his Beliefs nor have I belittled him in any way possible; his Services to Pakistan were no more or no less than the Services of dozens of other Pakistanis who helped setup the State Institutions of Pakistan at the time of the country's inception - That is not an Insult in the least bit !

He does not, however, tower above them nor they above him - They all did their duty to the State & did it well enough & we owe a lot to them but Zafarullah Khan Sahib finds a mention every now & then not because of his prowess as a Diplomat because there have been plenty of good diplomats in Pakistan's History - Agha Shahi for one, but because of his Religious Beliefs where both who wish to highlight the Narrative of the Persecution of Ahmedis in Pakistan & those who oppose that narrative !

I've said this a few times before & clearly either I'm not getting through to you or reading my words from a completely different angle so let this be the end of it - Good Day to you !

Reactions: HRK
Yet once more you're missing the point here & incessantly trying to give a twist to my words !

I don't give a frig about his Beliefs nor have I belittled him in any way possible; his Services to Pakistan were no more or no less than the Services of dozens of other Pakistanis who helped setup the State Institutions of Pakistan at the time of the country's inception - That is not an Insult in the least bit !

He does not, however, tower above them nor they above him - They all did their duty to the State & did it well enough & we owe a lot to them but Zafarullah Khan Sahib finds a mention every now & then not because of his prowess as a Diplomat because there have been plenty of good diplomats in Pakistan's History - Agha Shahi for one, but because of his Religious Beliefs where both who wish to highlight the Narrative of the Persecution of Ahmedis in Pakistan & those who oppose that narrative !

I've said this a few times before & clearly either I'm not getting through to you or reading my words from a completely different angle so let this be the end of it - Good Day to you !

You are insisting that he is only as good as dozens of others . My point is that he rises above the other "dozens" . And it is not my personal opinion . This fact is backed by a lot of neutral sources . Unfortunately ,Our History has been mutilated by conservative fake historians and it is understandable that why a lot of my countrymen disagree with me , without knowing the facts .

Anyways I respect your opinion bro , have a good day too :)

Precisely because of elements like these in All India Muslim League most of the Ulema didn't support the movement for Pakistan because they knew whats going to be the future of such a country with such elements being at the helm of the affairs even before the founding of the Pakistani state.

For Deoband and Barelvi Ullema , Jinnah and Iqbal themselves were "Kafirs" ,( why mention Zafarullah Khan or Sir Agha Khan ?) . So spare us this crap plz

Last edited:
yu ab aye na ap point py!

Thats precisely i said they just think of Khomeini instead of USA as a grand Angel! as if strictly religious . As long as that remains largely as it is we should be just fine atleast as of now.

Well in all fairness if Shias should keep their beliefs strictly religious and not political then Sunnis should be held to that same standard sirjee, no?

Dr .Safdar Mehmood has himself admitted in this article that his research may not be perfect
And it surely isn`t . I am getting more and more convinced now that this guy is a fake historian (as a lot of educated people say).
And in this article , he is lying , yet again !!
I am surprised that he didn`t know about what the (then) viceroy had said (or may be he is intentionally lying as usual)

On 12 March 1940, Viceroy Lord Linlithgow wrote to the Secretary of Stale for India:

Upon my instruction Zafarullah wrote a memorandum on the subject. Two Dominion States. I have already sent it to your attention. I have also asked him for further clarification, which, he says, is forthcoming. He is anxious, however, that no one should find out that he has prepared this plan. He has, however, given me the right to do with it what I like, including sending a copy to you. Copies have been passed on to Jinnah, and, I think, to Sir Akbar Hydari. While he, Zafarullah, cannot admit its authorship, his document has been prepared for adoption by the Muslim League with a view to giving it the fullest publicity.

The Viceroy explains this further. Since Zafarullah was a Qadiani he had to be cautious. The Muslims would become
irritated if they found that this scheme was prepared by a Qadiani .

The Viceroy said that Jinnah had been given a copy to make the Muslim League adopt it and publicise its contents. Sir
Akbar was given a copy because he was responsible for fund raising. The dates take on a special significance. The Viceroy' s
letter to the Secretary of State was written on 12 April 1940 . The Pakistan scheme had been dispatched earlier. Twelve days
later the Muslim League adopted this very proposal at their Lahore Annual Meeting. It was called Pakistan Agreement.

Sir Zafarullah's term on the Viceroy's Executive Council was expiring in March. Due to his loyal service, however, the term was extended. Two days after the Muslim League had adopted this proposal, on 25 March 1940, the Viceroy wrote:

The Congress are putting forward a preposterous claim which they know is incapable of being accepted. He [Jinnah] will put forward just as extreme a claim, of the impracticability of realising which he is probably just well aware; but the existence of which, will, while reaffirming the Muslim attitude of hostility to the Congress scheme, take away some, at any rate, of the damaging charges which are hitherto being levelled against them [Muslim League] that they have no constructive ideas of their own. (Facts are Facts by Khan Abdul Wali Khan)

OK the problem with this piece is the time line...Qadyani were resented only after 1953...so why did Mr. Qadyani have to be cautious then?

OK the problem with this piece is the time line...Qadyani were resented only after 1953...so why did Mr. Qadyani have to be cautious then?

Since the movement’s inception, the Ahmadis have been subjected to various forms of persecution . Orthodox Muslims were against Ahmedis since always . The Punjab riots targeting the Ahmadis which began in February 1953 , had deep roots in history . Viceroy Lord Linlithgow and Sir Zafarullah himself were quite aware of the strong anti ahmedi sentiment prevailing among the orthodox Muslims !!

Since the movement’s inception, the Ahmadis have been subjected to various forms of persecution . Orthodox Muslims were against Ahmedis since always . The Punjab riots targeting the Ahmadis which began in February 1953 , had deep roots in history . Viceroy Lord Linlithgow and Sir Zafarullah himself were quite aware of the strong anti ahmedi sentiment prevailing among the orthodox Muslims !!
Right...but I doubt he needed to hide...back then it was just literally "collecting" as many Muslims as possible for Pakistan's success....

I am always skeptical about what the West wrote or whatnot...They even wrote the Indian freedom fighters as terrorists and whatever they wished to write...hence, I rarely bother what they have to say ...it rarely is history but a mere opinion!

Right...but I doubt he needed to hide...back then it was just literally "collecting" as many Muslims as possible for Pakistan's success....

I wish only !! Things were never that ideal

I am always skeptical about what the West wrote or whatnot...They even wrote the Indian freedom fighters as terrorists and whatever they wished to write...hence, I rarely bother what they have to say ...it rarely is history but a mere opinion!

very unacademic !!

very unacademic !!
Academic doesnt refer to just reading baseless...but the ability to distinguish rubbish from reality....or at least filter out biased reports and articles which mind you are more than authentic stuff!

Academic doesnt refer to just reading baseless...but the ability to distinguish rubbish from reality....or at least filter out biased reports and articles which mind you are more than authentic stuff!

yes , ability to distinguish rubbish from reality
ability to distinguish article/biased report , from a "official" letter written to secretary of the state by the viceroy himself :)

yes , ability to distinguish rubbish from reality
ability to distinguish article/biased report , from a "official" letter written to secretary of the state by the viceroy himself :)
Where is the letter? All I hear is he said she said they said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom