What's new

Forget Bollywood, here are Lollywood’s most popular and most impactful movies from 2015

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Forget Bollywood, here are Lollywood’s most popular and most impactful movies from 2015
31112-BB-1451135238-576-640x480.jpg

During the revival of Pakistani cinema during 2012-13, television actors adorned the silver screen with their powerful presence.

Pakistan’s movie industry met its downfall during the 1990s and 2000s. This was the time when big screen actors migrated to television, because there was no variety and Punjabi movies ruled the cinema. During the 1960s to 1980s, Waheed Murad, Nadeem Baig, Shabnam, Shaan Shahid, Resham and Reema Khan were the regular faces to be seen on screen.

However, during the revival of Pakistani cinema during 2012-13, television actors adorned the silver screen with their powerful presence. During 2015, a number of Pakistani movies were released which heralded the rise of this industry. This blog will highlight some of the successful movies, of the year 2015, in terms of their quality and the revenue that they generated.
Forget Bollywood, here are Lollywood’s most popular and most impactful movies from 2015 – The Express Tribune Blog
@DesertFox97 @django @MaarKhoor @Ammara Chaudhry @waz

Man, bollywood has dropped the ball big time. 2015 was one of the worst years yet!

I think there is now a real chance for other industries to fill the gap.

Lollywood would succeed only if they follow in footsteps Pakistan dramas industry with strong acting and storyline and dont focus on bollywood item numbers and cars flying everywhere.

Man, bollywood has dropped the ball big time. 2015 was one of the worst years yet!

I think there is now a real chance for other industries to fill the gap.
Bollywood is dead they dont have any good scripts the movies start with item numbers and ends with cars flying in every direction.The last movie i watched till the end was 3 idiots

Lollywood would succeed only if they follow in footsteps Pakistan dramas industry with strong acting and storyline and dont focus on bollywood item numbers and cars flying everywhere.

Bollywood is dead they dont have any good scripts the movies start with item numbers and ends with cars flying in every direction.The last movie i watched till the end was 3 idiots

I agree Bollywood has fallen,but there is still some hope there are good films like Bajrangi Bhaijan & Bajirao Mastani too

2015 was an owesome year for Lollywood revival.... i would love to watch pakistani movies since i'm not interested in bollywood from day one.... yesterday i was watching pakistani comedy movie ''jawani phir nai ani'' and i just kept luaghing during the whole movie, becuase dialogues were so good and funny.. which i doubt any bollywood movie can make you luagh the whole 3 hours. Now i'm desperatly waiting for new pakistani movie Yalghaar based on SSG's swat operation. i hope it will be released in 2016.
Best of luck to Lollywood in 2016 .all we need to do is just focuse on our own culture and our own social stories .... and shouldn't copy bollywood or indian culture otherwise Lollywood may not be able to attract pakistani audience who are now fed up from indian crap movies who mostly are copy of hollywood or of thier own old movies

Good Luck Lollywood
Unfortunately the good to bad ratio is ridiculously bad - maybe 10 really good films for about 700 bad ones?
Ya Bollywood making bad movies these days. Bollywood might not stay for long in Pakistan but in India its here to dominate forever, and thats what matter to us.

anybody knows when did Yalghar and war2 will release????

I agree Bollywood has fallen,but there is still some hope there are good films like Bajrangi Bhaijan & Bajirao Mastani too
I have watched some South Indian translated films and they seem to have better stories than mainstream movies

Actually people want those types of films the record bussiness of jpna was proof of that
The films i am waiting for

2015 was an owesome year for Lollywood revival.... i would love to watch pakistani movies since i'm not interested in bollywood from day one.... yesterday i was watching pakistani comedy movie ''jawani phir nai ani'' and i just kept luaghing during the whole movie, becuase dialogues were so good and funny.. which i doubt any bollywood movie can make you luagh the whole 3 hours. Now i'm desperatly waiting for new pakistani movie Yalghaar based on SSG's swat operation. i hope it will be released in 2016.
Best of luck to Lollywood in 2016 .all we need to do is just focuse on our own culture and our own social stories .... and shouldn't copy bollywood or indian culture otherwise Lollywood may not be able to attract pakistani audience who are now fed up from indian crap movies who mostly are copy of hollywood or of thier own old movies
My favourite scenes were the cia agent and main daghi nahe main baghi hoan i was like :rofl:

It was the year of first step toward the revival. Not bad! But 2016 will be even better and we will see some outstanding work. Mah e Meer, Yalgaar, Kambakhat, Maalik, and many others. All these movies are going to play a vital role in reshaping the industry.

Back
Top Bottom