What's new

Food for Thought!!!

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Before we go chest-thumping our way into the -pits of our 18 F-16C/D MRCA, and take on the US, here is some food for thought.....

"The closest we can get to the truth is that 192 member states of the United Nations collectively spend some $1.5 trillion on defence of which $750 billion is the military budget of the United States. Pakistan, with a defence budget of five billion dollars or 0.66 percent of the American defence spending, has neither the resources nor the technology to stop the US from entering or exiting its airspace"

Before we go chest-thumping our way into the -pits of our 18 F-16C/D MRCA, and take on the US, here is some food for thought.....

"The closest we can get to the truth is that 192 member states of the United Nations collectively spend some $1.5 trillion on defence of which $750 billion is the military budget of the United States. Pakistan, with a defence budget of five billion dollars or 0.66 percent of the American defence spending, has neither the resources nor the technology to stop the US from entering or exiting its airspace"

True Mr Think Tank. But we can spend more and have more deals with China. Who knows we may start with Russia, and as being long, cold enemies, Russians may kind of 're-equip' our A-A-A or S-A-Ms.

We still can counter the UsAF according to my views. S-A-Ms and AMRAAMs can get to A/F-18s, cant they?

I would disagree.

Though its true that Pakistan cannot stop US from violating its airspace and sovereignty at will, bit its not only about defense budget.

Its about attitude and resolve.

What stops Pakistan from taking extreme steps ? Whats stops Pakistan from becoming another North Korea?

You already have China on your side. The question is how long are they willing to support you? This is something which only someone sitting in Rawalpindi can answer (Why Rawalpindi, why not Islamabad?)

True Mr Think Tank. But we can spend more and have more deals with China. Who knows we may start with Russia, and as being long, cold enemies, Russians may kind of 're-equip' our A-A-A or S-A-Ms.

We still can counter the UsAF according to my views. S-A-Ms and AMRAAMs can get to A/F-18s, cant they?

keep dreaming fella!

I would disagree.

Though its true that Pakistan cannot stop US from violating its airspace and sovereignty at will, bit its not only about defense budget.

Its about attitude and resolve.

What stops Pakistan from taking extreme steps ? Whats stops Pakistan from becoming another North Korea?

You already have China on your side. The question is how long are they willing to support you? This is something which only someone sitting in Rawalpindi can answer (Why Rawalpindi, why not Islamabad?)

there is talk of shooting the drones, doing this and that, unnecessary bluster! i am just pointing out the limits of our room to maneover with the US - its not much!

its not abt R/pindi or I/abad.

there is talk of shooting the drones, doing this and that, unnecessary bluster! i am just pointing out the limits of our room to maneover with the US - its not much!

its not abt R/pindi or I/abad.

Yes, certainly.

And the situation will only become from bad to worse after finding of OBL in Abbotabad.

Yes, certainly.

And the situation will only become from bad to worse after finding of OBL in Abbotabad.

another example - our 'learned' media was saying that R/Davis was re-leased by the army/ISI - well well what do we get - he was released on the order of Prez and PM !!! - ISI chief statement in the parliament.!!!

perceptions can be mis-leading!!!

if you do the comparison with Iran or NK, what do they have that we lack ?

You should mind you retarded logic.

Pakistan is a democratic nation, that's not even relevant to North Korea.

China will stand by us for the foreseeable future. Pakistan is China's vital interest, i don't have to elaborate.
(and Russia's coming to us too thanks to your licking to Uncle Sam and be a betrayer).

Well, small country can not contend with major powers, but powers the eyes not only in small countries, small country do not need to defeat big country, just let the big powers feel the price is too high, it is not worth a strategy, it is enough. But the small country if not even Show sufficient determination to resist, it is finished, big countries just need to scare you can get all he wants, because any time you can find great power is invincible, just need to compare the numbers, but the number is not strategy.

Well, small country can not contend with major powers, but powers the eyes not only in small countries, small country do not need to defeat big country, just let the big powers feel the price is too high, it is not worth a strategy, it is enough. But the small country if not even Show sufficient determination to resist, it is finished, big countries just need to scare you can get all he wants, because any time you can find great power is invincible, just need to compare the numbers, but the number is not strategy.

and you get to wonder what was the purpose of thread opener here? play typical Fear factor that they have always been playing upon us for their personal benefits?

thanks god, this generation/kind is dying in PAKISTAN...

and you get to wonder what was the purpose of thread opener here? play typical Fear factor that they have always been playing upon us for their personal benefits?

thanks god, this generation/kind is dying in PAKISTAN...

Can only say that it is not easy for small countries to resist a big country and even a superpower. even if you show strong determination, but also need to prepare for a possible painful price. because the big countries will not be easy intimidated. is needed is really determined to Action. Iran is often shouted to the United States, a superpower, and sometimes seem ridiculous, but it is the right approach for the small country, I know I can not beat you, but I will not give up resistance, you will pay for it. Of course, not only a roar, Iran do rapid the military development , so Iran is safe for decades.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom