What's new

Flags of Dominion of Pakistan - Is it true ?

Mandalorian_CA

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
dominion_of_pakistan__1947__by_gregi989_dcmkvrb-fullview (1).jpg
dominion_of_pakistan_by_madgerman123_d8z61j5-fullview.jpg

These 'flags' appear to be more of a fanboy's job than real ones.
The Dominion of Pakistan, as Pakistan was known upon independence, was a sovereign country but since we did not have a constitution of our own, we had no choice but to accept the British Monarch as our sovereign, something which appears to be wrong in light of our current constitution which explicitly mentions that 'sovereignty over the entire universe belongs to Almighty Allah'.
Either way, these flags are fake. Pakistan's flag was and has remained the same since independence. The emblem of the government has changed, however. And the Presidential Standard has taken over the old Governor-General's standard which featured a crown and the word 'Pakistan' emblazoned on a field of blue.

pk_gg3.gif

The standard of the Governor-General of Pakistan (1947-1956)

images

The standard of the President of Pakistan (1998-present). The versions used from 1956-1998 were a variation of this design.

I think We are still British or a colony of the British . I mean apart from the constitution where everything belongs to Allah , our laws are British based. Infrastructure built by the British. Education system is British (O level and Alevels) . Driving laws (Right Hand Drive) also British. Every Pakistani dreams to immigrate to Britain. Why not just be part of Britain again . We tend to live better under the British meaning Pakistanis follow rules in the west.

Flags of Pakistan as dominion if any other than our current flag should be based on the bristiclsh india's flag. Which had either maroonish/red background or blue with order of the star of India. Though as our current flag was presented in legislative assembly before 14 Aug 1947 I don't any need for a separate dominion flag though emblems may be different as they evolved with time.

Last edited:
Flags of Pakistan as dominion if any other than our current flag should be based on the bristiclsh india's flag. Which had either maroonish/red background or blue with order of the star of India. Though as our current flag was presented in legislative assembly before 14 Aug 1947 I don't any need for a separate dominion flag though emblems may be different as they evolved with time.

There was no British India flag or are u referring to British Raj flag coz that is totally different.

Back
Top Bottom