What's new

Fix matches

hmm i guess some matches are fixed

but to fix a match and involve a whole team is almost incomprehendable, and highly unlikely, altho the ICC will most likely investigate and i think that would be the right thing to do... i wonder if anyone made bundles of money by placing a bet that indian will lose after being 1 for 200 lol

i admit when i seen the scored of india and sth africa, i was shocked

You guys just love making assumptions

If you are not getting results that you were expecting from some teams then that match was fixed lol

Typical desi thinking

Why dont we understand the fact that there could be some upsets in games

You guys just love making assumptions

If you are not getting results that you were expecting from some teams then that match was fixed lol

Typical desi thinking
Why dont we understand the fact that there could be some upsets in games
It's not abt upsets .

Did u see today's match ??
Did u see pakistan's match against NZ ??

It's not abt upsets .

Did u see today's match ??
Did u see pakistan's match against NZ ??

yes i watched today match and it was close contest and southafrican won becuase they did bat well in last over and india lost becuase nehra lost his senses lol

yes i watched pak vs new zeland and paksitani did not bat well and did not feild well thats why they lost the game

so what? you blame bookies for poor perfomances of players. I dont without any evidence..its all ur gup shup unless you bring some evidence to back it

hehe if fixing meant more entertainment, close finishes then I dont have any problem. Good for TV rights, brands, viewers, everyone.

Ejaz Butt says hello, support that lunatic guy. LOL

I can understand why you felt so, this WC is best. All matches have been just superb. Its unbelievable! You gotta understand there is no favourite team in this WC. Even mighty Aussies will have to work hard. Its open world cup. Given flat pitches, minnows are playing great.

Todays collapse of India was nothing more than cocky arrogance and over confidence. I thank god it happened before QFs.

England got beaten by India Bangla and Ireland but beats South Africa, team which beat India today. Pakistan beaten Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka but got beaten by New Zealand and allmost chocked against Canada.

Kamran Akmal and Rana Naveed are involved in Match fixing-VOA
Posted by wasim on Feb 27, 2010

LAHORE: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has provided match fixing proves to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) against alleged involvement of wicket keeper Kamran Akmal and medium pacer Rana Naveed-ul-Hasan.

PCB chairman Ijaz Butt on Friday made the startling revelation that ICC had provided PCB with the concrete proves of their alleged involvement in match fixing. Despite repeated questions, Ijaz Butt had refused to name the players.

On investigation, a highly placed official in PCB exclusively told Voice of America on the condition of anonymity that “the two players were wicket keeper Kamran Akmal and medium pacer Rana Naveed-ul-Hasan”.

Wicket keeper Akmal had come under heavy fire for his repeated fumbles on the Australian tour. Its worth mentioning that both players were dropped from the T-20 series against England recently played in Dubai.

When asked if the proves were so concrete, why PCB included Akmal and Rana in the initial list of 30 players for the T-20 world cup, the source said that “both will be missing from the final list for the T-20 WC.

The source further insisted that “PCB has announced an additional wicket keeper Zulqarnain Haider along side Kamran Akmal and Sarfaraz Ahmed in 30 initial players which indicates that Akmal would not feature in the final squad for T-20 WC to be played in West Indies in April. ———————————————————————————

KARACHI: Senior Pakistan players Kamran Akmal and Rana Naved have reacted strongly to the reports, which said they were under investigation by Pakistan Cricket Board for their alleged involvement in match-fixing.

Both Akmal and Naved denied they had any link with the bookmakers or were involved in match-fixing.

The Voice of America, quoting a highly placed source in the board reported, on Saturday, that both the players were dropped for the T20 International series against England in Dubai this month for this very reason.

“I will be consulting the board and my lawyer also to decide what action to take against the VOA for making these false allegations,” Akmal said.

“I am definitely going to take this matter further,” he said.

The PCB chairman Ejaz Butt had stopped short of naming the two players, on Friday, at a press conference.

After first saying that two Pakistani players were under investigation for match fixing, he later retracted his statement saying he was talking about an old case.

Rana said that he had a feeling that there was conspiracy against him and he was also contemplating legal action against the people who gave the news.

“I have always tried to do my best for my country, look at my performances, how can anyone say I am involved in match-fixing,” Rana said.

Both players were dropped recently for the T20 series against England in Dubai without the selectors giving any reason for this decision.

Although both were named in the list of 30 probables announced, on Friday, for T20 World Cup, the VOA report quoted a source in the board as saying that they would not be selected in the final squad.

Meanwhile, a PCB spokesman also denied that any current player was involved in match-fixing.

Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik involved in Match Fixing? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Breaking News Online Team
Tuesday, 18 May 2010 21:00

Breaking News: At least four Pakistani cricketers, including Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik were reportedly involved in match-fixing during the Australian tour. Their involvement was suspected by some former cricketers, who were in the PCB Inquiry Committee.

A video released by leading Pakistani TV Channel Geo TV showed a recent meeting of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) inquiry committee, in which Intikhab Alam and Aaqib Javed suspected Kamran Akmal's involvement in match-fixing.

Kamran had dropped four catches in the match, including three off Mike Hussey, which later helped him to score a century and pull off a sensational victory against Pakistan.

Aaqib Javed was quoted as saying, "I can't say 100 per cent that there is match-fixing, but I have my strong suspicions"

bob woolmer gets killed and nothing found, who did etc. his book on match fixing remains unpublished rather lost. shane warne tells the match would be a draw, and it draws on 338 and then someone emails "thanks for tell me, I earned alot on betting for a draw", someone drops two catches and smiles?, someone was suppose to take a catch and he remains like an idol in their second over?

I dont find you guys wrongs, its just you act immature because you tend to like a game, probably we loved it more than you lads, probabaly we played more than you could ever in a 10 years span of life, but we never stop thinking from whats going on.

i browse this thread to find out some interesting stats but after knowing all the bullshit on this thread .i m realizing i have wasted 5 precious minutes of my life . Regretting !

Keep arguing on lame things kidos

I dont know, but I miss Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shabbir Ahmed, Imran Khan, Moin Khan, Miandad, AbdulQadir and Saleem malik.
Saeed anwar and viv richards, malcolm marshal, Michael holdings and everyone added fun !!

I miss the olden cricket, thats what I usually see on Youtube, Golden days of Cricket, peaceful and clean, no fights and bowler appriciating a six!

Of course the matches are fixed --- to be played on a specific date!

I dont know, but I miss Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shabbir Ahmed, Imran Khan, Moin Khan, Miandad, AbdulQadir and Saleem malik.
Saeed anwar and viv richards, malcolm marshal, Michael holdings and everyone added fun !!

I miss the olden cricket, thats what I usually see on Youtube, Golden days of Cricket, peaceful and clean, no fights and bowler appriciating a six!

lol dude Salim Malik is serving life ban for fixing matches, and You are missing him? Wasim Akram was also not clean, Judge had soft corner for him, Justice Qayyum has revealed this now. PCB had best chance to come out clean but they failed. Thats why few yrs later we have Amir/Asif/Salman.

Match-fixing judge reveals 'soft corner' for Akram

Shabbir Ahmed belongs to golden generation of cricketers? He was banned by ICC 4-5yrs ago for his bowling action. He was mediocre bowler.

Dunno what clips you watching on youtube, aggression today is nothing. Older players had 10x aggression, See Ambrose's videos.

Your cricketing knowledge is very poor mate. Bowlers used to appreciate six on their own bowling? R u aware abt term Chin music? Those killer looks from Donald, Ambrose.

For hint, search -

Ambrose vs Waugh, Donald vs Atherton on Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom