PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Five Indian Soldiers Killed in Attack Along Pakistan Border

By Andrew MacAskill - Aug 6, 2013 2:53 AM ET

iTIXGGAz8o0U.jpg

Source: Bloomberg.com
Ram Niwas, head constable of Indian Border Security Force (BSF), who was wounded in a cross-border firing incident at the Ramgarh Sector in Samba district, near the India-Pakistan border some 45 km from Jammu, is brought to the government Medical College Hospital in Jammu on Aug. 5, 2013. Source: AFP/Getty Images

Five Indian soldiers died after their border post was attacked in the disputed region of Kashmir, six months after some of the most serious violence in a decade derailed peace talks with neighbor Pakistan.

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on his official Twitter account that he had been briefed on the killings. The deaths call into question recent overtures by Pakistan’s newly elected government to resume meetings, he said. Pakistani troops crossed into Indian territory after midnight and ambushed the Sarla post along the so-called Line of Control that divides Kashmir, Press Trust of India reported.

The clash may hinder efforts to repair ties between the South Asia neighbors shattered by the Mumbai terrorist attack in 2008. Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last month suggested dates for talks on access to water from major rivers, and the Sir Creek maritime border, his first major peace initiative since winning elections in May.

India has been considering a proposal for discussions between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sharif at the United Nations in New York at the end of September, an Indian government official, who asked not to be named because he’s not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said last week.

Excerpt: Five Indian Soldiers Killed in Attack Along Pakistan Border - Bloomberg

We don't do just incursions... Situation happened an hour ago from current time.

According to some reports, PA troops entered 400 meters across the LoC and struck hard the IA Sarla Post. Does anyone know typically how many Indian army personnel are present in an Indian army outpost along the LoC and adjacent sectors?

This operation is believed to be revenge for the single Pakistani soldier killed ten days ago by an Indian assault on a PA outpost along the LoC.

If the 400 meters report is correct, job well done by the PA, the Army has really studied the environment well infiltration into enemy held ground is quite astounding, months ago PA had managed 300 meters into Indian held territory--that too in a spectacular operation killing roughly 7 Indian army soldiers.

According to some reports, PA troops entered 400 meters across the LoC and struck hard the IA Sarla Post. Does anyone know typically how many Indian army personnel are present in an Indian army outpost along the LoC and adjacent sectors?

This operation is in revenge for the single Pakistani soldier killed ten days ago by an Indian assault on a PA outpost along the LoC.

If the 400 meters report is correct, job well done by the PA, the Army has really studied the environment well infiltration into enemy held ground is quite astounding, months ago PA had managed x miles into Indian held territory--that too in a spectacular operation killing roughly 7 Indian army soldiers.

Reports by whom? By Indian media.

anyway both sides should end this practice.

This operation is in revenge for the single Pakistani soldier killed ten days ago by an Indian assault on a PA outpost along the LoC.

If the 400 meters report is correct, job well done by the PA, the Army has really studied the environment well infiltration into enemy held ground is quite astounding, months ago PA had managed x miles into Indian held territory--that too in a spectacular operation killing roughly 7 Indian army soldiers.

Are you implying that we had any hand in it?....

New reports stating it was an "Area domination patrol" of the IA which was "ambushed".

@notorious_eagle

30-40 men...

Last edited by a moderator:
Job well done, the way the indian army was trying to bully us they had to be put back into their place. They do need to realize that we are not Bangladesh. I just hope that the Pliticians were not such retards.

This operation is believed to be revenge for the single Pakistani soldier killed ten days ago by an Indian assault on a PA outpost along the LoC.

If the 400 meters report is correct, job well done by the PA, the Army has really studied the environment well infiltration into enemy held ground is quite astounding, months ago PA had managed 300 meters into Indian held territory--that too in a spectacular operation killing roughly 7 Indian army soldiers.

images

well done PAK Army

New reports stating it was an "Area domination patrol" of the IA which was "ambushed".

@notorious_eagle

30-40 men...

No idea Sir

Not in the country right now.

On a personal note, i am not happy with this news. The Indians will react, its only a matter of time. After that, we will react and this cycle will continue. Tragic. RIP to the deceased soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well few days back if i remember 4 Kashmiri from our side of neelum valley were kidnapped.Don't know whether they are killed now or what had happened to them

PA has just shown them if you wanna mess or capture than do with us not with poor kashmiri unarmed civilian.

Though i am proud of my kashmiri brothers from IOK side.even unarmed they had made Indian troops lives miserable within there own country

Although as a proud citizen of my country i am very angry but if i have to be neutral and make an assesment on the tactic only then i would say a job indeed well done.

January firefight and this incident is a job well done militarily.

Note to our Chinese PLA ally, next time you do an incursion across the LAC fire some damn rounds.

Why not, even they can try target practice if required. We have large no of poor soldiers, eliminating few of them won't make any difference

No idea Sir

Not in the country right now.

On a personal note, i am not happy with this news. The Indians will react, its only a matter of time. After that, we will react and this cycle will continue. Tragic. RIP to the deceased soldiers.

Surely they will attempt to retaliate for their own blunders, all PA outposts should be on alert and ready to intercept any infiltrators. The best response to an anticipated retaliation attack is to intercept and destroy the infiltrators or thwart their assault. This of course is a no-brainer but should still be said.

Surely they will attempt to retaliate for their own blunders, all PA outposts should be on alert and ready to intercept any infiltrators. The best anticipation to retaliation attack is to intercept and destroy the infiltrators or thwart their assault. This of course is a no-brainer but should still be said.

Thats the thing, last time they didn't try to infiltrate because they knew that PA units were on alert and they would get hammered. They sniped their targets from stand off ranges, safely from the comfort of their bunkers. I believe that counter sniper units and CBF units should be in place to immediately fire back in case of a provocation.

Back
Top Bottom