What's new

First tarawih prayer in Ayasofya Mosque after 88 years

This needs to be converted to a mosque asap -

Conversion of mosques into gurdwaras[edit]​

This table lists former mosques with identified original buildings that have been converted into Sikh gurdwaras.

Current NameMosque NameCityCountryNotes
Bada GurudwaraJama Masjid of MehamMehamIndiaOne inscription inside the structure dates it to 1531 CE.[40]
Gurdwara Shaheed Bhai Taru SinghShaheed Ganj MosqueLahorePakistanCommissioned during the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and construction completed in 1722. Converted to Gurudwara in 1762.[41]
Gol GurudwaraGol MasjidAmritsarIndiaReference[42]
Khail Bazaar Jama MasjidPanipatIndiaIts three ribbed domes rise high above the dense marketplace and its central arch with its decorative iwan bear testimony to its Mughal influence.[42][43]
Gurudwara SahibPurani MasjidGidranwali, HaryanaIndiaReference[42]

Didn't invade,converted.

You better behave.
many pagans were coerced by the roman empire to convert to Christianity, There were crusades against pagans in Europe by Europeans - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades

many pagans were coerced by the roman empire to convert to Christianity, There were crusades against pagans in Europe by Europeans
Crusades against pagans were mainly in the Baltics and Eastern Europe by the Catholics in the 12th century onwards.
Christianity spread in Western Europe mostly by missionaries and priests and many of them were martyred.

This is a letter which was issued by Mohammed, Ibn Abdullah, the Messenger, the Prophet, the Faithful, who is sent to all the people as a trust on the part of God to all His creatures, that they may have no plea against God hereafter. Verily God is Omnipotent, the Wise. This letter is directed to the embracers of Islam, as a covenant given to the followers of Jesus the Nazarene in the East and West, the far and near, the Arabs and foreigners, the known and the unknown.

This letter contains the oath given unto them, and he who disobeys that which is therein will be considered a disbeliever and a transgressor to that whereunto he is commanded. He will be regarded as one who has corrupted the oath of God, disbelieved His Testament, rejected His Authority, despised His Religion, and made himself deserving of His Curse, whether he is a Sultan or any other believer of Islam. Whenever Christian monks, devotees and pilgrims gather together, whether in a mountain or valley, or den, or frequented place, or plain, or church, or in houses of worship, verily we are [at the] back of them and shall protect them, and their properties and their morals, by Myself, by My Friends and by My Assistants, for they are of My Subjects and under My Protection.

I shall exempt them from that which may disturb them; of the burdens which are paid by others as an oath of allegiance. They must not give anything of their income but that which pleases them—they must not be offended, or disturbed, or coerced or compelled. Their judges should not be changed or prevented from accomplishing their offices, nor the monks disturbed in exercising their religious order, or the people of seclusion be stopped from dwelling in their cells.

No one is allowed to plunder these Christians, or destroy or spoil any of their churches, or houses of worship, or take any of the things contained within these houses and bring it to the houses of Islam. And he who takes away anything therefrom, will be one who has corrupted the oath of God, and, in truth, disobeyed His Messenger.

Jizya should not be put upon their judges, monks, and those whose occupation is the worship of God; nor is any other thing to be taken from them, whether it be a fine, a tax or any unjust right. Verily I shall keep their compact, wherever they may be, in the sea or on the land, in the East or West, in the North or South, for they are under My Protection and the testament of My Safety, against all things which they abhor.

No taxes or tithes should be received from those who devote themselves to the worship of God in the mountains, or from those who cultivate the Holy Lands. No one has the right to interfere with their affairs, or bring any action against them. Verily this is for aught else and not for them; rather, in the seasons of crops, they should be given a Kadah for each Ardab of wheat (about five bushels and a half) as provision for them, and no one has the right to say to them 'this is too much', or ask them to pay any tax.

As to those who possess properties, the wealthy and merchants, the poll-tax to be taken from them must not exceed twelve drachmas a head per year (i.e. about 200 modern day US dollars).

They shall not be imposed upon by anyone to undertake a journey, or to be forced to go to wars or to carry arms; for the Muslims have to fight for them. Do no dispute or argue with them, but deal according to the verse recorded in the Quran, to wit: ‘Do not dispute or argue with the People of the Book but in that which is best’ [29:46]. Thus they will live favored and protected from everything which may offend them by the Callers to religion (Islam), wherever they may be and in any place they may dwell.

Should any Christian woman be married to a Muslim, such marriage must not take place except after her consent, and she must not be prevented from going to her church for prayer. Their churches must be honored and they must not be withheld from building churches or repairing convents.

They must not be forced to carry arms or stones; but the Muslims must protect them and defend them against others. It is positively incumbent upon every one of the follower of Islam not to contradict or disobey this oath until the Day of Resurrection and the end of the world.[3]

I don't see why there is soo much religious conflicts between Jews/Christians/Muslims regarding places of worship when they all worship the same God altogether just in a different way. Why they can't all pray together side by side when all three are praying to the same deity?

This is a letter which was issued by Mohammed, Ibn Abdullah, the Messenger, the Prophet, the Faithful, who is sent to all the people as a trust on the part of God to all His creatures, that they may have no plea against God hereafter. Verily God is Omnipotent, the Wise. This letter is directed to the embracers of Islam, as a covenant given to the followers of Jesus the Nazarene in the East and West, the far and near, the Arabs and foreigners, the known and the unknown.

This letter contains the oath given unto them, and he who disobeys that which is therein will be considered a disbeliever and a transgressor to that whereunto he is commanded. He will be regarded as one who has corrupted the oath of God, disbelieved His Testament, rejected His Authority, despised His Religion, and made himself deserving of His Curse, whether he is a Sultan or any other believer of Islam. Whenever Christian monks, devotees and pilgrims gather together, whether in a mountain or valley, or den, or frequented place, or plain, or church, or in houses of worship, verily we are [at the] back of them and shall protect them, and their properties and their morals, by Myself, by My Friends and by My Assistants, for they are of My Subjects and under My Protection.

I shall exempt them from that which may disturb them; of the burdens which are paid by others as an oath of allegiance. They must not give anything of their income but that which pleases them—they must not be offended, or disturbed, or coerced or compelled. Their judges should not be changed or prevented from accomplishing their offices, nor the monks disturbed in exercising their religious order, or the people of seclusion be stopped from dwelling in their cells.

No one is allowed to plunder these Christians, or destroy or spoil any of their churches, or houses of worship, or take any of the things contained within these houses and bring it to the houses of Islam. And he who takes away anything therefrom, will be one who has corrupted the oath of God, and, in truth, disobeyed His Messenger.

Jizya should not be put upon their judges, monks, and those whose occupation is the worship of God; nor is any other thing to be taken from them, whether it be a fine, a tax or any unjust right. Verily I shall keep their compact, wherever they may be, in the sea or on the land, in the East or West, in the North or South, for they are under My Protection and the testament of My Safety, against all things which they abhor.

No taxes or tithes should be received from those who devote themselves to the worship of God in the mountains, or from those who cultivate the Holy Lands. No one has the right to interfere with their affairs, or bring any action against them. Verily this is for aught else and not for them; rather, in the seasons of crops, they should be given a Kadah for each Ardab of wheat (about five bushels and a half) as provision for them, and no one has the right to say to them 'this is too much', or ask them to pay any tax.

As to those who possess properties, the wealthy and merchants, the poll-tax to be taken from them must not exceed twelve drachmas a head per year (i.e. about 200 modern day US dollars).

They shall not be imposed upon by anyone to undertake a journey, or to be forced to go to wars or to carry arms; for the Muslims have to fight for them. Do no dispute or argue with them, but deal according to the verse recorded in the Quran, to wit: ‘Do not dispute or argue with the People of the Book but in that which is best’ [29:46]. Thus they will live favored and protected from everything which may offend them by the Callers to religion (Islam), wherever they may be and in any place they may dwell.

Should any Christian woman be married to a Muslim, such marriage must not take place except after her consent, and she must not be prevented from going to her church for prayer. Their churches must be honored and they must not be withheld from building churches or repairing convents.

They must not be forced to carry arms or stones; but the Muslims must protect them and defend them against others. It is positively incumbent upon every one of the follower of Islam not to contradict or disobey this oath until the Day of Resurrection and the end of the world.[3]
If i'm not mistaken this letter is kept in the monastery of Saint Catherine in Mount Sinai,in Egypt. And it also has the handprint of MD as a signature.

I don't see why there is soo much religious conflicts between Jews/Christians/Muslims regarding places of worship when they all worship the same God altogether just in a different way. Why they can't all pray together side by side when all three are praying to the same deity?
It's not the same God,there are big differences in dogma and doctrine.

Christianity spread in Western Europe mostly by missionaries and priests and many of them were martyred.
Where do you read this revisionist history?

This is as authentic as Yazdegard marrying his daughter to Husseyn ibn Ali.

Where do you read this revisionist history?

This is as authentic as Yazdegard marrying his daughter to Husseyn ibn Ali.
Yala khalas. Stop coming on this forum to troll all the time. It's annoying.

And what's your source? No chronicle mentions this.
Home More Analysis Hagia Sophia was purchased by Sultan Mehmed Fatih: A historical fact

Hagia Sophia was purchased by Sultan Mehmed Fatih: A historical fact​

By
editor@siyasat.net
-
21st July 2020

Babri Masjid and Hagia Sofia are totally different cases

By Zainab Ashraf siyasat.net

Recently the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has reverted back the museum to a mosque which brings a lot of criticism from across the world. So, the question arises that why Erdoğan did this and why the world is criticizing him for his action? To answer this, let’s just briefly go through the complicated history of Hagia Sophia. So, it is a historical monument of 1,500 years old, built by the Greek emperor, Justinian I in the sixth century at Constantinople (now Istanbul, Tukey) and its construction was completed in just six years (532-537 C.E.)

It was a cathedral of the Greek orthodox and it remained as a cathedral for 667 years. In 1204, during the fourth crusaders, they converted this Greek orthodox cathedral into a Roman Catholic Church until 1261. Hence, it remained as a Roman Catholic Church for 57 years. Again, later on when Christian Byzantines came to power, it was reverted back into Greek orthodox cathedral until the Ottoman rulers, Sultan Mehmed Fatih, conquered Constantinople in 1453. it was converted into
mosque. Usually, it was a custom of that time that whosoever conquer a land, had the authority to change the religious monuments into the religion of their own.

But still Sultan Mehmed II didn’t do that rather he purchased it. There are several documents available which states that Hagia Sophia was actually purchased by him. Since then it remained as a mosque until 1931. After the decline of the Ottoman Empire, General Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, took over Turkey and declares it as a secular state. He passed a verdict in 1934 that the mosque should be converted into a museum to make it as a symbol of secularism.

Hence, from 1935 till 11th July 2020, it remained as a museum for 85 years. The decision of Erdoğan to revert back to mosque attracts a lot of criticism, a section of the critics say that he has fabricated the symbol of secularism. Also, Hagia Sophia is counted in the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO hence, the decision led the transfer of it from the department of tourism to the department of religious authority of Turkey. Others say that Turkey is suffering from economic depression and so to divert the attention of the masses, the President took this decision.

But the critics are forgetting that Turkey is a Muslim majority country where 98% of the population follow Islam.

And so, for all these 85 years, the majority of the population was against the decision of Atatürk of converting the mosque into a museum and they have been filing several cases against this decision. The people of Turkey say that Mehmed II had purchased the monument so how come Atatürk change it into a museum? And they are right.

When someone purchases a property, it belongs to her/him and in this case also when it is clear that the monument was purchased by Mehmed II, then after the end of Ottoman Empire, it should have been gone under the supervision of religious authority of Turkey rather than converting it into a museum. Hence, on the basis of the documents which were used as an evidence that Mehmed II had purchased the monument, the highest authority of Turkey, the administrative court, passed a verdict that it was illegal for Atatürk to convert the mosque into a museum. This proves that the decision was taken legally and justly.

Now many of the people of India are comparing it with the Babri-Masjid case but if one analyze it deeply then one will realize that they are totally different cases. Babri masjid was demolished in December 1992 by the members of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), an extreme right group who believes in making Hindutav society. While Haghia Sophia was not destroyed, even its mosaic paintings were either plastered or were covered by metal during the reign of Ottoman Empire but they were not destroyed when it was a mosque. Secondly, on the other hand, in India, the Supreme Court itself accept that there is no proof that the Ram was born on that particular place.

In addition to this, the archeological excavation authorities of India also accept that they have not found any old temple remains beneath the site of Babri Masjid. Still, the verdict was passed to construct the Ram Temple on that particular place to not to hurt the sentiments of the Hindu majority nation. This is actually illegal.

Indeed, Hagia Sophia was built by Christians and it remained under them for 900 years in total but when it is purchased by the Muslim ruler then it rightfully belongs to the Muslim religious authority of Turkey even after the fall of Ottoman Empire.
(Author is studying a Masters in Development Communication at Jamia Millia Islamia)

Sultan Mehmet ‘Bought’ Haiga Sophia before converting into (Mosque) Masjid – Purchase documents submitted to Turkish Supreme Court​

By The London Post
13th July 2020

By Dr Shahid Qureshi:-
When Sultan Mehmet conquered Constantinople at the age of 21 and ended Byzantine Empire in the 1453, he purchased the property of Hagia Sophia from his personal wealth before converting it into a Masjid (Mosque). The details of the transaction are still stored in the Turkish Museum, as can be seen in the photo below.This is the main reason why the court ordered Aya Sofya to be re converted into a Masjid.
Haiga Sophia purchase documents
Haiga Sophia purchase documents
Therefore, the credit the really goes to the forward thinking Sultan Mehmet, the conqueror of Constantinople for purchasing the church and then creating a waqf (endowment). Had it not been for his wisdom, Kemal Ataturk’s decision would not have been able to be legally overturned.
Well All Muslims should make a prayer for the Sultan Mehmet when they pray at Aya Sophiya.

And what's your source? No chronicle mentions this.
Now shoo you have wasted everyone's time with your nonsense.

There are several documents available which states that Hagia Sophia was actually purchased by him. Since then it remained as a mosque until 1931.
What documents? Where? 😂 Urban legends by AKP fangirls like miss Zaynab? There's not a single document from the era about any purchase and no mention of it by any chroniclers and sources of the time period or later.

By the way,by pressing the laugh emoticon on all my posts,you don't actually discredit them. You just show people what kind of a jerk with an inferiority complex you are.

What documents? Where? 😂 Urban legends by AKP fangirls like miss Zaynab? There's not a single document from the era about any purchase and no mention of it by any chroniclers and sources of the time period or later.

By the way,by pressing the laugh emoticon on all my posts,you don't actually discredit them. You just show people what kind of a jerk with an inferiority complex you are.
Same when you put laughing emoticon on my posts you hypocrite.

I provided sources you hypocrite. Just because you cannot acknowledge the facts does not mean they are not true.

Same when you put laughing emoticon on my posts you hypocrite.
I only did that a few times after you kept pressing it on all my posts like a little child. Mental capacity of a spoiled brat will get you nowhere.

I provided sources you hypocrite. Just because you cannot acknowledge the facts does not mean they are not true.
The irony is that you're the hypocrite, because it's you who doesn't acknowledge any source and even a fact checking site. You're just a troll who's got nothing to do but spam insults and reject everything others say. I'll bet you even reject your own Prophet's commands and letter. Haram.

I only did that a few times after you kept pressing it on all my posts like a little child. Mental capacity of a spoiled brat will get you nowhere.

The irony is that you're the hypocrite, because it's you who doesn't acknowledge any source and even a fact checking site. You're just a troll who's got nothing to do but spam insults and reject everything others say. I'll bet you even reject your own Prophet's commands and letter. Haram.
Actually you are the hypocrite.

You stay quiet when Mosques are converted into churches in Greece and in Spain, but you cry foul when a church in Turkey is converted into a Mosque.

I have provided the sources of the Ottoman sultan purchasing the church. You are the troll here and other members would agree to that.
:woot:

Back
Top Bottom