What's new

First Sikh Army Officer

Well that would be to much to ask and i dont think our constitution allows that.

That's a crazy response. Why would it be too much to ask that an officer of your Army become a general one day??? We have Pakistani-Americans commanding our warships (or at least a couple that I know of) and serving in our military. We have Indian doctors all over the country and Chinese scientists (just to name a few fields with minorities in them on the same level as others or locals if you will).
Also, you said "our" constitution.....you mean the Sikh officer doesn't believe follow your constitution? He is a citizen of Pakistan.....and a proud officer of your respected army. Your constitutions is "his" constitution also. And constitutions should treat its citizens equally. So yes, I hope that this young man has the talent to be a general of his country's military one day or at least rise up to the top. Wasn't one of your chief justice Hindu???? Why are you answering in such a strange way and making your country look bad to the readers when you already have diversity....?

we have enough brave and exemplary people of our own l!

ANOTHER weird response. Well I hate to break it to you, your posts clearly tell me you don't think of him as a part of your society..... so now you are saying your own people as in he's not one of them?? Again, he is a citizen of your country and a proud officer in your Army. You can't judge his patriotism or be prejudice towards his religion, culture, etc, etc. He is a part of you and your country....

That's a crazy response. Why would it be too much to ask that an officer of your Army become a general one day??? We have Pakistani-Americans commanding our warships (or at least a couple that I know of) and serving in our military. We have Indian doctors all over the country and Chinese scientists (just to name a few fields with minorities in them on the same level as others or locals if you will).
Also, you said "our" constitution.....you mean the Sikh officer doesn't believe follow your constitution? He is a citizen of Pakistan.....and a proud officer of your respected army. Your constitutions is "his" constitution also. And constitutions should treat its citizens equally. So yes, I hope that this young man has the talent to be a general of his country's military one day or at least rise up to the top. Wasn't one of your chief justice Hindu???? Why are you answering in such a strange way and making your country look bad to the readers when you already have diversity....?

ANOTHER weird response. Well I hate to break it to you, your posts clearly tell me you don't think of him as a part of your society..... so now you are saying your own people as in he's not one of them?? Again, he is a citizen of your country and a proud officer in your Army. You can't judge his patriotism or be prejudice towards his religion, culture, etc, etc. He is a part of you and your country....

There is no complusion stopping a non muslim from becoming the COAS of the army or any other military arm... and even right now we do have serving non muslim generals n air marshalls...

Bo4rmV8CEAEt5l9.jpg

The first Sikh officer in Pak Army (infantry), Capt Harcharan Singh, is now an ADC to a Corps Commander

Excellent News.....:pakistan:

I think he should be Major by now.

Bo4rmV8CEAEt5l9.jpg

The first Sikh officer in Pak Army (infantry), Capt Harcharan Singh, is now an ADC to a Corps Commander

Excellent News.....:pakistan:

Congratulations brother.

Hope you don't indulge in financial corruption as your bosses do.

Hope you prove to be better than the so-called 'chosen' commission jernails!

When I have kids I am gonna tell them the story of "Ali Baba aur 400 Jernails"

There is no complusion stopping a non muslim from becoming the COAS of the army or any other military arm... and even right now we do have serving non muslim generals n air marshalls...

That's what I know and thought. I know Pak military is very diverse. One of the few air forces where women serve as a combat pilot and has Christians, Hindus and Sickhs since the late 40's. I was question someone else who was making it sound like the constitution blocks progress for non-muslim. You'll have people who don't know what they are saying or when to say what...

The guy is a troll, apparent from the Sudan thread.

Really, I am a troll because I was talking about equal constitutional rights for all to an idiot who was calling a Sikh Pakistani Army Officer stuff like, "asking for him to be a general is too much and our constitution doesn't allow it"???
What kind of nonsense is that? And what makes you think I was trolling. Crap like the above makes your country look bad in front of the readers....

is he the only Sikh in Pakistan army?...chalo dair aye durust aye.. I don't like pak army unform he is wearing.

article-2455516-18AEDD1000000578-958_472x384.jpg

indian army uniform for Sikhs is so much better

Of course a General's uniform will have more bling than a Captain's! As Capt. Harcharan progresses through the ranks, he'll also rake up medals, collar docks, red turban tapes and an appropriate cap badge.

With no offense to out martyrs.. if he gets killed in the war on terror, will he be also a "shaheed"?

In case you didn't notice.. I was being sarcastic for the religious nutjobs who think we are "Islam ka Qila".. shaheedi army etc

I say Sub Sa Pehlay Pakistan!!

That's what I know and thought. I know Pak military is very diverse. One of the few air forces where women serve as a combat pilot and has Christians, Hindus and Sickhs since the late 40's. I was question someone else who was making it sound like the constitution blocks progress for non-muslim. You'll have people who don't know what they are saying or when to say what...

Really, I am a troll because I was talking about equal constitutional rights for all to an idiot who was calling a Sikh Pakistani Army Officer stuff like, "asking for him to be a general is too much and our constitution doesn't allow it"???
What kind of nonsense is that? And what makes you think I was trolling. Crap like the above makes your country look bad in front of the readers....

Not you dude, the Umair fella, was just saying he was trying to justify what was happening to that poor woman in Sudan, he was a trolling.

Any valid articles or proof for the highlighted? First you said a many hundred Sikhs then in your last post you say

Pulling these hear-says again?

Thousands serve, many hundreds join each year, since the takfir insurgency is a threat to all Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom