What's new

First photos of Iranian RQ-170

haha... or maybe a potato even :D

ya think? its made up of fucking plastic.
I wouldn't say that just by looking at the pictures...
I'm actually thinking that iranians aren't completely idiots and they've probably replicated %80 maybe %90 of the hardware, knowing that they dedicated serious time and resources to replicating RQ-170 for years... I believe that thing can fly.

But the RCS of the plane and internal components are a mistery... it may not have SATCOM communications or maybe it doesn't have any sensors at all I'm not even going into software... so it's early to talk. I'd shut my mouth and wait until seeing it preforming.

@Serpentine
Any input bro?

I wouldn't say that just by looking at the pictures...
I'm actually thinking that iranians aren't completely idiots and they've probably replicated %80 maybe %90 of the hardware, knowing that they dedicated serious time and resources to replicating RQ-170 for years... I believe that thing can fly.

But the RCS of the plane and internal components are a mistery... it may not have SATCOM communications or any sensors at all I'm not even going into software... so it's early to talk

@Serpentine
Any input bro?

Iranians are not idiots, no doubt about it :D
But Mullahs running the country are!

Iranians are not idiots, no doubt about it :D
But Mullahs running the country are!
I'm thinking that those mullahs weren't completely idiots and were smart enough to assign the best engineers in the country to this project.

Technical expertise is hardly a measure of civilisation. Iran doesn't belong to the 21st century. But that thing can still fly.

I'm thinking that those mullahs weren't completely idiots and were smart enough to assign the best engineers in the country to this project.

First of all, some of our best engineers have already left the country, but millions of smart Iranians are still in the country, so I'll give you that. Tens of thousands of Iranians are working for some of the most successful companies around the world and these people could contribute to the country when the time arrives, I'm not saying we don't have the intellectual capacity, that would be an insult to myself. But things are more complicated, you first need to be able to import components and necessary materials in order to really do something, sanctions are in the way of that. If it weren't because of sanctions and if more rational people were in charge things would have been a lot more different.

Not to mention that we need satellite navigation if we are to make use of any MALE drone!

Not to mention that we need satellite navigation if we are to make use of any MALE drone!
Well, inertial navigation is still an option, you can use DATALINK instead of SATCOM but there are minuses...

We saw that drone being filmed in Syria, and we saw how low it flew.and it was a confirmation on how iranian government was full of bullshit :)

Technical expertise is hardly a measure of civilisation. Iran doesn't belong to the 21st century. But that thing can still fly.

Actually it does, and that's why I hinted at success of Iranians abroad. Unless I know that rational people are in charge there is no way in hell that I return back to Iran, let alone to cooperate with this regime.

Well, inertial navigation is still an option, you can use DATALINK instead of SATCOM but there are minuses...

Inertial is too inaccurate, DATALINK still needs satellite and telemetry stations. Iran doesn't have the satellite for the job.

Actually it does, and that's why I hinted at success of Iranians abroad. Unless I know that rational people are in charge there is no way in hell that I return back to Iran, let alone to cooperate with this regime.
Turkey is going through a rough patch aswell, AKP is no different than mullahs, they've been running the country for 13 years there's a great deal of anger build up and public unrest is rising, people are getting killed, murder rates are rising. This built up anger is going to have an explosion, seriously gezi protests are going to look small, things will get bloody. Only we're a NATO country and hopefully the army will intervene and we're going to have a coup d'etat instead of a civil war. I'm just hoping to see the person who's responsible for all of this to die.
Inertial is too inaccurate, DATALINK still needs satellite and telemetry stations. Iran doesn't have the satellite for the job.
Well I never said it'd be reliable... I said it'd be MALE :)

I can only laugh at last comments !

for example : they call us stupid because S-129 filmed only one time in low altitude !

but they don't say , why this happened only one time ... & what was the mission !

about the satcom ...

stay calm & don't say something which is going to prove to be wrong in next few years !

alalam_635366939941793560_25f_4x3_mp4_20140515_223025_343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom