What's new

First glimpse into jf-17 block 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oscar @messiach when it comes to Block-III, which do you think is a better approach to the single seater?

One option is to work with the existing JF-17 Block-I/II single seat airframe, but with the improvements from the JF-17B. The other option is to emulate the MiG-29M/M2 by using the twin-seat airframe, but omitting the rear seat by extending the spine into it. I suspect that repurposing the JF-17B airframe into a single seater would be quicker and more affordable than trying to rework the single seat airframe. Moreover, by using the JF-17B as the basis, you could also leverage the new (and seemingly more visibility-friendly) canopy design.

See the image below:

View attachment 553203
Something like this ?
jf-17b.jpg

B version looks so much more aggressive, can’t version A also be made like it?

I hope Pak does not adopt the JF17B as a frontline fighter and keeps it as a trainer or recon jet at max. If you add weight to a jet but keep the same power plant then that means it has inferior thrust to weight ratio and hence has inferior performance in flight. It's simple physics people.
what are you talking about! I have heard from some of our senior that power and performance is no longer that important in modern warfare. Hence we are think of putting superior avionics and radar on cessna to test out. (just to make sure it is clear it is sarcasm...)

please can anyone tell me the description of JF17 block 3.
thanks

I suspect that repurposing the JF-17B airframe into a single seater would be quicker and more affordable than trying to rework the single seat airframe.
That's the plan thus far. It doesn't make sense to create a design just for a short batch.
jF-17B is the basis of blk-3 single seat.

@Dazzler bro please remember the JF-17 block 3 will have IRST lense front of cockpit. You will not find block 3 without it.

I have serious reservations about it. There is no room to fit an IRST in it, not even under the nose. The AESA will take up most of the space.

The canopy could be the same, it's the inside, it'd have an extension -- like this:

View attachment 553205

There is a problem - bubble canopy, like the one fitted in B, causes drag. Its acceptable on a twin engine Mig, but not a practical option on a single engine thunder.

How difficult would it be to process a Gold-Coated Canopy?

tumblr_inline_pllllmvGq81tiokib_640.jpg

tumblr_inline_pllkzmj5EO1tiokib_1280.jpg

There is no Block 03 yet !!! I really don't understand why You are spreading misinformation.

It is well known that this video is older - I saved this image in April 2018 - at a time the Block 03 was not finalised and construction hasn't started.

Please ... I know some here are most eager for any Block 03 news, but don't spread misinformation.
I am eager and keen too
but I understand that the development with any substantial improvement over the prior blocks will take a lot of time than we are willing to give on this forum.
we are all enthusiasts with varying degree of aviation knowledge with me on one extreme end of the bar (with next to no technical understanding ) and then on the other end we got people like you

How difficult would it be to process a Gold-Coated Canopy?

tumblr_inline_pllllmvGq81tiokib_640.jpg

tumblr_inline_pllkzmj5EO1tiokib_1280.jpg
why ? for asthetics or serve a purpose?
that is relevant to the role of the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom