What's new

First glimpse into jf-17 block 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder how much is real and how much is PS

looks aside its the inside what matters. in the shape of sensors, avionics the radar I believe if the engine is still the same then there will be trade off for reduced performance due to increased weight of claimed AESA and longer range PL15 missile etc

Engine of blk-3 is more powerful version. Thrust > 9000kgf.

You know, RD-93 is same as RD33?

So whatever the RD-33 specs. in market, applies to jF-17, considering improvements in RD-33 have inputs from China.

upload_2019-4-13_15-19-3.png

To admit I don't know and I fully agree with you. It is long well known and documented that - IMO 01 & 02 prototypes - performed their maiden flight with pitot booms, which were later removed. Otherwise they are not different.

There is no Block 03 yet !!! I really don't understand why You are spreading misinformation.

It is well known that this video is older - I saved this image in April 2018 - at a time the Block 03 was not finalised and construction hasn't started.

Please ... I know some here are most eager for any Block 03 news, but don't spread misinformation.

Nobody is dragging you here. There is a difference between spreading disinformation and connecting the dots. The sole reason for tagging you because of the pic that i found among your tweets.

Lastly, you really need to check your condescending tone. This is an open forum, if you dont feel like commenting, just avoid doing it.

Here is another when it was being shipped. The engine nozzle suggest it features WS13 not the rd93.

View attachment 553079

Compare it with the ws13 equipped prototype seen few years ago.

View attachment 553081

B model in karma. Check the lengthened cockpit.

View attachment 553083

What in the picture suggests that that's a WS13?

No its not,

Pay attention, the spines of both are different.. Also, notice the canopy cover behind the B model ;)

View attachment 553114

The spines are not different. The one in the background just has its panels removed.

The canopy behind the B belongs to a JF17 A. It could be there for any number of reasons, especially since there are already A models in the same hanger.

Yep, noses, canopies, and even spines are different.

Noses are an optical illusion, the canopy isn't present on the left aircraft and neither are the panels on the spine and a few other places as well. In fact, it doesn't have seats or landing gear either. They are the same aircraft.

@balixd the painted jet nose cone is different. It has a pointed extended antenna in front of the cone I think. @Dazzler check the pointy end of the cone.

it is visible in the video

Those are called pitot tubes. They are removed after flight testing.

Same aircraft with and without the tube,

DfS7enkV4AAX2kt.jpg

25353899_1359239377537090_8528872955699684253_n.jpg

Nobody is dragging you here. There is a difference between spreading disinformation and connecting the dots. The sole reason for tagging you because of the pic that i found among your tweets.

Lastly, you really need to check your condescending tone. This is an open forum, if you dont feel like commenting, just avoid doing it.

Why are you being defensive? The man raised legitimate questions and concerns.

Last edited:
Even if block-3 is under construction PAC will make sure to keep it under 100 wraps before everything is finalized .

I hope Pak does not adopt the JF17B as a frontline fighter and keeps it as a trainer or recon jet at max. If you add weight to a jet but keep the same power plant then that means it has inferior thrust to weight ratio and hence has inferior performance in flight. It's simple physics people.
We want it as a strike A/C.

What in the picture suggests that that's a WS13?

The spines are not different. The one in the background just has its panels removed.

The canopy behind the B belongs to a JF17 A. It could be there for any number of reasons, especially since there are already A models in the same hanger.

Noses are an optical illusion, the canopy isn't present on the left aircraft and neither are the panels on the spine and a few other places as well. In fact, it doesn't have seats or landing gear either. They are the same aircraft.

Those are called pitot tubes. They are removed after flight testing.

Same aircraft with and without the tube,

Why are you being defensive? The man raised legitimate questions and concerns.

Shall we start comparing prototypes with pitot tubes? Lets see..

B with a pitot tube during testing

JF-17B-08-692x360.jpg

B and 04 with pitot tubes

C-mle8RXsAEBhAT.jpg

Now this.. notice the slight bulge under the nose and compare it with prototypes above. This one is clearly different as it is thinner.
jf17b3-png.553119

Shall we start comparing prototypes with pitot tubes? Lets see..

B with a pitot tube during testing

JF-17B-08-692x360.jpg

B and 04 with pitot tubes

C-mle8RXsAEBhAT.jpg

Now this.. notice the slight bulge under the nose and compare it with prototypes above. This one is clearly different as it is thinner.
jf17b3-png.553119
It could be a little perception illusion as well. The one in the back has the pitot boom and the grey color against a distant backdrop. So you might be percieving a different view versus the aircraft in front.

It could be a little perception illusion as well. The one in the back has the pitot boom and the grey color against a distant backdrop. So you might be percieving a different view versus the aircraft in front.

I'm open to possibilities:)

Comparing canopies
The one I suspect belonging to blk3
Screenshot_2019-04-13-21-18-53.png

Compare that with blk1/2 canopy
Screenshot_2019-04-13-21-22-18.png

@Oscar @messiach when it comes to Block-III, which do you think is a better approach to the single seater?

One option is to work with the existing JF-17 Block-I/II single seat airframe, but with the improvements from the JF-17B. The other option is to emulate the MiG-29M/M2 by using the twin-seat airframe, but omitting the rear seat by extending the spine into it. I suspect that repurposing the JF-17B airframe into a single seater would be quicker and more affordable than trying to rework the single seat airframe. Moreover, by using the JF-17B as the basis, you could also leverage the new (and seemingly more visibility-friendly) canopy design.

See the image below:

upload_2019-4-13_13-34-31.png

This is not block 3 it is missing some key things which are included in block 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom