What's new

First glimpse into jf-17 block 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
snippets from the vid
jf17b.png
jf17b2.png
jf17b3.png

its look thinner then current it means it will be longer ?

but why painted gray it should be yellow or greenish ?

MAKING PLANE LONGER IS NOT EASY. It will require much more testing to expand its flight envelope or you can operate jet with limited flight envelope.

the one on right side - only canopy is visible, is that JF-17b? it doesn't look sleek as the other two in frame

You are right This has to be chengdu, china right side corner most is Mynamar AF JF17B right is fornt is 2nd prototype. thats the one behind is cause of concern may be PAF returned it 17-601 and now it re-engineered to Block 3 as cost saving is required?

@balixd the painted jet nose cone is different. It has a pointed extended antenna in front of the cone I think. @Dazzler check the pointy end of the cone.

it is visible in the video

These are JF-17Bs (Twin seaters). Just canopy and some panels not added yet. Might be a bit modded for PAF but definitely not Blk-3

What is news in this thread and why even are we talking about block III when nothing shows any relation to block III?

Myanmar 2 seaters were spotted early last year

Most of is already know JF17B will be foundation of Block III

No news thread

There are two different B models. One with Pitot Tubes, other without (pointed out by a member in an earlier discussion). Why are senior members spreading misinformation?
Old pictures being circulated around with false claims. Once rolled out at Chengdu, it'll undergo flight tests before shipped to Pakistan.
@Deino

To admit I don't know and I fully agree with you. It is long well known and documented that - IMO 01 & 02 prototypes - performed their maiden flight with pitot booms, which were later removed. Otherwise they are not different.

A on left, B in the middle, blk3 at the right..View attachment 553120

There is no Block 03 yet !!! I really don't understand why You are spreading misinformation.

It is well known that this video is older - I saved this image in April 2018 - at a time the Block 03 was not finalised and construction hasn't started.

Please ... I know some here are most eager for any Block 03 news, but don't spread misinformation.

I hope Pak does not adopt the JF17B as a frontline fighter and keeps it as a trainer or recon jet at max. If you add weight to a jet but keep the same power plant then that means it has inferior thrust to weight ratio and hence has inferior performance in flight. It's simple physics people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom