What's new

FIRST EVER VIDEO/PHOTOS : K-15 SLBM Test Fired !!!!

They have given 2014 as induction year,which is round the corner,may be thats why all missile programs have speeded up.
But the reactor has yet to go critical and tested under various conditions.
The Russians could have sold a reactor design to india,and india could have gained experience by sticking to that design and building it inhouse.
But they insisted on own design and kept russians as 'consultants' all the way.
So its an indian design built inhouse with Russian consultancy..
Things were set to go wrong.

Russia didn't sell us any mini reactor as you would like to believe... there is no denying fact that russian consultancy was taken heavily though. Whatever reactor arihant is having was developed inhouse. Thats why BARC could undertake the construction of second reactor before the first one went fully critical. As for the delay, scientists are just skeptical since this is their first attempt. So they are going through each n every test repeatedly. As per some latest news, Arihant is indeed going for sea trials in a month..

Also I have gone through many youtube videos of wannabe pakistani strategists discussing about Indian missile tech on PK National TVs and I am sorry to say most of them are not better than any chest thumpers here..
Most of them almost unanimously believe without an iota of reasoning that Indian missile is marching ahead only after the cooperation with Israel. :tdown:

No body cares to find out the dissimilarity in Israeli n Indian BMs. No one there talks about a maturity level requirement time for missiles which DRDO took before it accelerated the development of the missiles. No one cares about the piggy back advantage which DRDO had due to the perfection of PSLV/ASLV tech by ISRO. No one talks about how the ISRO chief (Kalam) taking full control of DRDO missile LABs spearheaded the development of the A3/A4s.

And most of all, almost everyone seems to get an indigestion when it comes to assimilate the fact that the K series of missiles is actually dedicated to Kalam a muslim. ( it's offtopic though )

They have given 2014 as induction year,which is round the corner,may be thats why all missile programs have speeded up.
But the reactor has yet to go critical and tested under various conditions.
The Russians could have sold a reactor design to india,and india could have gained experience by sticking to that design and building it inhouse.
But they insisted on own design and kept russians as 'consultants' all the way.
So its an indian design built inhouse with Russian consultancy..
Things were set to go wrong.

The land based prototype of Arihant reactor has been working successfully for almost 8 years now.

So the technology is not a problem .They are moving it slow and steady.

It is only time that the Arihant reactor will attain the maturity.

Here is the Range v/s Payload Diagram for K15.

340px-Range_Vs_Payload_for_Shaurya_Missile.jpeg

This range-versus-payload thing works (only a bit though) for the missiles which follow a pure ballistic trajectory. Not for shaurya/k-15.
Furthermore every missile system is designed to deliver a specific payload to a specific maximum range. What is the use of delivering a tiny payload to a range where it won't make much of a difference?

Moreover, the end-users (SFC) want standard versions, not interchangeable warheads. So you give them either a set of variants of missiles with complete systems with varying capabilities (not feasible), or you develop just two systems (for example the K-15 and K-4) for a specific role (SLBM), fulfilling the range requirements.

This range-versus-payload thing works (only a bit though) for the missiles which follow a pure ballistic trajectory. Not for shaurya/k-15.
Furthermore every missile system is designed to deliver a specific payload to a specific maximum range. What is the use of delivering a tiny payload to a range where it won't make much of a difference?

Moreover, the end-users (SFC) want standard versions, not interchangeable warheads. So you give them either a set of variants of missiles with complete systems with varying capabilities (not feasible), or you develop just two systems (for example the K-15 and K-4) for a specific role (SLBM), fulfilling the range requirements.

Well I don't know much about the technicalities.

I think this diagram is meant just to show what would have been the range of the missile if a warhead with a specific weight was used and not that it will be/can use different warhead.

Having said that the image shows three warhead design , but have they tested or will they test these configuration is anybodies guess.

If you compare shaurya and sagarika , the warhead section do look different.

The interesting part is that the missile uses a waterproof protecting cap ejected after launch (seen in the pic below), exposing the aerodynamic shaped cone as the first stage solid rocket ignites for the high-speed ascent.

K-15_zps71181017.jpg

Well I don't know much about the technicalities.

I think this diagram is meant just to show what would have been the range of the missile if a warhead with a specific weight was used and not that it will be/can use different warhead.

Having said that the image shows three warhead design , but have they tested or will they test these configuration is anybodies guess.

If you compare shaurya and sagarika , the warhead section do look different.

What I meant, was that this diagram represents theoretical designs (for pure BMs), which are not practically feasible.

I don't agree with too much open. After all we have most wrapped up Intelligence agency. These launches and information told erstwhile works for us to keep the trust of West.

Had this test been done by some other country, read between the lines, the West would have created too much fuss. This openness is required for keeping the confidence of West in peaceful rise of Defense potential.

Bullet is nearly ready if not fully ready. The gun is far from ready.
INS Arihant has yet to ivercome various technical issues..specially the reactor...

So if i were you,i wont throw a party yet.

Indians pontoon ko hi dhakka mar mar ke Karachi coast tak pahucha denge... bullet will be fine after that.

Remember, it's not the size of the gun, but the punch in the bullet that matters :D

Sir, radars and satellites can only detect and monitor so much, they can't exactly see what's happening inside a warehouse, garage or a shed.....and while DRDO may be breeding Rabbits believe me other countries are not exactly growing Gajjar Moli in their laboratories. !!

he he he he good morning jammer bhayie well whats going on in your sheds in not a big mystry to us cause when your most sensitive bases can be targeted and the culprits go scott free dont be too idealistik about the labs well thanks to your Friends & masters and some other resources we perfectli know whats going on there well good luck for the future mate :cheers:

Haha no, you got me all wrong :P

Of course when there is an official statement of 11 tests, they must have occurred. But we all know, that watching the actual happening of a thing is much more exciting. Thats what I meant :)

My reply was on a lighter sarcastic tone.

Offcourse we are all happy to see the photos and video. Enjoy your :pop:

We could have easily made it look like that the missile was launched from an actual sub not a pontoon. Sometimes I reckon we are too open about our defense programs.

No there is a reason for that "open-ness". We come through internationally as a "free and open society". Nobody feels threatened by that. Unlike some countries where "opaque-ness" is the norm, both internally and externally. Some countries are like that and hence viewed with suspicion.

Of course that "open-ness" has some red-lines. ;)

Its all part of a very carefully created policy. And which works in tandem with diplomacy, actually is a part of it. And has had a reasonably good pay-back for sure! :)

Can some one post Arihant tubes pics?? I remember a pic where it was mentioned that one Arihant tube can accomodate 3 K15 or 1 K4....

Back
Top Bottom