What's new

FIRST EVER VIDEO/PHOTOS : K-15 SLBM Test Fired !!!!

The interesting part is that the missile uses a waterproof protecting cap ejected after launch (seen in the pic below), exposing the aerodynamic shaped cone as the first stage solid rocket ignites for the high-speed ascent.

K-15_zps71181017.jpg

If it is for water protection, which I doubt, then I am sure brahmos will also be launched from SSBN because even Brahmos has this cap and land version Shaurya too. It has some other preventive measure for sure.

If you look hard enough; you'll see one circular opening:for one K15.
See the light colored circular cylindrical bulkhead and remove the frame-work: for one K4
Correlate the relative diameters then.
The ladder rungs are for access, to be removed later.

So that picture actually shows a third of the Arihant tube .

If you look hard enough; you'll see one circular opening:for one K15.
See the light colored circular cylindrical bulkhead and remove the frame-work: for one K4
Correlate the relative diameters then.
The ladder rungs are for access, to be removed later.

that is right for one single K-15, that can be believed. But why are we comparing the K-15 tubes with K4 tubes, both will have different gas compression ratio. Plus the exact number of missiles in a submarine cannot be determined by just counting the numbers of launch tube.

that is right for one single K-15, that can be believed. But why are we comparing the K-15 tubes with K4 tubes, both will have different gas compression ratio. Plus the exact number of missiles in a submarine cannot be determined by just counting the numbers of launch tube.

That is just the cylindrical cavity in the sub in which the launch canister will sit. The missiles will be canistered "rounds" You are not looking at the canister here.

That is just the cylindrical cavity in the sub in which the launch canister will sit. The missiles will be canistered "rounds" You are not looking at the canister here.

canistered round? so one cylinder will contain 3 tubes. But that will take more space, due to excessive dimensions and extra use of material.

It looks like B-O5 can used as either Hypersonic-CM OR BM.I think that Test on 27 jan displayed its
hypersonic character.:cheers:

MODE RANGE
HCM 700km
BM 1.8K-2K km

It looks like B-O5 can used as either Hypersonic-CM OR BM.I think that Test on 27 jan displayed its
hypersonic character.:cheers:

MODE RANGE
HCM 700km
BM 1.8K-2K km

HCM cruise missiles follow Depressed Trajectory like Quasi Ballistic missile. so I do not know if I am right. HCM can be called as Quasi Ballistic missiles.

Back
Top Bottom