What's new

First-ever Pakistani mango show held in Guangzhou

Mangoes are my favorite fruits! I'll see if I could buy some Pakistani mangoes when I go back to China this winter! :pakistan::china:

my wife like mango,but the way, who can tell me the price of pakistani mango?

Depends on where you are. They're fairly cheap(by international standards) in Pakistan - around $3 per kg if I'm not mistaken. In the UK, you can only get them in Harrods in London and they're about 5 pounds per mango(thats $8 for one mango) so the prices vary a lot between different countries and also depend on the kind of mango.

By taste, Smell, and quality,
Mango "Anwar Ratol"
is the Prince of Mangoes in Pakistan.
anwar-ratol.gif
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Depends on where you are. They're fairly cheap(by international standards) in Pakistan - around $3 per kg if I'm not mistaken. In the UK, you can only get them in Harrods in London and they're about 5 pounds per mango(thats $8 for one mango) so the prices vary a lot between different countries and also depend on the kind of mango.

What nonsense!!Whereabouts in Wales do you live? If you live anywhere near Newport or Cardiff, go to any Asian shop there and they generally tend to have good selection of Pakistani mangoes. IIRC, they usually sell for around £ 5.99 for a box of 6.

WRT Pakistani mangoes, I was actually planning to start a topic on Indian v Pakistani mangoes (as opposed to whose got the bigger d**k topics that seem to be the norm here) as I have had the opportunity to taste mangoes from both countries sold in the UK.

Personally I prefer the Indian ones (and before you start this is not an opinion borne out of prejudice towards all things Pakistani) as they are sweeter and look more red (or dare I say 'saffron' lol) and appealing on the inside. On the flipside, they are less widely available and are marginally more expensive than Pakistani ones, which also tend to be bigger in size (mostly the 'honey' and 'chausa' varities).

You don`t have to take my word for it.. if you happen to live in London, cast your prejudices aside, take a trip down to Southall/ Eastham/Croydon and get yourself a box of Indian (Alphonso or Kesar) and Pakistani (Honey or Chausa) and compare the flavours..

Peace

What nonsense!!Whereabouts in Wales do you live? If you live anywhere near Newport or Cardiff, go to any Asian shop there and they generally tend to have good selection of Pakistani mangoes. IIRC, they usually sell for around £ 5.99 for a box of 6.

WRT Pakistani mangoes, I was actually planning to start a topic on Indian v Pakistani mangoes (as opposed to whose got the bigger d**k topics that seem to be the norm here) as I have had the opportunity to taste mangoes from both countries sold in the UK.

Personally I prefer the Indian ones (and before you start this is not an opinion borne out of prejudice towards all things Pakistani) as they are sweeter and look more red (or dare I say 'saffron' lol) and appealing on the inside. On the flipside, they are less widely available and are marginally more expensive than Pakistani ones, which also tend to be bigger in size (mostly the 'honey' and 'chausa' varities).

You don`t have to take my word for it.. if you happen to live in London, cast your prejudices aside, take a trip down to Southall/ Eastham/Croydon and get yourself a box of Indian (Alphonso or Kesar) and Pakistani (Honey or Chausa) and compare the flavours..

Peace

v will send chinese to prove it true, and since your indian, they say CWG are better than bejing olympics..

v will send chinese to prove it true, and since your indian, they say CWG are better than bejing olympics..

CWG are a shambles and a disgrace= fact

Alphonso and Kesar better than Honey and Chausa= fact

More on my personal favourite

Alphonso (mango) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don`t pretend to be a connoisseur in mangoes but the above is the objective opinion I have formed after tasting countless boxes of mostly 'Honey' and 'Chausa' mangoes from Pakistan and Alphonso and Kesar mangoes from India, as available in the UK. However, given the miniscule size of the market, I don`t discount the possibility that Pakistani exporters are sending inferior quality mangoes to the UK in a bid to undercut their Indian counterparts

Indian mangoes losing out to Pakistan - Mumbai - City - The Times of India

Also, I have only visited India occasionally since my early teens (although I still consider myself an Indian) and have never been to Pakistan so I cannot comment on the variety or quality of mangoes available in both countries.

We bought Indian mangoes when we first came to Dubai because we couldn't find Pakistani mangoes... it was okay. No offense India, but we have better mangoes!

Sindhi Mangoes = awesome.

Pakistani Mangoes truly are special, here in sweden we buy our fruits from these Arabs/Kurds and everytime we buy mangoes in the summer they are like "Pakistani mango, best in world" :P

honey konsa mango bhai janab??

I don`t know what variety they are, but I found this with a quick google search..

http://www.nationalfinder.com/fruitlabels/golden.jpg

BTW, I chose the pic 'cause this is exactly how they look out the box, all shrivelled and blinged up. I sometimes wonder who long they spend in storage before making their way to shop shelves..

Anyways, I have spent most afternoon researching mangoes online and realise that the same varieties are grown in both countries. Its just that certain varieties get imported from the respective countries and the ones coming from India to the UK, albeit pricey, certainly appear to have an edge on flavour and quality. I am certain that the Kesar/Alphonso from Pakistan in no better or worse than the ones from India but importing cheaper varities probably makes better financial sense as Asians here only buy mangoes for a 'taste of home' and do not possess nuanced palates to distinguish various mango flavours and are therefore likely to opt for the cheaper option available.

However there appears to be broad consensus that Filipino mangoes are the best in the world so can we go back to discussing who has got the bigger d**k please?:woot:

Back
Top Bottom