What's new

First Embraer Lineage 1000 has arrived in Pakistan

What is more important then slight differences in range or speed or combat load is that this new aircraft will be created for Pakistan to Pakistani specification. Due to the list of agreements Indians signed with US, P-8 cannot "talk" via data link or provide targeting information to non US assets. This is a massive issue and to a large extent handicaps the P-8s and Indians Ships, Sub and cruise missiles are all non US.

Sea Sultan in theory will be able to "talk" to and provide targeting to all PN assets.

That is where the real magic will be. Imagine a Hangor sub being given targeting info from a Sea Sultan 500 miles away, then making ready a cruise missile launch, all the while being undetected....
Outdated information.
No longer true after COMCASA which is why new P-8I will be with encrypted comms and datalinks and older ones will also now get them. Indian Navy has also purchased CENTRIX for near real time data exchange between P-8 and ships and other systems.

In November 2019, the Defence Acquisition Council, chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, approved the procurement of six additional P-8I aircraft. These aircraft, for which the deal is being processed, would come fitted with the encrypted systems as and when they are delivered. The older P-8Is already in the Indian Navy will also be retrofitted with these encypted communications systems as they were not available to India earlier as those procurements happened before the signing of COMCASA

The Navy had procured eight P-8Is in a $2.2 billion deal in 2009. The aircraft are part of the 312A Naval Air Squadron based at Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu. In 2016, the Navy exercised the optional clause for four more P-8Is in a deal worth over $1billion.

“We have operationalised COMCASA and already exchanging information,” the source stated on the status of implementing the agreement. India had created created a common account of $5 mn., from which deductions would be done for services or information sought from the U.S. under COMCASA.

In March 2019, the Indian and U.S. navies signed a loan agreement and installed two Pacific fleet provided CENTRIXS (Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System) kits at Indian Navy command headquarters and more systems are to be installed in a variety of places. These kits enable encrypted communications between the navies and also between two communication protocols of different origin, enabling Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA), a key focus area between the two countries.

Outdated information.
No longer true after COMCASA which is why new P-8I will be with encrypted comms and datalinks and older ones will also now get them. Indian Navy has also purchased CENTRIX for near real time data exchange between P-8 and ships and other systems.

Again, you seem to mislead people. CENTRIX is a US based, provided and serviced encryption tool. It cannot be installed on non US approved platforms. It will allow Indian P-8 to talk to a US P-8 or ship. Show me an example where it has been installed on a non US platform.

Essentially IN P-8s cannot talk to 90% of IN assets. That is a simple fact

Not true, Indian Navy ENC clarified during 2019 annual press conference (video available on net) that CENTRIX will be used as an intermediary through which US comms data will be shared with assets equipped with Indian or Israeli comms and datalinks (no Russian comms currently in Indian Navy, all phased out to faciliate exchange of US data due to American insistence).
Data from P-8I will through Centrix which will decrypt it for transmission to Israeli or Indian made systems. Only disadvantage is there will around 30 sec delay
When data will go to another US system no decryption will be needed in centrix, it will be real time with no delay. Also due to sensitive nature US will regularly inspect CENTRIX.

Thus Centrix in Indian Navy will play same role as Battlefield Airborne Comms Node does in USAF

This is actually a lie. Please post link to where it clearly states a US asset can share secure data with a non US asset?

Also no Russian Comms in Indian IL-38, KA-31, MIG-29K, Kilo class subs and Russian built ships have all lost their Russian comms equipment? Are you sure?

PN never said that it's going to happen right away. They just got a refurbished P-3C orion back in service month or so ago after two years or refit. Embraer will take a long time to get up to speed and inductee in service so the existing fleet will soldier on for another decade or more. We only bought one so far to replace a large Orion fleet. Even this example will take two or more years to be updated, if we are to go by the ATR precident.

Kindly calm down, be negative when negative comment is required

the reason we bought one unit is first buy the aircraft and start the conversion as per Pakistan Navys requirements and needs

we cant design and build one maritime aircraft like JF17 its not economical and viable option off course we have to buy one off the shelve, if we need 200 then maybe we can build one ourselves

the conversion will be done inside Pakistan by as much indigenous technology as possible

even the bomb will have to be cut out from this aircraft and this will take many many years yes maybe even a decade, do you know how much experience Pakistan will gain from this project ?

but at the end of this project Pakistan will have gained so much experience in maritime support aircraft we will be able to upgrade and overhaul any such unit in future in Pakistan without out begging US like we do with P3C

this is home built as much as possible and very great news it the best we can get right now

the worst would be yes to buy a fully armed and ready MPA like P-8 and have it operating next week fully inducted

then when one part fails the entire fleet is grounded

this MPA on Brazilian platform is as indigenous as it gets
The aircraft has been bought, it not locally produced, as seen since last 73 years. Any local systems and armament being integrated on this aircraft ? If NO, then what's all the happiness of PN filling pockets of international clients to fulfill defense needs.

please see my above comment I dont know where all the negativity is coming from, first understand what this project is about before making any conclusions

This is actually a lie. Please post link to where it clearly states a US asset can share secure data with a non US asset?

Also no Russian Comms in Indian IL-38, KA-31, MIG-29K, Kilo class subs and Russian built ships have all lost their Russian comms equipment? Are you sure?
Yes, all aircraft will get Israeli SDR (BNET) and all ships will get BEL SDR. Not sure about subs because of secrecy on their comms. Indian Navy is junking all Russian comms. IAF is doing same too after some enemy jamming issues. It will now be Israeli or Indian or US only l.
The recent upgrade of strategic comms node for $1 billion will also see elimination of Russian systems from Stategic Comms network.

Kindly calm down, be negative when negative comment is required

the reason we bought one unit is first buy the aircraft and start the conversion as per Pakistan Navys requirements and needs

we cant design and build one maritime aircraft like JF17 its not economical and viable option off course we have to buy one off the shelve, if we need 200 then maybe we can build one ourselves

the conversion will be done inside Pakistan by as much indigenous technology as possible

even the bomb will have to be cut out from this aircraft and this will take many many years yes maybe even a decade, do you know how much experience Pakistan will gain from this project ?

but at the end of this project Pakistan will have gained so much experience in maritime support aircraft we will be able to upgrade and overhaul any such unit in future in Pakistan without out begging US like we do with P3C

this is home built as much as possible and very great news it the best we can get right now

the worst would be yes to buy a fully armed and ready MPA like P-8 and have it operating next week fully inducted

then when one part fails the entire fleet is grounded

this MPA on Brazilian platform is as indigenous as it gets

please see my above comment I dont know where all the negativity is coming from, first understand what this project is about before making any conclusions

I am of the opinion that the conversion time will be less than 3 years, but again i cant go with my gut. The reason why i am saying this is because, when anyone is selecting a MPA, they are looking at all the aspects of an aircraft, and pre plan how the conversion will take place.

Why Pakistan went with Embraer instead of H6D/K MPA, is because of gaining access to a thriving aircraft industry, built relationships with Brazilian Defence industries and take it to the next level.

If you ask me, Pakistan should look into commercial aspect/ strategic lift, of joint builtout of next generation Joint project like a 737 single aisle aircraft to get some access on how to built medium lift aircraft, which will come handy in long haul.

This picture was taken yesterday in Karachi
130528909_217204439895237_2311460824862280478_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom