What's new

First Batch Of Women Fighter Pilots To Be Inducted In June

PS:- I do not support females in combat doesn't mean I doubt their capability. They are physically and mentally as capable to perform any task as men are and sometimes even better.

Really??!!I mean Really??!!You seriously believe this bullshiit political correctness crap??!!You really think that a 5'4" woman can hold her own against a 5'10" male combatant in cqb??If you do,then I'm sorry but you are utterly delusional to even put it gently and mildly.In my opinion,female combatants should never be inducted in the infantry and mechanised units..........period.But air force should be all right.

Really??!!Meansan Really??!!You seriously believe this bullshiit political correctness crap??!!You really think that a 5'4" woman can hold her own against a 5'10" male combatant in cqb??If you do,then I'm sorry but you are utterly delusional to even put it gently and mildly.In my opinion,female combatants should never be inducted in the infantry and mechanised units..........period.But air force should be all right.

Two things.
1. I did say that recruit on basis of merit.Means if they qualify the given requirements. Now you see what is a problem if a 6 feet girl completes the requirements ?

2.We often look of to Israel as an ideal state, isn't it? Well if women who qualify the requirements, and are recruited fight of Terrorists in Gaza, then why can't Indian females do it ?

PS:- I don't give much about being politically correct.

Two things.
1. I did say that recruit on basis of merit.Means if they qualify the given requirements. Now you see what is a problem if a 6 feet girl completes the requirements ?

6' tall females...............well,may be those are more common in the white countries but down here,they are not really so easy to come by!!I mean how often do you see a girl of such height,forget 6' even the ones within the range of 5'7"-5'9" is pretty few and far between!!And besides,a female of 6' won't have the same level of stamina and raw strength as a male of similar height due significantly lesser amount of mussel and bone density in the former..................basic human physiology 101.

2.We often look of to Israel as an ideal state, isn't it? Well if women who qualify the requirements, and are recruited fight of Terrorists in Gaza, then why can't Indian females do it ?
Dude,the Israelis have withdrawn females from active frontline service a long time ago!!Now those female soldiers are only employed for perimeter patrols other than the obvious administratibve chores!!

PS:- I don't give much about being politically correct.
I'm sure glad to hear that,becuase to me,political correctness is nothing other than a form of lying to apease those weakminded nitwits who can not take the harsh realities straight.

1511624_984258778276267_2941087505874328245_n.jpg

Really??!!I mean Really??!!You seriously believe this bullshiit political correctness crap??!!You really think that a 5'4" woman can hold her own against a 5'10" male combatant in cqb??If you do,then I'm sorry but you are utterly delusional to even put it gently and mildly.In my opinion,female combatants should never be inducted in the infantry and mechanised units..........period.But air force should be all right.
Let's not conflate the issues, we are talking here about combat in the sense of female fighter jets, NOT about women in frontline infantry roles in the IA. That is an entirely seperate discussion and not on the table.

As fighter pilots there is NOTHING to stop a female from behing as capable as any man in the cockpit.

This is actually a myth, there are no mixed infantry units in the IDF, the few mixed units in the IDF are support units and females do not actually serve a frontline role in the IDF.

@Levina @Ankit Kumar I agree with both of you. There is nothing holding back females from entering into the fighter stream, they will serve their country just as well as anyone else.

However, let's not ignore historical precedent. I'm sure we can all remember what was the fate of Captain Saurabh Kalia, some of the accounts of what happened to him are stomach churning. Fighting against an enemy who is willing to do that to a man, I don't want to think what would happen to a female in that position.

To wonder further down this sinister path, I would also say one could look at what happened to Private Jessica Lynch who was captured in the second Gulf war. The US military had intially tried to cover up what happened to her but it has now come out, in part, and it is truly horrifying.

I understand the women will say they are aware of the risks but the question is is our society (in terms of the global community) ready to accept such horrors? I'm not so sure.

Whatever horrors a woman might face as a PoW or otherwise in off books missions, a man faces them too. This is an uncomfortable topic but psychologically men are as traumatised as women when raped or torture which will happen when we face the enemies we have.

Men and women both have to be psychologically trained to withstand the trauma and retain their sanity. It is gross condescension on our part to assume women won't be able to handle the horrors of war as well or as badly as men.

6' tall females...............well,may be those are more common in the white countries but down here,they are not really so easy to come by!!I mean how often do you see a girl of such height,forget 6' even the ones within the range of 5'7"-5'9" is pretty few and far between!!And besides,a female of 6' won't have the same level of stamina and raw strethem.h as a male of similar height due significantly lesser amount of mussel and bone density in the former..................basic human physiology 101.

Dude,the Israelis have withdrawn females from active frontline service a long time ago!!Now those female soldiers are only employed for perimeter patrols other than the obvious administratibve chores!!

I'm sure glad to hear that,becuase to me,political correctness is nothing other than a form of lying to apease those weakminded nitwits who can not take the harsh realities straight.

Well first of all I don't support females in front line combat divisions in Army , and in Airforce too. Navy is different and getting women there will be good.

Now if at all women get there, mean Army agrees , Government agrees, they will set the requirements. And I am sure they will not change the requirements much in case of physical strength and endurance. And if the females candidates pass them, well and good.

Well in our batch of ~1000 students , we had 3-4 girls .... near about 6feet ..... and powerful enough to beat up any male bully.
So there are quite a few of those rough and tough ones out there .

Whatever horrors a woman might face as a PoW or otherwise in off books missions, a man faces them too. This is a uncomfortable topic but psychologically men are as traumatised as women when raped or torture which will happen when we face the enemies we have.

Men and women both have to psychologically trained to withstand the trauma and remain their sanity. It is gross condescension on our part to assume women won't be able to handle the horrors of war as well or as badly as men.
Did I say that women were not capable of handling such trauma? On this topic I have chosen my words very carefully so please re-read what I have said sir and do not put words in my mouth.

I stated my position very clearly in the last line of my post- I beleive our (global) society is ill-equipped to deal with such horrors being inflicted on female combatants. As a species we have gotten used to males dealing with them but are we ready for females to be on the receiving end of such unspeakable treatment? I really don't think we are. This is not a reflection on the commitment or abilities of those women who would want to serve in such roles.

Well first of all I don't support females in front line combat divisions in Army , and in Airforce too. Navy is different and getting women there will be good.

Now if at all women get there, mean Army agrees , Government agrees, they will set the requirements. And I am sure they will not change the requirements much in case of physical strength and endurance. And if the females candidates pass them, well and good.

Well in our batch of ~1000 students , we had 3-4 girls .... near about 6feet ..... and powerful enough to beat up any male bully.
So there are quite a few of those rough and tough ones out there .

See,3.5 in a thousand,I don't know about what you may think,but the number doesn't look all that too impressive,does it now??Which part of the country are you from by the way??

Did I say that women were not capable of handling such trauma? On this topic I have chosen my words very carefully so please re-read what I have said sir and do not put words in my mouth.

I stated my position very clearly in the last line of my post- I beleive our (global) society is ill-equipped to deal with such horrors being inflicted on female combatants. As a species we have gotten used to males dealing with them but are we ready for females to be on the receiving end of such unspeakable treatment? I really don't think we are. This is not a reflection on the commitment or abilities of those women who would want to serve in such roles.

I got your point and I clarified that our (not yours) as in society's behavior as akin to condescension when when we are horrified by the torment based specifically on gender.

I quite clearly understood that you were not reflecting on abilities of women.

Let's not conflate the issues, we are talking here about combat in the sense of female fighter jets, NOT about women in frontline infantry roles in the IA. That is an entirely seperate discussion and not on the table.
I know that bro,but please take note of the context against which my comment was made!!

As fighter pilots there is NOTHING to stop a female from behing as capable as any man in the cockpit..
That's what I said I guess.

Whatever horrors a woman might face as a PoW or otherwise in off books missions, a man faces them too. This is an uncomfortable topic but psychologically men are as traumatised as women when raped or torture which will happen when we face the enemies we have.

@Technogaianist had an good take on this particular matter (different forum, different user name, same girl):

Should Women be Allowed into Combat Positions?

*it's not linking to the post I wanted to (#4), but the whole thread has some interesting takes.

And you're right, the same happens to men - as she notes with a few links to such occurrences.

Great for India:cheers:! Well done to these women too.

Last edited:
@Technogaianist had an good take on this particular matter (different forum, different user name, same girl):

Should Women be Allowed into Combat Positions? | The American Military Forum

And you're right, the same happens to men - as she notes with a few links to such occurrences.

And good for India:cheers:! Well done to these women too.

It is the latent baggage most men carry of being the "protector" but times they are changing!

For me it is simply a matter of choosing the right tool for the job. John might be able to withstand torture better than Jane but Claire might be even better than John. Nothing to do with gender but more to do with individual psych profile.

I ll wait for the day when women are inducted as regulars in combat roles in Kashmir and other areas where we face insurgencies..
Won't happen and shouldn't happen!!Infantry and mech should always be kept clear of females.............period!!

Won't happen and shouldn't happen!!Infantry and mech should always be kept clear of females.............period!!

You Sir are on the wrong side of History. If there were some technical or psychological merit to exclusion - I would have gladly debated this but quite frankly there isn't any meat to this line of thinking.

Back
Top Bottom