What's new

First Batch Of Women Fighter Pilots To Be Inducted In June

I understand the women will say they are aware of the risks but the question is is our society (in terms of the global community) ready to accept such horrors? I'm not so sure.
However, let's not ignore historical precedent. I'm sure we can all remember what was the fate of Captain Saurabh Kalia, some of the accounts of what happened to him are stomach churning. Fighting against an enemy who is willing to do that to a man, I don't want to think what would happen to a female in that position.

To wonder further down this sinister path, I would also say one could look at what happened to Private Jessica Lynch who was captured in the second Gulf war. The US military had intially tried to cover up what happened to her but it has now come out, in part, and it is truly horrifying.

1 )If Saurabh Kalia's plight didnt stop men from joining army then why should women be flinched by Jessica Lynch's case?

2) Not everyone who goes to war becomes a POW.

3) We are being narrow minded.
Think of days when Rani Lakshmi bai lead her army, did the society stop her from doing so?
Back then there were no Geneva conventions to protect POWs

Well that's a pretty wrong assumption when one says effects of left liberals. Once we dig into matters which do not find a way into media , one realises how big the concern is.

Let me put up a small example from my city nd its vicinity. My state had everything to be Japan of India , but for Naxals.

BJP which promised to get hard on them has compromised on its statement. They are now appeasing the reds .

Do not think those reds of any kind of innocent.
My father is a teacher and he often gets election and other duties in interior areas of Jharkhand. And the people live there with nothing to say. Nothing means nothing but voter id. And each tribal out there who voted for BJP , did not voted for electricity or food or clothing, but only because BJP said it will get the naxals out.

But now in power, it is bending under pressure from almost a non existent left. Can you imagine the plight of people?

My poor state civilians mine coal so that people in Mumbai and Delhi get electricity, but here?
The total demand of electricity in my state is 1/10th of Delhi, we have 33%of coal mined in India and 45% by reserves, some big hydro power projects , India's largest Iron , Bauxite , Silver and rare earth metals deposits, not to forget Uranium.

But the BJP which is bending under " Liberal lefts " is making all that waste. Total waste.

On the second part, my only concern is the POW situation. And that our adversaries are some who believe that they are peaceful with big hearts but will do a Saurav Kalia on you if you dare do anything.
I know where you are coming from.
I still do not understand why the govt should buckle under pressure?
Going by the your post your assumptions are based on an IF. what IF the leftists oppose govt's decision to send women to war?
I say what IF they don't oppose it??? After all leftists are supposed to be more liberal.

You Sir are on the wrong side of History. If there were some technical or psychological merit to exclusion - I would have gladly debated this but quite frankly there isn't any meat to this line of thinking.

And you sire,has obviouly skipped your Boilogy classes in your school days!!

Won't happen and shouldn't happen!!Infantry and mech should always be kept clear of females.............period!!

In India right? Not the world? Because if that's the case, Telemark Battalion (Brigade North's Mechanized Infantry battalion) would like a word with you.

AA_UrbanViking-Mink_26.jpg

AFA_6217.jpg

L24A7526red.jpg

Kids will still be kids.
lst_02306.jpg

If you mean India only, well, you know the dynamic better then me, though I'd still disagree.
If it's cultural I'll respect our differences.

Women in our country can serve in any role. From tankers to submariners, medics to para-rescue, infantry to pilots and even in our special forces and EOD teams. We have no restrictions on women.

Last edited:
I know what a woman is and how she differs from men as I am married to one. Don't be glib
In India right? Not the world? Because if that's the case, Telemark Battalion (Brigade North's Mechanized Infantry battalion) would like a word with you.

AFA_6217.jpg

L24A7526red.jpg
Irrelevent!!Just answer one question - do you really think that an AVERAGE female can withstand the same level physical rigours with same level of profficiency and consistency as her AVERAGE male counterpart??I rest my case at there.
If you mean India only, well, you know the dynamic better then me, though I'd still disagree.
YEs,I do know the dynamics better,you are right about that one.You see,Indian female population has remained physically far more underdeveloped compared to her male counterparts due to widescale mistreat of epic proportions since ancient times and which sadly,still continues albeit at a somewhat lower level.
And besides,I don't believe an average female can be physically as tough as her male counterparts not out of any chauvinism or as such but due solely to their physical limitations.

1 )If Saurabh Kalia's plight didnt stop men from joining army then why should women be flinched by Jessica Lynch's case?
I'm not saying this at all.

2) Not everyone who goes to war becomes a POW.
But there is clearly a risk of this.

3) We are being narrow minded.
It's true but this is the world we live in @Levina , I am just being a realist. I don't think we (as a species) are ready to send women into harm in this way. It will only take one incident to reset this entire push- one women being captured by ISIS and having one of their sick videos posted or a female fighter pilot going down in a conflict with Pakistan.

Disclaimer - Not pointed towards any specific individual

I love the hypocrisy on display. We as a nation have no problem exploiting women at every level -

1. sexually - Martial rapes, involuntary objectification in films, eve teasing and sexual harassment at work
2. economically - dowry system, less pay for same work, glass ceiling
3. socially - female infanticide, domestic abuse

but when it comes to giving them equal positions in armed forces in all roles - we back out.

We can have a female president and pm but not female army chief.

Wow!!Congrats on that one hoss!!So who's been riding whose ...............thing??

:closed::closed::closed::closed::closed::closed::closed::closed::closed:

It's true but this is the world we live in @Levina , I am just being a realist. I don't think we (as a species) are ready to send women into harm in this way. It will only take one incident to reset this entire push- one women being captured by ISIS and having one of their sick videos posted or a female fighter pilot going down in a conflict with Pakistan.
It's not even that..............I mean the prospect of one of them ending up becoming a pow and then raped till death which compells me!!I mean what do I care if that person is ready to take the risks,she had signed up knowing fully well what might happen to her in case she gets captured by the enemy!!But what compells me the most is that I do not trust they are physically fit enough to take the regours of frontline combat which might strectch for a week or even more at times!!I mean can you imagine a 5'4" 120lb person,takinga hike of 20 kms at 15000 ft+ asl over treacherous terrains with 40 kg of combat loads and all while being under constant enemy bombardments??!!

one women being captured by ISIS and having one of their sick videos posted or a female fighter pilot going down in a conflict with Pakistan.
ISIS's video???
Has their videos scared anyone?
Would that scare a soldier?
SHOULD that scare a soldier?

And below is an example as to how and why other countries have inducted women in combat roles.

AFA_6217.jpg

L24A7526red.jpg

Kids will still be kids.
lst_02306.jpg

If it's cultural I'll respect our differences.

Women in our country can serve in any role. From tankers to submariners, medics to para-rescue, infantry to pilots and even in our special forces and EOD teams. We have no restrictions on women.

There!!!!
@Abingdonboy
Why not Indian women is my question???
Even Paksitan appears to be better than us when it comes to this!!!
It's high time we broadened our horizons.

Last edited:
Disclaimer - Not pointed towards any specific individual

I love the hypocrisy on display. We as a nation have no problem exploiting women at every level -

1. sexually - Martial rapes, involuntary objectification in films, eve teasing and sexual harassment at work
2. economically - dowry system, less pay for same work, glass ceiling
3. socially - female infanticide, domestic abuse

but when it comes to giving them equal positions in armed forces in all roles - we back out.

We can have a female president and pm but not female army chief.

The only thing that is on display here is your total lack of any understanding of basic human physiology and that of nothing else!!

Ab tereko mirchi lagi toh mein kya karoon??

ISIS's video???
Has their videos scared anyone?
Would that scare a soldier?
SHOULD that scare a soldier?

And below is an example as to how and why other countries have inducted women into infantry battalions.

There!!!!
@Abingdonboy
Why not Indian women is my question???
Even Paksitan appears to be better than us when it comes to this!!!
It's high time we broadened our horizons.
Teach you shouldnt be so angry on this special day for women.
In June you will have your first batch and after that it will be normal for women to be fighter pilots,soldiers and other military personnel.
The future looks good for women in the Indian Armed Forces.
Congratulations on both the womens day and the female Fighter pilots.

Teach you shouldnt be so angry on this special day for women.
In June you will have your first batch and after that it will be normal for women to be fighter pilots,soldiers and other military personnel.
The future looks good for women in the Indian Armed Forces.
Congratulations on both the womens day and the female Fighter pilots.
I am not angry. :)
Just trying to find a way to put my thoughts across.
And I don't celebrate woman's day. You know it!!! Lolz

The only thing that is on display here is your total lack of any understanding of basic human physiology and that of nothing else!!

Ab tereko mirchi lagi toh mein kya karoon??

Mr. Flintstone - why is it so tough for you to understand that if a said women qualifies the physical test and fulfil all the mental and physical criteria we expect from their male counterparts in terms of stamina and strength - who are we to deny them their rights?

You can't make the comparison between average male and female. Armed forces are not free for all. There is a process of selection.

Back
Top Bottom