What's new

First batch of Chinese-made large aircraft engine researchers start work

aimarraul

Reaction score
First batch of Chinese-made large aircraft engine researchers start work

16:02, May 07, 2010

The first batch of 73 researchers has joined the China-made large aircraft engine business in the aviation industry, AVIC Commercial Aircraft Engine Co., Ltd. announced on May 6, 2010.

They will participate in a large aircraft engine project, and this shows that the large aircraft engine research and development team is now taking shape.

Researchers come from various disciplines such as aerospace propulsion, power machinery, aircraft engine monitoring and control, materials, thermal engineering, engineering thermal physics and fluid dynamics.

As of now, AVIC Commercial Aircraft Engine Company (ACAE) has signed employment contracts with more than 160 graduates with master's degree, or doctoral degrees. In addition to the first 73 employees, the rest will start work in July.

It is noteworthy that, with the establishment of China-made large aircraft engine assembly test base and research base in Shanghai, AVIC /ACAE has almost completed its infrastructure layout. Early last month, AVIC /ACAE announced that it will search for suppliers around the world. It is learned that the company has started study of domestic suppliers and in the future will also start the tour looking for international suppliers.

Under the previous plan, Chinese-made large aircraft C919 will take its first flight in 2014, and be delivered in 2016.

By People's Daily Online

Frankly, I don't want to ride the C919, unless Comac promises me that it'll never use the china-made engine. I do not want to be another Sr. Col.!

Though, this could be big for China's indigenous military transports, which India is... ordering... with heavy restrictions...

it's not your call to choice the engine as long as it pass the test of ESA ,FAA........
transport engine program started years ago

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't want to ride the C919, unless Comac promises me that it'll never use the china-made engine. I do not want to be another Sr. Col.!

Though, this could be big for China's indigenous military transports, which India is... ordering... with heavy restrictions...

ok....so dont ride it no one is forcing you to, whats does you comment have anything to do with the thread other than your hatred of chinese products?

also, china will need the experience in large engine design one area that its very weak in

Back
Top Bottom