What's new

Finland's leaders call for NATO membership 'without delay', Russia warns it will 'inflict serious damage'

Turkey is currently discussing canceling the readmission agreement and facilitating the transit of refugees to Europe. According to field studies, such a political attitude change will result in at least 2 million more refugees entering Europe.

Europe and the USA have made so many moves to stifle Turkey since 2016 that it no longer has a serious trump card.

Why enter when you could give the ukrainians the weapons to destroy and denigrate russia.
Because thats the only way you guarantee the war goes your way, unless you're a coward, which means you should stay out of war business.

That too when russia is more than 7x bigger than ukraine and is allegedly a superpower.
Russia has never been a superpower, people just call or think of Russia as such today because US has stopped being the sole superpower. US loss = Russia's win.

Due to latest news, Finland has more reasonable stance politically and they seem to have noticed Turkey's sensitivities. But I don't think the process will be easy for Sweden.

On the other hand, at least 2 more countries that are members of the union and have VETO authority, although they are not very active in NATO's military wing, are opposing to NATO's baltic enlargement.

Btw, Turkey-England rapprochement you mentioned depends on slightly different geopolitical dynamics. In the long term, many aviation cooperations are on the table, but the replacing of the current F-16 fleet with EF is not among them. Turkey will continue to keep its F-16 fleet in its active inventory until the 2040s.
I know, only Sweden is problematic from your perspective.

Yes but you are usual suspect and observed trough special lences :)

Probably so, connections between countries are interwinded with up and downs along the long time but in overall correct and decent relations, frenkly speaking if i am decision maker in TAF i would "sacrifice" current quality with buying anything GB can offer which are Tyfoons at the moment for the sake of completely engine know how trasnfer if they are willing to do so.

Finland has made official the choice to join NATO.

Sweden is expected to do this week.

Europe is digging their own hole

Russia must punish Finland directly. Turn Helsinki into a "sea of fire"

Russia must punish Finland directly. Turn Helsinki into a "sea of fire"

I think is too late.

Russia should have punished Polish military bases when they smuggled weapons to Ukraine. So Russia would show NATO is useless.

But now it's too late, remember Finland/West Europe are democracies, it doesnt matter if ruling elites doesnt want face Russia, now most of the people wants to face it, and politicians can't control all that masses hate, if they try to de-escalate, then people will vote more aggresive politicians.

And if Russia punishes them, they only will throw more fuel to fire of masses screaming against Russia.

It's too late.

It is obvious that Finland’s security deteriorates if Finland joins NATO.

So why join?

The most obvious answer is that Washington has paid the Finish leaders to add to the pressure on the Kremlin by joining NATO. I have good reason to believe this. Years ago I was in the Pentagon in the office of a very high official being offered an important appointment. I used the opportunity to ask a question about something that had long puzzled me. How, I asked, does Washington manage to get foreign governments to support Washington’s interests at the expense of their own countries? “Money,” the high Pentagon official said. “You mean foreign aid,” I said. “No,” the official said, “we give the political leaders bags full of money. We own them. They report to us.”

Actually, Finland and Sweden have highlighted their problems by joining NATO now. Why? Well, by running to join NATO, which is the same as seeking NATO's protection, they indirectly admitted that Russia has military advantage over them. Simple.

NATO = US military = not the same military force as a decade ago. NATO wont provide much security to Finland or Sweden, talk less of effective security help, that will never happen.

Actually, Finland and Sweden have highlighted their problems by joining NATO now. Why? Well, by running to join NATO, which is the same as seeking NATO's protection, they indirectly admitted that Russia has military advantage over them. Simple.

NATO = US military = not the same military force as a decade ago. NATO wont provide much security to Finland or Sweden, talk less of effective security help, that will never happen.

I think nuclear military advantage of Russia over Finland/Sweden is not a top secret thing.

In convetional war, maybe even those countries are better than Russia.

The point is, the only one reason of Russia would attack Sweden/Finland is precisely if they join NATO.

So why join NATO? Because Swedish/Finnish leaders are corrupt and obbeying USA orders.
And Swedish/Finnish are brainwashed by warmongering in massmedia due to Ukraine war.
European massmedia treat the Ukraine war like a war in own soil, it's ridiculous, but most of European people can't even locate Ukraine in a map a few months ago, they know nothing about the problem, they just are afraid of Russia and think USA is the good guy.

BTW now it's official the Swedish and Finnish ask to join NATO.

Stalin Should have ended the finnish state in 1945.

"Finland" was historically part of Russia. They are geographically close to st.petersburg/european Russia. Russia let them secede, but requested a land swap that would push them away from threatning st.petersburg.

Finland refused. They went to war against a gutted soviet army that had been purged of half its officer force recenly by stalin. THEY LOST THE WAR and were near complete collapse when they started begging for peace. Which Russia gave them generous terms for the loser.

not 2 years later, they allied with nazi germany, invaded the soviet union, and even participated in the siege of st.petersburg that caused the starvation of millions of Russians.

Round 2, Russia had defeated the Nazis, and was planning on retaking finland and ending them. AGAIN they took pity on finland, and in exchange for Finland switching sides against germany, they were allowed to exist. In exchange for FOREVER REMAINING NEUTRAL, AND NEVER THREATNING St. PETERSBURG"

How is it in Finlands interest to now turn back on this agreement, and volutarily deploy foreign military forces right on the Russian heartland?

Is it because the CIA said so? or their 30 year old democrazies cashier prime minister ? Why are the euros soo dumb and incapable of independent thought? its ridiculous how incompetent western governments have become
I dont know which planet you live in dude. 🤣🤣
if Russia was such a benevolent country then why did they dismantle your country and carved out many countries out of your country? 🤣🤣 last i checked it was because of the Russia that you lost so many territories which our country never regained to this day. 😅

You guys should prepare for the day when Russian missiles hit targets in Poland or Finland. Must be a long day for Biden.
Even the Soviet Union which was Russia at its peak never dared invade a NATO member. Only a fool will think Russia who is not even 1/10th as powerful as the soviet Union will dare attack a NATO memeber today. Start using logic instead of emotions.

Why do we need to blow up every square millimeter of Russia?

What does that solve?

They unload their missiles on the US, Europe, and China and then we unload on Russia and China.

There is no such thing as a "half-a-Doomsday" nuclear missile strike.
The weird and funny thing is that The US and western powers have provided little to no military aid to Ukraine against Russia, if we compare to the massive militray and financial assitance running into tens of billions(some estimated that over a hundred billion dollars was spent) of dollars we provided to Afghan resistance against soviet Russia back then.
Im actually impressed by Ukraines performance during this war give the very little and insignifiant aid they have gotten against Russia. This war has only shown the bad state of Russia's military funny enough . Had Ukriane gotten the same massive military and financial aid as Afghan resistance forces did, then I'm sure Russia would have had it far worse than they have at the moment

Russia should attack Poland. We will see if US has balls to take the risk of nuke war to engage in the war. I bet US will lose the coward game. Those countries who believe once they join in NATO they will get protection from US will be quiet
This is only in the interest of china after russia and europe are weakenend due to war china will take over large parts from russia

Back
Top Bottom