What's new

Finally, search begins for a fighter to replace MiG-21s

Hope the procurement process doesn't take decades.

lol, IK and Dutt sahab, trolling the tread with their usual deep comments... some things never change.. missed you guys ...

I wish its not become another mmrca .bc hamara bp high rakhty ho khareedty kuch ho nhi
janaab what started as a replacement make it a cheap and light type rpelacement for M21 due to contstant goalpost change at regualr interval by MOD and IAF

LCA has morphed into worlds most compact and lightest light class multi role fighter jet in its class which can carry 3.5 tonne external weapons load and 2.5 internal fuel despite its such a compact size

and still has EL -2032 MMR+LDP+ HMDS+ 4 Channell digital FBW + RSS + DATA LINK and can carry and fire all kinds of AIR to AIR and AIR to Ground Missiles + PGMs + LGBs+SOMs

and despite all this not more than 2 billion dollars till date is bieng spent on the entire programme till date and that incleds buying GE404 engines and all sub systems & pods & avionics and weapons from diffrent indian and international variants

so LCA programme is not just one fighter jet but a whole aerospace programme or infrastructure programme which we lacked before it and now we produce much of the susb systems and parts assembellies in house in a decade we will be almost self relient and as about this topic i guess IAF is talking about 5th gen F-35 type sigle engined fighter

nanhe miya masoom tum bachke rehna kaheen tum hi kaam me aa jao ;)

kyonki hum wo hain to sheeshe se patharr ko torthe hain ... kya samjhe ;)

well i guess that here IAF is talking about nest gen 5th gen stealth type single engined F- 35 type combat fighter jet

Well Guru bhaiyya ous-hi sheeshay main munh daikh lo tau koi dhung ka kaam ker lo shayad :D.

On the serious note yaar party aik baat tau batao if they go for F-35 then what's gonna happen with TOT clause because I don't think USA may going to provide it to India in means of percentage as required as we can see they even reluctant to and rightfully says they didn't allow it to their allies examples are Turkey, UK even rejected 5 techs to S.Korea for their Nexgen although they are buying F-35. 2ndly doesn't it affects AMCA on the other hand ??

Rest I believe the best option India left with is Gripen NG as USA is ready to transfer engine technologies for F-404/F-414 which is used in the super duper failed Teja bhai the trawler mounted aircraft ;D. SAAB is also ready to provide maximum TOT with offset as well. All in all it seems a good deal to me. But their is something even better I believe if MoD bring in some outside player in Teja bhai scenario like SAAB then I am sure they may change the whole scenario in less then 3 to 5 year time and save India at multiple fronts like fulfilling Make in India and getting rid of any problems in processes of manufacturing and in aircraft upgradation to the required quality.

Well Guru bhaiyya ous-hi sheeshay main munh daikh lo tau koi dhung ka kaam ker lo shayad :D.

On the serious note yaar party aik baat tau batao if they go for F-35 then what's gonna happen with TOT clause because I don't think USA may going to provide it to India in means of percentage as required as we can see they even reluctant to and rightfully says they didn't allow it to their allies examples are Turkey, UK even rejected 5 techs to S.Korea for their Nexgen although they are buying F-35. 2ndly doesn't it affects AMCA on the other hand ??

Rest I believe the best option India left with is Gripen NG as USA is ready to transfer engine technologies for F-404/F-414 which is used in the super duper failed Teja bhai the trawler mounted aircraft ;D. SAAB is also ready to provide maximum TOT with offset as well. All in all it seems a good deal to me. But their is something even better I believe if MoD bring in some outside player in Teja bhai scenario like SAAB then I am sure they may change the whole scenario in less then 3 to 5 year time and save India at multiple fronts like fulfilling Make in India and getting rid of any problems in processes of manufacturing and in aircraft upgradation to the required quality.
mereee choorroo apnee sunao saeen ji kasee katt rahee hai :azn:

well USA will never give TOT for F35 or say for at least 3 decades at least but if we do it right we can surely devlop tejas into some kind of 5th gen on lines of what mikoyan developed but abondenned with our own inputs like how we concieved the first tailless design of twin engined MCA and using techs developed from PAKFA-FGFA-Rafale-AMCA we can make them all gel into a desi jugar on something like a light stealthy sigle engined fighter its not impossible

as for SAAB forget it i mean ust forget it under no circumstances SAAB will find its way into IAF cause capabillities of GrippenD and MK1a are pretty simmillar but for cost of 1 grippen we can have 2 LCA so why grippen does not makes any sense as LCA is all set to get new AESA /GaN based radar and combined EW-ECM-jammer suite among other goodies which will make it on par with GrippenE

Last edited:
Jf-17 will considered irrelevant as per ASR of IAF standard
Jf-17 will considered junk as per CAG and IAF ASR requiments if ever evaluated

JF-17 blk3 will be compare able to upgraded Mig-29.
its availability rate is almost near to 80% which is more as compared to Mig-29 and Su-30MKI.

i don't think CAG will found any objection in JF-17.

Only in PAF not even PLAAF consider as good enough for their air force.
JF-17 is not in PLAAF because PLAAF chose J-10 and whereas PAF chose JF-17.

hehe , ye kya baat hui yaar , pakistaniyo ka to goli aur bomb se bahut gehra rista hai :P.. aren't you pakistani?
yaar daru pe ab bada ho gaya hoga tu :P

anyways jokes apart have a nice day

ahh to phir aaj daru party isi baat pe..

I am a proud Muslim and Pakistani my dear, what about you? Bomb and goli tu India k behn bhai hain humarey tu nahi lagtey are you not Indian? :P

Cya

Rafale is threat or not but if India really buy some 100-200 light jets like F16 or gripin. Then it's a serious threat to both China and Pakistan. We must do something. Time to buy huge amounts of F16?

100 more F16

50-70 Su 35

24 J 20 J31

Understand next 10-20 years atleast

well you can make fun of tejas as much as you like but what capabillities you want in your so called Block-3 of your joint fighterLike HMDS+HOBS+RSS+4 Channel Digital FBW ect ectare already present on tejas MK1

and

with IFR and 2nd gen GaN based israeli AESA radar and combined and minurised AESA based EW+ECM+Jammer suite and possibally a internal IRST and at least 500-800 Kg lighter than MK1 model the MK1a will be more potent anything PAF has right now or plans to have in next decade

while dont forget even now LCA can carry 3.5 tonne load to a combat radius of 350 at 6Km altitude which will increase to almost 500 Km with new intakes and lesser drag wings and 500-800 lighter body

It seems the IAF dosent believe you, why are you trying to convince me they are the hesitant ones looking for an alternative

The very fact that they are looking for a single engine alternative is the ULTIMATE statement on the status of the Tejas

The rest is just bull shit

I assume even Tejas cannot quickly fill numerical requirements of IAF so opening another tender for LWF seems reasonable.

this tender reflects the incompetence of HAL not ADA, anyways my 2 cents

Goodday

lol yes we should offer them Jf17 block II :pakistan: :P

This was inevitable, and shows the ground reality no matter how you spin it.

Back
Top Bottom