What's new

Finally, search begins for a fighter to replace MiG-21s

Rafale is threat or not but if India really buy some 100-200 light jets like F16 or gripin. Then it's a serious threat to both China and Pakistan. We must do something. Time to buy huge amounts of F16?

100 more F16

50-70 Su 35

24 J 20 J31

Understand next 10-20 years atleast

It would be more than enough for Indian Air Force to train 2 to 3 squardrons of Indian pilots on F 16's in advance and when needed just bring F 16's flying to India to defend our lands .

It seems the IAF dosent believe you, why are you trying to convince me they are the hesitant ones looking for an alternative

The very fact that they are looking for a single engine alternative is the ULTIMATE statement on the status of the Tejas

The rest is just bull shit
no its more of a ego problem they have but they have to abide by the goverment rules cause we dont have unlimited funds and at the most the final tally till 2025(when FGFA/PAKFA& AMCA start coming) is like

36+18 rafale plus maybe i say again just maybe 90 rafale more under MII & maybe 36 rafale M for Indian Navy air arm for IAC-1

272 MKI upgraded to super sukhoi level

63 Upgraded Mig 29 + 45 Mig29K

52 Upgraded M2K

126 Jaguar Darin 3 and same ammount of upgraded Mig21 Bisons

120 LCA MK1A + 40 MK1

backed by 5 phalcons and 6-8 desi DRDO AWACS

and this i guess is more than enof to tackel both PAF and PLAAF

This was inevitable, and shows the ground reality no matter how you spin it.
No. It shows that they are bound to fulfill the original mmrca requirements of 126 aircrafts even if with some compromises( due to high cost of course)....cost is gonna be very crucial while deciding this deal unlike first deal for 36 Rafales. 120 Tejas has already been ordered so with or without this deal, thats confirmed.

Nothing happened to Tejas. Instead of buying off the shelf rafales, then MII, they're using something else for MII. Hard to say why, but it's probably due to overall expense of the rafales deal.

Honestly, I don't care. This will bring about a true HAL competitor, under the private sector. Which will be leveraged in future programs like AMCA.

Hal01_full.jpg

Made by me to boost up Indians that there are failures... Not too worry there fighter will be ready at the end of the 22nd century..

@Windjammer @PaklovesTurkiye @Sandman @Zibago @Moonlight @I S I @Zarvan @313baberali @WAJsal @HRK @Oscar

Don't forget to watch it...

kharid liya to kahin aap itne na high chale jaye ki lana muskil ho jaye :P .. so enjoy the BP bhai jaan

hehe... bhai blood test karwa lo pakka blood report me gola barrod hi ayega ..

Lagta hai aap neh blood test kerwaya hu ga is li mujhey bhi suggestion deh rahey hain ju k kuch bhi nahi hai jhoot hai wasey, acha wasey aap blood test kerwatey waqt konsa goli + group nikla? Goli positive yah Bomb positive, may be dono hi mix group hun nikley aap k blood meh :P

View attachment 342169

Made by me to boost up Indians that there are failures... Not too worry there fighter will be ready at the end of the 22nd century..

@Windjammer @PaklovesTurkiye @Sandman @Zibago @Moonlight @I S I @Zarvan @313baberali @WAJsal @HRK @Oscar

Don't forget to watch it...
They by launching this search or tender or what ever you want to call it pretty much has admitted that LCA has failed to do the job. On the other had this is bad news for us because Grippen or F-16 are bad news on the other hand LCA replacing MIG 21 and MIG 27 is good news. So we start preparing for it.

They by launching this search or tender or what ever you want to call it pretty much has admitted that LCA has failed to do the job. On the other had this is bad news for us because Grippen or F-16 are bad news on the other hand LCA replacing MIG 21 and MIG 27 is good news. So we start preparing for it.
It is not the bad it is the worst NEWS and speaking friendly I am afraid of that mighty F-16 block 70/72.
Gripen can be handled with JFT.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-fighter-to-replace-mig21s/article9202548.ece

09TH_MIG_3038946e.jpg

Within days of signing the deal to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets from France, the Defence Ministry has issued a Request For Information (RFI) to global aircraft manufacturers, formally starting the process to select yet another fighter to be built in India under technology transfer.

Sources told The Hindu that an RFI for a single-engine fighter to be manufactured in India with extensive technology transfer was issued this week to countries involved in fighter aircraft manufacture. Based on the responses, a detailed RFP (Request for Proposal) would be issued later.

Last month, India and France concluded a government-to-government deal worth €7.87-billion deal for 36 Rafale multi-role jets in flyaway condition.

The selected aircraft is expected to replace the large number of MiG-21s in service, which will be phased out over the next few years.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has stated in the past that the Rafale, a medium-weight jet, is not a replacement for MiG-21s and another aircraft would be selected to replace the latter. He has also said these would be built in partnership with the private sector.

Addressing the Indian Air Force on the 84th raising day, Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Arup Raha observed that an “early decision on indigenous ‘Make in India’ fighter aircraft project would greatly enhance our operational capability in the near term.”

Boeing and Lockheed Martin of the U.S. and SAAB of Sweden have already submitted detailed proposals to manufacture their F-18, F-16 and Gripen jets respectively in India under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.

Why LCA Tejas was developed? :o:

No. It shows that they are bound to fulfill the original mmrca requirements of 126 aircrafts even if with some compromises( due to high cost of course)....cost is gonna be very crucial while deciding this deal unlike first deal for 36 Rafales. 120 Tejas has already been ordered so with or without this deal, thats confirmed.

As I mentioned this is my earlier thread on Rafale, I had a bunch of Indians jump me saying the MMRCA was not for Mig-21, but for mig-23 and mig-25, which I can only snicker at.

So, we are looking at 5-6 year process?

Back
Top Bottom