What's new

Field Marshal Raheel Sharif

Arif Nizami gave a breaking news.

On 14 August or 6 September, Gen. Raheel Sharif is going to be announced and promoted by federal government as FIELD MARSHAL.
Means he will continue.

I think he should not take it let other guy deal them

Is this true? Or is he speaking nonsense? RS already stated he didn't want an extension. Why would he be field marshal?

If this is true he will be the 2nd Field Marshal in Pakistani history.

It may be that RS would be promoted to feild marshal and will continue to serve as army cheif whereas a lt gen may get promotion to gen for the position of VCOAS but the only problem is this COAS cant be senior than CJSC

My guess...

Gen. Raheel Sharif will retire as planned, and then go to the Middle East to do something (e.g. take up a post in the Saudi coalition). In 2018, the newly elected government will invite Raheel Sharif to serve as President.

My guess...

Gen. Raheel Sharif will retire as planned, and then go to the Middle East to do something (e.g. take up a post in the Saudi coalition). In 2018, the newly elected government will invite Raheel Sharif to serve as President.

Sounds probable.

My guess...

I beg to disagree with both

In 2018, the newly elected government will invite Raheel Sharif to serve as President.

Ok that sounds pretty peculiar. Who would give up the presidency/Prime ministry? And in a country like Pakistan. All those main stream parties stoop to any level and ready to do anything to win the election and loot the nation. And you believe they will offer current COAS to become president?
Doesn't sound logical.

Ok that sounds pretty peculiar. Who would give up the presidency/Prime ministry? And in a country like Pakistan. All those main stream parties stoop to any level and ready to do anything to win the election and loot the nation. And you believe they will offer current COAS to become president?
Doesn't sound logical.
Answer to your question lies in your own post. Why would not any party like to have the blessing of a popular ex army chief in their ranks serving as the president which itself is an honorary post.

Last edited:
My guess...

Yeah unless you want to give heart attack to Nawaz and his cronies this aint happening.

Back
Top Bottom