What's new

FGFA / PAK-FA (T-50) Vs F-35 JSF

I wouldn't say PakFa is more advanced or powerful than F35. Its a different aircraft with a different strategy.

Where F22 and F35 would try to use stealth as its advantage, they would be compromising on maneuverability and weapon capacity.

PakFa gives up a bit of its stealth characteristics to gain more maneuverability and weapon capacity. It has a powerful radar and focuses more on detecting the other aircraft and negating their stealth advantage.

PakFa won't be anywhere near the JSF in stealth but would be able to detect it at distances where JSF would still be unaware about PakFa's position.

Also radar can be fooled by using RAM coatings and stealth design but IR signature is something that is unavoidable. These machines are burning fuel at an unbelievable rate, which emits an IR signature that no amount of technology can hide today.

Russia is very good with its IRST and believes it would be the next alternative to radar and its true since radar would be the tool of the past with 6th gen planes.

An improved IRST would be very potent tool to locate aircraft like F35 in air. Also IR guided missiles are evolving rapidly, they are way more maneuverable, which increases the chance of a kill. Also latest IR missiles like ASRAAM can differentiate a flare from a plane. If Russia work out an intelligent missile like this, then its game over for F35.

The biggest problem with JSF is that its grossly underpowered. With a thrust to weight ratio of 0.84, its really a lazy plane. PakFa is supposed to be powered by two engines of 175KN of thrust. Even if it is powered by AL41F with 157 KN of thrust, its thrust to weight ratio comes to be 1.22. If 175KN engines are used it would be upped to 1.4 Now that is POWER.

Overall the game is very interesting. The two fighters use different strategies for combat and only a real fight would be able to answer all our questions. But today, I would like to put my money on the PakFa. :smitten:

As far as I know from the Australian Report and the Design itself, F-35 is not much stealthier than the PAK-FA. The one that we have seen was a prototype tested to check its flying capabilities. I guess it didn't even retract its Landing Gear. So, please just don't casually denounce the PAK-FAs capabilities. Also, FGFA is more likely to be used, like other Indian Aircrafts, in a defensive role than an offensive role. Now, when its about coming into a country and attacking, Stealth is the key . But if its about being within in your country, stealth is useless, because the ground based Radars can easily detect planes like F-22 Raptor and so can Early Warning Aircrafts. So, keeping in mind the defencive policies of both Russia and India, FGFA/PAK-FAs stealth is just adequate unlike America's aggressive policies of invading other countries.

As far as I know from the Australian Report and the Design itself, F-35 is not much stealthier than the PAK-FA. The one that we have seen was a prototype tested to check its flying capabilities. I guess it didn't even retract its Landing Gear. So, please just don't casually denounce the PAK-FAs capabilities. Also, FGFA is more likely to be used, like other Indian Aircrafts, in a defensive role than an offensive role. Now, when its about coming into a country and attacking, Stealth is the key . But if its about being within in your country, stealth is useless, because the ground based Radars can easily detect planes like F-22 Raptor and so can Early Warning Aircrafts. So, keeping in mind the defencive policies of both Russia and India, FGFA/PAK-FAs stealth is just adequate unlike America's aggressive policies of invading other countries.
Its because Australians did not get the best version of the fighter!!

AWACS can not detect F22 at required ranges. The range at which AWACS detect is too close to be effective. F22 would have launched a missile with an easy lock on till the time AWACS would see F22.

Also F35 is not as bad as other would like to believe. It may be slow, ugly, lazy and not as exciting to fly as other planes but its stealth is good enough and better than PakFa.

If you go through the report again, its just the sluggishness that the pilots would complain about, not about the avionics or stealth.

No one knows PakFa's abilities till now and it doesn't matter if the landing gear was retracted or not because testing for the Radar observability is not done in the skies but on the ground, in an anechoic chamber, which is a room designed to reduce sound or electromagnetic interference to zero so that true rcs of an aircraft can be recorded.

Also RAM coatings are in use by US for a long time now since the days of F117. Russia hasn't used things like these till date and we can't expect them to come up with a miracle on the first attempt. This reminds me of how some Pak members think China's J10 is the best plane after F22. :lol:

So lets not be silly like them. Understand the things first. Then believe.

I disagree on the bolded part...Remember we joined FGFA program a little late...As far as russia is concerned they are building a plane specifically for raptor and thus more emphasis is on detecting raptor(like planes) vs stealth....As far as defensive policies is concerned then yes India has a defensive posture but defence doesn't mean you should not concentrate on offence....for example IAF doctorine is for Air Dominance unlike PA which talks about denying Air Superiority....Having said that PAK FA is more than good enough platform for our region even if the main motive of this programe is detect early than stay undetected...In the end its too early to talk about FGFA since not much info is out....

As far as I know from the Australian Report and the Design itself, F-35 is not much stealthier than the PAK-FA.
Please stop saying silly things like that.

The one that we have seen was a prototype tested to check its flying capabilities. I guess it didn't even retract its Landing Gear.
Then how can you make the assumption above?

So, please just don't casually denounce the PAK-FAs capabilities.
We questioned the claims.

Now, when its about coming into a country and attacking, Stealth is the key . But if its about being within in your country, stealth is useless, because the ground based Radars can easily detect planes like F-22 Raptor and so can Early Warning Aircrafts.
Please stop saying silly things like that. EM waves does not care on territorial sovereignty.

We can only compare the RCS of the PAK FA and F-35 after both are fully developed. However, I think the PAK FA will be able to detect the F-35 first.

Avionics:
The PAK-FA has several features of particular interest here. In the nose there is likely to be active electronically scanned array radar (AESA) as per F-22. This may actually have additional mechanical steering, although that would add weight. What’s virtually unique to the PAK-FA however is rear-facing radar in the tail. This too may be AESA and could simply be an additional array for the nose-mounted radar, or possibly a completely separate set.

PAK-FA_F22_Topviews_Radars.jpg

The PAK-FA therefore has true 360 degree coverage. Additionally the PAK-FA is thought to have L-Band radars mounted in the wing leading edges. These would have both passive and active emitting roles and may be the key to ‘seeing’ stealth aircraft such as the F-22. Alternatively these may be located in the wing LERX sides – the exact location is subject to some speculation.

PAK-FA_Cockpit_CompPhoto.jpg

The F-22’s stealth is generally optimized against X-band radars as that is what fighters generally use – L-Band is a much longer wavelength and can more easily detect stealth aircraft but is also less accurate -hence X-band radars are still used for routine intercept and virtually all fighters use X-Band.

Although the above article is a comparison of the PAK FA with the F-22, I think it will apply to the F-35 as well.

there they go again lol, the plane is not yet fully developed and they have started comparing it with a proven deadliest fighter in the world.. :disagree:

there they go again lol, the plane is not yet fully developed and they have started comparing it with a proven deadliest fighter in the world.. :disagree:
can u tell me how F22 is proven..?
has it engaged in any war and destroyed 100's aircraft..
don't be a F-22 fanboys..
get ur facts right:flame:::flame:
:bunny::bunny::rofl:
and F22 is deadliest...really..so it is officially dead now....:rofl:

PAKFA is no doubt a raptor killer, but in exports it directly competes with PAKFA .
So the comparison is good.
FGFA will be the best multirole fighter with jammers,stealth and strike features as good as JSF & Radar , payload, range greater than that of F-35 .

PAKFA is no doubt a raptor killer, but in exports it directly competes with PAKFA .
So the comparison is good.
FGFA will be the best multirole fighter with jammers,stealth and strike features as good as JSF & Radar , payload, range greater than that of F-35 .

PAKFA is better than the F-22? How? PAKFA is still in prototype stages :rolleyes:

yes sir Tejas home made radar by BSF will incorporate the very latest of Bluetooth technology....Ground Controllers can upload songs from Radar station directly into the Plane's computer and with transfer rate of 100kb per second that would be more than anything the pilot can ask for.

:chilli::hitwall::taz:

PAKFA is better than the F-22? How? PAKFA is still in prototype stages :rolleyes:
Hence i say PAKFA is good .
Even the prototype version currently can beat F35 easily in a dog fight .
More to be added
1.3D Thrust vectoring
2.Stealthy nozzles
3.Super Cruising Engines
4.Sensor Integration
5. Situational Awareness
6.Agility
7.RCS reduction
8.IR signature Reduction
9.360 Degree Coverage
10.Powerful Radars that detect Stealth aircrafts too at better range
11.High Speed Data Transfer Links