What's new

Russia sees IAF’s conspiracy to defame Pak-Fa

With the collapsing of the Indian economy. Maybe India have to scrap with PAKFA and Rafale. rely on LCA in large numbers instead. Good for GE if this is the case.

Wow, this is getting beyond belief. There is still not ONE official confirmation of EITHER the Rafale price escalation OR the IAF voicing serious displeasure in the PAK-FA (which is irrelevant anyway as the IAF will only be getting the FGFA).

Something that hasn't been questioned is what the IAF is thinking of as an alternative. They are a very pragmatic and professional force who know they need a 5th gen fighter beyond 2020 and they're not going to sabotage their only viable prospect of getting such a system right now when their version (the FGFA) is yet to even be seen nor when the final production model PAK-FA is not ready.

This is just sheer lunacy from the media- talk about creating something out of nothing.

Situation is :
recipes-sd-avial6.jpg

Avial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing's for sure, India cannot afford all 3 of FGFA, AMCA, Rafale. With Rafale now costing over 120 million a piece, AMCA would be the best bet. First flight can be as early as 2020.

Typhoon only forfills 70% of UK Needs. And the F35 is needed for the other 30% needs of stealth strike/mr roles

JUST LIKE MKI forfills 50% of india needs and the other 50% will me met by Tejas light multi role & Rafale MMRCA roles

Typhoon only forfills 70% of UK Needs. And the F35 is needed for the other 30% needs of stealth strike/mr roles

JUST LIKE MKI forfills 50% of india needs and the other 50% will me met by Tejas light multi role & Rafale MMRCA roles

Speaking of a Typhoon / F-35 combo, why hasn't Germany ordered any F-35? :crazy: Germany is a big user of Typhoon with 143 ordered.

Germany is not a naval power like UK and does not need F35 for a carrier like thye royal navy.

Germany will never use air power abroad like RAF will as part of nato or a usa intervention we know the brits will be their alongside usa right or wrong

If an obvious and urgent deal like MMRCA is delayed for so long by the Government, it's better that the Russians themselves delink Indian participation from FGFA and proceed further. :hitwall: We may take forever to indicate whether we really need the FGFA or not. Our vacuous stances on such important issues is simply mind-numbing.

With Tejas Mk 2 equipped with F414 engine set to fly let's say in the 2018 or 2019 time frame, I really do not see any need for Rafale. Personally, I'd go for FGFA as heavy and Tejas Mk 2 as light / medium. Invest in my own country rather than sending money to France. :p:

Self sufficiency is priority. Foreigners can't be relied on. Plus, when you buy engines from abroad, you have to keep spending money for spare parts. Rather than spending money to abroad, why not spend money on your own industry and keep the money in your own country, I always say? :p: I don't see Europeans going for American planes. They always use their own planes.

We are not talking about foreign, domestic engines.! But the best required to fly the fighter.! In that case, RD-93 is still superior to WS13!

Back
Top Bottom