What's new

Female activists scuffle with Istanbul police on Int'l Women’s Day (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

you can check the parameters .. bolivia is better than italy for example.
Except equality in politics, India fares worst in most parameters listed, so if you remove that we will probably be at bottom.
I am not surprized wrt japan, its a male dominaed society.
Its the cultural reason in case of Turkey, Japan and Korea, but c'mon how can they set Countrys with equal rights for Women and Man on par with the African states?

e5be4746e9fe0f2e7e3869ed1146ff92cc7cb7d4eb591310ba33bab7d8a37e23.jpg

Its the cultural reason in case of Turkey, Japan and Korea, but c'mon how can they set Countrys with equal rights for Women and Man on par with the African states?

e5be4746e9fe0f2e7e3869ed1146ff92cc7cb7d4eb591310ba33bab7d8a37e23.jpg
its not equal.. each country has ranks .. turkey ranks better than egypt but worse than ethiopia...
looks like they have more equality in politics and economics.

note this is about equality not access( to specific service).. .. for example turkey might have far better education but if there is more difference in education level of genders it will have worse rank.

of course bbc is not gospel, am just explaining the method. click on the link for more details.

its not equal.. each country has ranks .. turkey ranks better than egypt but worse than ethiopia...
looks like they have more equality in politics and economics.

note this is about equality not access to specific service.. but the difference in gender .. for example turkey might have far better education but if there is more difference in education level of genders it will have worse rank.

of course bbc is not gospel, am just explaining the method. click on the link for more details.
Seems like your right, but then again this shows that their methods are not accurate to show where women can live better.

Strange this BBC map, how can Turkey, Japan and South Korea be the same as african states?
plzz try to understand more women are doing jobs in middle east and Asia as compared to west, and only in Asia have women become PMs etc, Indra Gandhi for India, Benazir Bhutto for Pakistan and Hassena Wajid and Khalida Zia for Bangladesh, and one for Sri Lanka too, so west is almost all talk lol.

plzz try to understand more women are doing jobs in middle east and Asia as compared to west, and only in Asia have women become PMs etc, Indra Gandhi for India, Benazir Bhutto for Pakistan and Hassena Wajid and Khalida Zia for Bangladesh, and one for Sri Lanka too, so west is almost all talk lol.
You are talking about elites mate, dont compare them to the avarage joe.

For exsample Turkey had women's suffrage long before many European Countrys, also a Female leader before many European countrys, the first female fighter pilot in the world, and Turkey is second in the number of female CEO's in OECD Countrys.

Turkey ranks second in number of female CEOs - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

But the truth is the average woman in Europe has much better opportunitys than in Turkey.
Still Turkey cant be compared to African states like they are doing in this map...

You are talking about elites mate, dont compare them to the avarage joe.

For exsample Turkey had women's suffrage long before many European Countrys, also a Female leader before many European countrys, the first female fighter pilot in the world, and Turkey is second in the number of female CEO's in OECD Countrys.

Turkey ranks second in number of female CEOs - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

But the truth is the average woman in Europe has much better opportunitys than in Turkey.
Still Turkey cant be compared to African states like they are doing in this map...
that reminds me, we have female fighter pilots too, and puck that map, believe in your own heart

No offence, you know i like Pakistan but lets be honest, Women in muslim world generally have a much harder life than Men.

They do and Islam has got not much to do with it. Most Muslim societies are patriarchal in nature. This type of society does not believe women to human, let alone equal. In rural areas of Pakistan, this is evidenced more frequently.

Even in large cities, women have a tough time adjusting to life with them becoming focus of attention for everything.

They do and Islam has got not much to do with it. Most Muslim societies are patriarchal in nature. This type of society does not believe women to human, let alone equal. In rural areas of Pakistan, this is evidenced more frequently.

Even in large cities, women have a tough time adjusting to life with them becoming focus of attention for everything.
I never said its because of Islam, there are many muslim countrys with equal rights for Man and Woman.

There is still a significiant amount of woman abuse in Turkey(well like everywhere unfortunately), beating, raping, killing, treating them as sh.t, this mainly what they protest for.

But then this happens in western and developed countries too! Even here, in private conversations, women are considered objects. Its unfortunate but its a fact. And women too get to high positions by exposing, compromising their dignity. This is also a fact, unfortunately.

The more I have seen gender interaction in developed world, the more I have realized that here women have accepted their inferiority (if thats not a strong word) and adapted their life accordingly in a man's world.

But then this happens in western and developed countries too! Even here, in private conversations, women are considered objects. Its unfortunate but its a fact. And women too get to high positions by exposing, compromising their dignity. This is also a fact, unfortunately.

The more I have seen gender interaction in developed world, the more I have realized that here women have accepted their inferiority (if thats not a strong word) and adapted their life accordingly in a man's world.
NO THEY MUST NOT ACCEPT INFERIORITY.

Back
Top Bottom