What's new

Female activists scuffle with Istanbul police on Int'l Women’s Day (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

Well, polygaym itself is a big joke, i think most of us would say its immorally if a Women wanted multiple husbands right?
So why is the other way around not immorally for some people?
its a bit complex, ok this is what i understand, in the olden days, there was some sort of custom and culture of it, i dont know why, but it was, so people used to keep unlimited number of wives, like 5, 10 or 20. so then Islam came along, and discouraged it, Islam would have banned it altogether, but the down side would be where would all the women go who were ALREADY married, so about it the Quran said "If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess. That will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice." (Qur'an 4:3)
by that you can see it is greatly discouraged as it has clearly told you, THAT YOU CAN NEVER DO JUSTICE, and if Allah says it is suitable, then you MUST ACCEPT IT IS SUITABLE TO MARRY ONLY ONE

There is still a significiant amount of woman abuse in Turkey(well like everywhere unfortunately), beating, raping, killing, treating them as sh.t, this mainly what they protest for.
make a special force that can control these type of things? i mean who can give the judgement for rape or wife beating quickly and not make them wait for years

its a bit complex, ok this is what i understand, in the olden days, there was some sort of custom and culture of it, i dont know why, but it was, so people used to keep unlimited number of wives, like 5, 10 or 20. so then Islam came along, and discouraged it, Islam would have banned it altogether, but the down side would be where would all the women go who were ALREADY married, so about it the Quran said "If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess. That will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice." (Qur'an 4:3)
by that you can see it is greatly discouraged as it has clearly told you, THAT YOU CAN NEVER DO JUSTICE, and if Allah says it is suitable, then you MUST ACCEPT IT IS SUITABLE TO MARRY ONLY ONE

make a special force that can control these type of things? i mean who can give the judgement for rape or wife beating quickly and not make them wait for years
Permission to discuss requested....

*@Jf Thunder - No problem :)

Well, i dont look at it from the religious perstpective, we shouldnt discuss it, we are not schoolars.

All i can say is polygamy is a relict from old days, we should leave it behind us.

Well, i dont look at it from the religious perstpective, we shouldnt discuss it, we are not schoolars.

All i can say is polygamy is a relict from old days, we should leave it behind us.
well that was what i was trying to say, you just did a one liner and me a one paragrapher

Well you're right. Turkish women are much better off than middle eastern or south Asian women. I guess they want to reach the european levels of equality between the sexes. Their standards are higher, so to speak.
women are still not equal in west but they are quite far ahead in equality.
kazakhstan and mongolia are interesting cases

BBC News - Where’s the best place to be a woman?
100_maps_overall690.gif

Strange this BBC map, how can Turkey, Japan and South Korea be the same as african states?
you can check the parameters .. bolivia is better than italy for example.
Except equality in politics, India fares worst in most parameters listed, so if you remove that we will probably be at bottom.
I am not surprized wrt japan, its a male dominaed society.

Back
Top Bottom