What's new

Faulty Indian Ammo Damages First Artillery Guns (M777 howitzer) Imported In 3 Decades

The myth of SOUPAPOWA unravels, Made in India is a failure, and everyone is to blame except indians!! I'm loving it! Keep it up

don't know you are blind or just being stupid. take the cooments from Indians right from the page 1

Now let's see if our corrupt generals are gonna cite the same "barrel burst" reason to further delay the induction of Dhanush.

is he blaming American generals ?
LOL Slap on the face of those Who Were Criticizing Dhanush Howitzer project after similar misfire . in recent trial

Poor quality Of Ammunition shells are reason for this Similar problem was faced by bofors during user trials

OFB Ammo production are good for nothing It should Be given to private firms Which are liable to quality And Accountability

is he blaming Chinese production quality here ?
OFB,HAL are nothing more than blood sucking leeches.

OFB & HAL are Pakistani organizations ?

who are these Indians blaming ?

its your insecurity which compelled u to troll.

how come every incompetence related incident in india is a common phenomenon?

How this humiliating ?? again

Barrel burst is common phenomenon in Artillery Such occurrence our common When you stretch Cannon to there Limits in trial ??

The myth of SOUPAPOWA unravels, Made in India is a failure, and everyone is to blame except indians!! I'm loving it! Keep it up
As far as Pak is concerned, it's like "don't warn your enemy when he's making mistakes". Looks like India has a long way to go. Industrial product development is linear in fashion. And, Quality Assurance, Product Reliability etc. follow even slower pace!!! You have to be maniac, like the Japs, in these regads!!!!

Isnt this is the M777A2 which is compatible with 1A upgrade?

Also was it HE ammo round?

Yes, they are compatible and it was HE ammo round. It is unlikely they had gone above the prescribed strength.

The initial report suggests that only a few rounds were used, which makes it more worrying because the typical life of this barrel should be anywhere between 200-1000.

On a different forum, someone suggested that since they are doing trial and possibility of 'Firing till Breakdown' was in place. After a bit of digging, I haven't found anything plausible that suggests about 'Frie till Breakdown' trail being used by forces. Also, it doesn't make sense to destroy such a priced gun.

Sorry I will write more...gotta go..

Indian OFB's at their best......
The Gun has malfunctioned earlier too, before blaming OFB rounds there should be an enquiry.
There have been at least 3 major US military incidents with the M-777, in 2011,14 & 17. One in Australia in 2014.

Last edited:
Lol.... Your obsessions mentioned here has nothing to do with nationality.... but individual preference.....
Your silly "LOL" won't change a fact. Keep it up indian on a Pakistani forum. Do you see Pakistanis on Indian forums? NO. BECAUSE They have self respect and dignity, something you will actually need a dictionary to figure out.

Welcome back, where have you been?
Thank You, busy with life.

The Dhanush howitzer failed because its poorly made indian junk

The M777 failed because you tried to fire it using poorly made indian junk

Dhanush, indian made artillery shells, Arjun, insas, rustom, Akash, Tejas

Its all the same indian made crap

Just handing production to private firms will do nothing as long as they are indian firms making indian junk privately

What to do man we are no gifted like Pakistan to have there wont be a single missile test failure , tanks ,non crashing fighter jets and an world class indigenous rifles but Somehow an Indian made junk went till mars and worldwide the Indian made junk is used as a launch vehicle . Now with regards to this ammunition the below news should give you an idea about the work culture of these OFB's and with the clean up going on coupled with more private participation the issue would be solved

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...cks-13-ordnance-factory-officers-1650907.html

Yes, they are compatible and it was HE ammo round. It is unlikely they had gone above the prescribed strength.

The initial report suggests that only a few rounds were used, which makes it more worrying because the typical life of this barrel should be anywhere between 200-1000.

On a different forum, someone suggested that since they are doing trial and possibility of 'Firing till Breakdown' was in place. After a bit of digging, I haven't found anything plausible that suggests about 'Frie till Breakdown' trail being used by forces. Also, it doesn't make sense to destroy such a priced gun.

Sorry I will write more...gotta go..

I think it was the 5th round in the sequence.

Was it the firing mechanism or the round itself was of low quality?

There was also a report of calibration being done to use the locally made rounds to make a standard setting for the new guns which is why if the round wasnt faulty then:
1. is it the procedure of calibration which was not carried out correctly?
2. Was calibration being done and re-done for every round ? (this being the 5th round)

And, they wanna simultaneousy fight 2.5 wars!!! And, the Pentagon boys want them to checkmate OBOR at it's origin!!!!!! Looks like even "Kung-fu" kicks are too much!!!!!!!

That shows the confidence we have on our neighbors products despite we having full of junks :D:D

Back
Top Bottom