What's new

Fatwa cannot be forced upon people, Indian Supreme Court rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt that what the supreme court just issued? Doesnt forced upon people come in the same terms of crimes?

No. What I am saying is that; even if a cleric issues death threat in the name of fatwa, and doesn't force people to follow it, it should still be considered as a criminal offence punishable by law.

Any idea whether they upped the bounty ? I could do with a few million US$ as spare change in my bank account :D

I don't think so lol but I read somewhere that they was like they cannot repeal the fatwa because Khomeini is dead and only the issuer can repeal. So in theory you can still collect lol.

No. What I am saying is that; even if a cleric issues death threat in the name of fatwa, and doesn't force people to follow it, it should still be considered as a criminal offence punishable by law.

In medieval times only the Caliph himself could issue fatwas meaning it was a power belonging to the sovereign, only recently all these village idiots think they can go around issuing death sentences. I support India arresting clerics who issue such fatwas.

Agreed...I thought the supreme court added that to the bill ....but if not it should be!

I thought this was already the case.

Can anybody show a example of muslim cleric issuing fatwa about raping a village girl because she love hindu but there are lots of khap fatwas which did issue and implemented such fatwas and supreme court cannot do sh$$.

Muslim cleric don't have power or means to implement like khap panchayat which always comes in news for wrong reason .

Sharia court is fundamental right of muslim for freedom of religion and look who is filling the PIL in supreme court Evil Yindoo:rofl:

Are you really thick? How did that sound? :angel: Damn you...was that good?
There was a comma between damn and you. Figure out what it means then.

In medieval times only the Caliph himself could issue fatwas meaning it was a power belonging to the sovereign, only recently all these village idiots think they can go around issuing death sentences. I support India arresting clerics who issue such fatwas.

So in medeival times, was the caliph's fatwa merely his opinion, as @Talon is trying to pretend? Or did it have coercive power?

Can anybody show a example of muslim cleric issuing fatwa about raping a village girl because she love hindu but there are lots of khap fatwas which did issue and implemented such fatwas and supreme court cannot do sh$$.

Muslim cleric don't have power or means to implement like khap panchayat which always comes in news for wrong reason .

Sharia court is fundamental right of muslim for freedom of religion and look who is filling the PIL in supreme court Evil Yindoo:rofl:

Well, rape fatwas have been issued for plenty of other reasons, if that counts.
Fatwa Permits Rape of Syrian Women
New Fatwa permits rape of non-Sunni women in Syria

And this in Indian Kashmir, where the first all female band had to quit after a fatwa:
All-Girl Rock Band Breaks Up After Fatwa Triggers Threats Of Rape And Violence

good decision.
fatwas are a menace.

People have issues here when someone says that a fatwa needs to be taken seriously and must be carried out and then they even have a problem when somebody tells them the opposite(personal experience). All they think is that they are being outmanoeuvred if someone tries to explain the idea. So stick to your limited knowledge on the subject since its all about point scoring here.

People have issues here when someone says that a fatwa needs to be taken seriously and must be carried out and then they even have a problem when somebody tells them the opposite(personal experience). All they think is that they are being outmanoeuvred if someone tries to explain the idea. So stick to your limited knowledge on the subject since its all about point scoring here.
To repeat...fatwas have actually caused irreparable damage to people's lives. There are thousands of examples. It is not about point scoring. The Indian Supreme Court does not opine on matters for point scoring. They do so when there is a matter of great social importance at play.

To repeat...fatwas have actually caused irreparable damage to people's lives. There are thousands of examples. It is not about point scoring. The Indian Supreme Court does not opine on matters for point scoring. They do so when there is a matter of great social importance at play.

You misconstrued I wasn't referring to the court but people who comment on the forum. Telling them the real significance of a fatwa leads to a headache because they don't want their preconceived notions countered.

Are we turning into a nation of retards? Feel surprised that such a simple case even had to go to the Supreme Court to make a decision. Anyone with half a brain knows that in a democratic secular country like India, you take your fatwa and shove it up your a$$, surprised the Supreme Court even had to make a decision on such a straightforward case.
I don't think it was a decision, it was merely a clarification.

You misconstrued I wasn't referring to the court but people who comment on the forum. Telling them the real significance of a fatwa leads to a headache because they don't want their preconceived notions countered.
As I explained innumerable times to talon, ''real meaning'' or ''real significance'' doesn't really matter, what matters is what fatwas are in the real world, and what they do. Word origins and etymology is not important. If 'fatwa' means 'opinion', we are all prepared to agree that it means opinion. But everybody here is more concerned with what fatwas are in practice. It is not for point scoring, for us either.

at least one understood.........this is all a hindoo baniya conspiracy,,,,,,be afraid,,,be very afraid..:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom