What's new

Fatwa cannot be forced upon people, Indian Supreme Court rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Videos can be posted to prove that he would have been killed had he not run for his life. Don't embarrass yourself please sir. :disagree:

Well, were he an expert in Islam as he tried to show himself he would have pushed for such a bill in the supreme court about what a fatwah really is...but obviously he was a big fraud....

Plus, I think Muslims in India live on fatwahs, the no. of fatwahs issued in India can be equated to those issued in Saudi + Africa :blink: so maybe he was in trouble coz of the misconception of the word....

Or maybe he saw his ticket out of India...He is even knighted now, right?

yes,...
but the mob is encouraged, disillusioned and fed by the clerics.......this is where the problem starts...:coffee:
People should at least do their homework...That is where the prob starts when they dont...and get spoon fed!

Well, were he an expert in Islam as he tried to show himself he would have pushed for such a bill in the supreme court about what a fatwah really is...but obviously he was a big fraud....

Plus, I think Muslims in India live on fatwahs, the no. of fatwahs issued in India can be equated to those issued in Saudi + Africa :blink: so maybe he was in trouble coz of the misconception of the word....

Or maybe he saw his ticket out of India...He is even knighted now, right?
To be really honest, he could have got a Nobel had he bashed Hindus or Sikhs etc. But let's not get into the details. It's a good judgement and apparently you also welcome it. There will be some differences in opinion, but that's all right to me. :) Peace sir :tup:

To be really honest, he could have got a Nobel had he bashed Hindus or Sikhs. But let's not get into the details. It's a good judgement and apparently you also welcome it. There will be some differences in opinion, but that's all right to me. :) Peace sir :tup:
you brought that fraud in...not me...I dont see noble prices being offered to Religion bashers esp by people who have no basic knowledge of the religion.....just shows what a fraud he was....exposed big time!

And yes supreme court made a good choice...no doubt!

:agree:

Thats what you get from people who dont understand Islam at all and publish rubbish books "claiming" to know Islam when they know not even the basic meaning of fatwah! Silly is the right word!
The point is that one fatwah from an ayatollah (the founder of a country, by the way...not a nobody in a remote village in UP) meant that his life was in real danger, and people were ready to kill him. So don't pretend that fatwas are mere 'opinions' that we are taking too seriously. The fact is that fatwas, whether they are opinions or not, have real world consequences.

Fatwas can kill and injure and otherwise destroy lives. Opinions don't. So don't give us a lecture about fatwas being harmless little opinion pieces in sunday magazines.

People should at least do their homework...That is where the prob starts when they dont...and get spoon fed!
I do not want to go in details of it...
I also live in this world and see things....he was from my country and have seen how clerics add fuel to the fire and disillusion people....

The point is that one fatwah from an ayatollah (the founder of a country, by the way...not a nobody in a remote village in UP) meant that his life was in real danger, and people were ready to kill him. So don't pretend that fatwas are mere 'opinions' that we are taking too seriously. The fact is that fatwas, whether they are opinions or not, have real world consequences.

Honestly speaking I have no idea what an ayatollah is ayat means verse and Ollah usually is of God....so a fatwah from word of God really means BS to me....

Maybe UP needs to be educated on basics....

I dont need to pretend...go ask any Arabic speaker and he will tell you the meaning of the word....now dont blame me if Muslims in India changed the meaning of the word....that is not my problem...I am just telling you the mere meaning of the word...

As for consequences that depends on how much 1 understands them....

Fatwas can kill and injure and otherwise destroy lives. Opinions don't. So don't give us a lecture about fatwas being harmless little opinion pieces in sunday magazines.

You see your problem here...You people think you have a PhD in everything hence no one can teach you the reality- Even things you dont know the basic meaning of! No one can help one who thinks he knows all the knowledge of the world.... :tsk:

I do not want to go in details of it...
I also live in this world and see things....he was from my country and have seen how clerics add fuel to the fire and disillusion people....
This is why I always say do your homework so no one can take you for a ride! Clerics in our rural areas do the same....but many are not successful in the educated parts....hence the differences between blind believe and educated people!

Mob injustice, rather.

By the way, the ruler of a nation ordering his followers to kill somebody is not exactly mob justice/injustice. It is murder.
Your ruler is your PM not some mad Mullah....Have you seen how many times PDF Pakistanis call Mullahs mad...now you know why....

Honestly speaking I have no idea what an ayatollah is ayat means verse and Ollah usually is of God....so a fatwah from word of God really means BS to me....

Maybe UP needs to be educated on basics....

I dont need to pretend...go ask any Arabic speaker and he will tell you the meaning of the word....now dont blame me if Muslims in India changed the meaning of the word....that is not my problem...I am just telling you the mere meaning of the word...

As for consequences that depends on how much 1 understands them....

You see your problem here...You people think you have a PhD in everything hence no one can teach you the reality- Even things you dont know the basic meaning of! No one can help one who thinks he knows all the knowledge of the world.... :tsk:

Right right, keep saying you know everything and we don't. But the fact is that fatwas have destroyed lives, and you will not be able to intellectualize that inconvenient fact away. I don't need a phd in religious studies to make this observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom