What's new

Face It Bollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bollwood movies in general epitomize the general dilution indians have about their appearance. I mean, they never show people that look like real indians, everything is about colour and being fair to them and showing people with very non-indian like features.

Listen, there is nothing wrong with being darker skin or looking like an ''indian''. But Bollywood refuses to show what real indians look like. Main actors and actresses look nothing like 98% of indians.

I know someone's gonna mention that there are people that look like that in india and bring up the issues or pics of Sikhs (less than 3% of india's population; many of whom btw, are ''Mohajir's'' from Pakistan in 1947) and Brahmins (less than 4%). An anology would be if Pakistan made movies and only put people from Hunza or Chitral with blonde hair and blue eyes and said thats reflective of all Pakistani's; dont like that anology, well how abt if Iranian movies cast all their lead actors/actress the Turkomen north east of the country and gave the impression that all Iranians looked Central Asian with slighltly oriental eyes.

Fact of the matter is, we're not trying to bash or anything, but there is something very odd about Bollywood and the continuing dilutional image its broadcasting. Something very odd is happening there. It is very reflective of indians in general. Look at indian matrimonial ads, ''looking for tall, fair....'' lets just stop right there, you get my point, hopefuly. no pun intended.

There is no Sikh race,its a religion ...so Sikhs and Hindus of Indian Punjab are closely related by caste or ethnicity to Hindus,Muslims even Christians living neighboring states of Hariyana,Himachal, NCR Delhi,Uttarakhand etc ...basically north India which is a large religion.

While Brahmins are related to varying extent live across India,so u'll find some very fair south Indian Brahmin resembling a Kashmir pundit rather other most Tamils in his neighborhood.

Okay, now this man an upper cast Hindu , a former minister and from state of kerela .Most Keralites don't look like him ,but in broader scheme of things he looks like handsome uppercase Hindu who could be from any part of India.

But Bollywood refuses to show what real Indians look like. Main actors and actresses look nothing like 98% of Indians

Like most things in India,Bollywood or related media is dominated by upper caste Hindus (Brahmins,Bania,kshatriya), north Indian Muslims and the people who work in it represent that section .
Though numerically this group is minority ,but do constitute more than 40% of Indian population which is extremely large number itself.
So to say,Bollywood don't represents 98% of Indian is nonsesene and figment of ur imagination.

edhaar keya chal raha hein? mein bhi mera pasand wali kuch heroine ki photo post kar deta hoon.......... :bunny:

anushka-sharma.jpg

2h5l56x.jpg

2yvrx1l.jpg

prz.jpg

PreityZintaNessWadia20Sep2007IANSB.jpg

edhaar keya chal raha hein? mein bhi mera pasand wali kuch heroine ki photo post kar deta hoon.......... :bunny:

anushka-sharma.jpg

2h5l56x.jpg

2yvrx1l.jpg

prz.jpg

PreityZintaNessWadia20Sep2007IANSB.jpg

Now how come no indian here in US where I live looks like that, and believe me theres a lot of indians where i live.

Omar 1984 is back again after he was banned for highly racist post on some other thread. It makes me wonder how many indian member like Vdoc are never allowed to come back after small incidents but people like Omar are allowed to return after huge huge crimes. His highly racist and demeaning post on this thread and on others should be good enough for him to earn a lifelong ban but surprisingly he manages to stay on. Very sad indeed.

Is that all you indians can do CRY about everything.

CRY ME A RIVER desiman :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Now how come no indian here in US where I live looks like that, and believe me theres a lot of indians where i live.

Thats your problem. If you wanna see some good looking Indians find them. Lol do you expect the Indians to show that to you.

Lol if Indians were so ugly looking they might never had so many beauty pageants. Now these ladies also come from the same Indian class where everone belongs. this does not mean that we dont have Indians who are ugly look wise. there are ...... at the same time there are good looking Indians. the pics above are not of aliens or someone imported from overseas.

The before picture was when she was probably 13 or less.

Internet is full **** heads and worse are those who buy such claims.

Yes we all look different from when we were kids, but we dont look like a different race.

Aishwarya Rai is the Michael Jackson of india, she looks like a different race compared to her childhood pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats your problem. If you wanna see some good looking Indians find them. Lol do you expect the Indians to show that to you.

Lol if Indians were so ugly looking they might never had so many beauty pageants. Now these ladies also come from the same Indian class where everone belongs. this does not mean that we dont have Indians who are ugly look wise. there are ...... at the same time there are good looking Indians. the pics above are not of aliens or someone imported from overseas.

Yes maybe the only good looking indians are in india and they exported all the unattractive ones here in USA. Theres 3 million indians here in US by the way, the city where I live is full of them. I see them everyday, none of the indians look like those indians that indian members have posted in this page.

I smell something burning :D

Jealous, Omar? I don't blame you. I am jealous of Abhishek Bachchan as well.

P.S.: Even I haven't seen Preity Zinta or Aishwarya Rai in real life. They are a figment of Indian imagination I tell you.

Naaaaahhhhh, I see through you. You are joking right? See, I got your joke. You don't want to look like Farid Zakaria, you want to look like:

See, I know your secret ;).

Yes maybe the only good looking indians are in india and they exported all the unattractive ones here in USA. Theres 3 million indians here in US by the way, the city where I live is full of them. I see them everyday, none of the indians look like those indians that indian members have posted in this page.

well Omar its your problem if you are not able to find. I have my frens back in US who are quite smart and handsome along with some chicks of my group. If you are in a slum i am not sure that you will find any good looking Indians because of unhygienic conditions.

At the end of the day what matters is that we have a very high no of paegents in our pocket. and the events at the national level like miss India involves world wide broadcasts as well as investment from major players.

The size of the bollywood industry itself defines the way we are. ok you can find 1 or 2 cases where one single guy is good but you cannot have a full industry running over it and that successfully for the national as well as international consumption.

Apart from bollywood the story moves to the regional film industry.

well Omar its your problem if you are not able to find. I have my frens back in US who are quite smart and handsome along with some chicks of my group. If you are in a slum i am not sure that you will find any good looking Indians because of unhygienic conditions.

There are no slums in the US. Dont compare US to india, i know you indians love doing that but theres no comparison. US is still the wealthiest country on earth and people here are rich.

As for indian women, I wish they looked like the women that indians have posted in page 14. It would be good for me if they did, but they dont.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom