What's new

Fabulous watch ticks loud in NA

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Political sparring in the parliament is timeless but a PPP MNA chose a real watch to pour scorn on the national budget presented by the newly-elected government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

“What else one can expect from a party whose leaders are fond of wearing such expensive personal items,” MNA Shazia Marri said in the National Assembly on Monday, ridiculing the budget and alluding to a $4.6 million watch worn by an unnamed PML-N leader.

She said the budget was not pro-people and had been prepared for the rich.

Her disclosure of the expensive wristwatch astonished everyone in the house, including the Speaker.

In her budget speech, she also compared PPP’s what she claimed pro-poor budgets over the last five years to that of the PML-N government.

Deploring the federal budget, Ms Marri said it seemed to have been prepared only to cater to the needs of the rich industrialists of the country.

In a state of disbelief, Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq interjected, seeking a clarification from Ms Marri if she had mentioned the price of the watch in rupees or American dollars. In response, Ms Marri said she had done research on the price tag of the watch which cost 4.6 million dollars. “Then the owner of the watch must have got it adequately insured,” commented the speaker.

It was not only the speaker, Ms Marri’s colleagues sitting across the aisle and mediapersons in the press gallery also got surprised with the claim.

A colleague sitting in the press gallery immediately calculated the price in Pakistan rupees and put the figure at Rs455 million. If it’s true, it makes a huge story, said a senior journalist.

“This is unbelievable. How come one can wear such a costly watch,” said a PML-N MNA when he asked about the claim made by Ms Marri.—Khawar Ghumman

Fabulous watch ticks loud in NA - DAWN.COM

ah that mature guy !! :azn:
@nuclearpak @Jazzbot

Last edited by a moderator:
Political sparring in the parliament is timeless but a PPP MNA chose a real watch to pour scorn on the national budget presented by the newly-elected government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

“What else one can expect from a party whose leaders are fond of wearing such expensive personal items,” MNA Shazia Marri said in the National Assembly on Monday, ridiculing the budget and alluding to a $4.6 million watch worn by an unnamed PML-N leader.

She said the budget was not pro-people and had been prepared for the rich.

Her disclosure of the expensive wristwatch astonished everyone in the house, including the Speaker.

In her budget speech, she also compared PPP’s what she claimed pro-poor budgets over the last five years to that of the PML-N government.

Deploring the federal budget, Ms Marri said it seemed to have been prepared only to cater to the needs of the rich industrialists of the country.

In a state of disbelief, Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq interjected, seeking a clarification from Ms Marri if she had mentioned the price of the watch in rupees or American dollars. In response, Ms Marri said she had done research on the price tag of the watch which cost 4.6 million dollars. “Then the owner of the watch must have got it adequately insured,” commented the speaker.

It was not only the speaker, Ms Marri’s colleagues sitting across the aisle and mediapersons in the press gallery also got surprised with the claim.

A colleague sitting in the press gallery immediately calculated the price in Pakistan rupees and put the figure at Rs455 million. If it’s true, it makes a huge story, said a senior journalist.

“This is unbelievable. How come one can wear such a costly watch,” said a PML-N MNA when he asked about the claim made by Ms Marri.—Khawar Ghumman

Fabulous watch ticks loud in NA - DAWN.COM

ah that mature guy !! :azn:
@nuclearpak @Jazzbot

Mazari should better hope this claim is true other wise it would bring huge insult to her and PTI

Mazari should better hope this claim is true other wise it would bring huge insult to her and PTI

Murri not Mazari.

4.6 million $???

Seems BS to me. 4.6 million rupees is much more believable.

haha o garib admi, I too thought the same when I first heard about it...but then I checked

Louis Moinet time of Switzerland... some of its wrist watches cost more than 25 million dollars.

check prices :lol:

haha o garb admi, I too thought the same when I first heard about it...but then I checked

Louis Moinet time of Switzerland... some of its wrist watches cost more than 25 million dollars.

check prices :lol:

WTF!:blink:

tumblr_inline_mkskco1MMx1qz4rgp.gif

Good on Marri. PPP again working for the people! Now let's hope Nawaz pays tax on it

Donno about whether this is true or not, but this is the image surfacing around on internet..

BL_dI_-CUAA5Hfj.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/mtanvira/status/342235243375382528

louismoinetmeteoriswatch_286481.jpg

Louis Moinet “Meteoris” Watch
Price: $4,599,487

Louis Moinet

PS: Again, nothing confirmed as of yet..

do u remember how IKs sunglasses dat he usd to wear durin julsas,made a news by PMLN dat its very expensiv den a person said dat IK bought it frm saudia durin umrah visit frm local shops....n dat person wz wid him when he bought it....he told thm da shop/stall frm where IK bought it

it was a very cheap just of few riyals

Most Ferrari's are way way way way way cheaper than that.....you could probably get a full set in different colors for USD4.5Mil :D

Well I have seen watches that are REALLY expensive in Oman (croc and snake skin and diamond and all)...but 4.6 million $!!!!! I could get a Ferrari for that!

NS's first NA speech after becoming PM, in which he is allegedly wearing $4.6 million worth wrist watch. The video quality is poor, found this video over internet. I'm in office so can't view this 30 minutes long video. Can someone please watch it and tell if something conclusive is visible about the watch or not? Also if someone can find a better quality video / picture of his first speech??

@Zarvan @Leader @nuclearpak

Back
Top Bottom