What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

Side note: At least the Chinese Q5s had ONE single internal bay for carrying a single nuke.
images-0310.jpeg
In PAF it was used for internal fuel.

Hi if F7pg if still around after 5/7 years it’s better to give them some more rock & roll feeling with something like SD10 kind of magic I think it’s possible for F7 to fire SD10 with upgrades guided by further with the help of awacs so in this scenario they can be another M3/M5 for PAF though if someone can dig out the usaf briefing between USA & IAF red flags officer on briefing was more concerned about mig21 bisons as compare to SU30MKi
so yea I think give them some nice upgrades similar to bison on near to bison then F7Pg can be a lethal force in the shadows of JF17s
may be someone with more knowledge can put up something against my post
thank you

A F-7PG vs Tejas, Mig-29 or Mirage-2000 would be a turkey shoot (and not a turkey shoot in favor of F-7PG ).
If a point defense with F-7PG is worth performing or not; that depends on how many F-7PGs are PAF willing to lose on that day.
Will disagree with your assessment, point defense fighter emerging out of ground clutter has 50% chance. Unless you are talking about Iraq vs USAF, which is not the case here. This is pretty much what Abhi was trying to do, but in the most stupid imaginable way.
briefing between USA & IAF red flags officer on briefing was more concerned about mig21 bisons as compare to SU30MKi

True, Bison with proper strategy has 50% chance, MKI is just a large sitting duck as far as USAF is concerned.

Last edited:
Will disagree with your assessment, point defense fighter emerging out of ground clutter has 50% chance.

A 50% attrition rate means that all 46 of F-7PGs would be gone within a week of an all out war.

The BVR missiles which would be employed in next conflict involving South-East Asia would be more advanced than AIM-120 versions used by USAF in 2003.

.... and small F-7PG may be a nimble beast but I don't think PAF has ever tested it agianst an high-off boresight WVR missile with HMD assited launch.

Last edited:
A 50% attrition rate means that all 46 of F-7PGs would be gone within a week of an all out war.

The BVR missiles which would be employed in next conflict involving South-East Asia would be more advanced than AIM-120 versions used by USAF in 2003.

.... and small F-7PG may be a nimble beast but I don't think PAF has ever tested it agianst an high-off boresight WVR missile with HMD assited launch.
No it was not.
As I had said long time, HMS was offered over 25yrs plus and there should have been an attempt to get it in. It is not just a matter of getting HMS - but you need to also have the weapon with a moving seeker.
If PG was equiped with these, WVR - all bets are off against F-16s/Bisons

Give the PG a datalink for cooperative targeting using SD-10 and on the first day of war it will have the best K/D ratio of all offensive assets in PAF inventory. That will be a heck of a surprise for the enemy. Sort of thing that is easy to keep under wraps till all hell breaks lose.

One Of The first Ever Female Fighter Pilot Of Pakistan Air Force In The Cockpit Of F-7P Fighter Aircraft, Getting Ready For Take Off At Operational Conversion Unit, PAF Base, Mianwali - 17 March 2008.

1618491525336.png

I don't think so.

The aircraft that took part was:

F16
Jf17
Mirage III
Mirage 5
Saab 2000 erieye
Falco DA20

No f7.
F7 were not part of operations, but were up in air fields protecting important installation at that time

Back
Top Bottom