What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

F-7P

1619037977390.png

Very capable aircraft. PLAAF had contracted Western instructor pilots and a former PAF pilot to establish a course syllabus for their air force.
Absolutely nonsense. PLAAF much early root trace to Soviet instructor. With Soviet aid gone. The rest is on China chart is own. There is never western instructor for PLAAF.

Absolutely nonsense. PLAAF much early root trace to Soviet instructor. With Soviet aid gone. The rest is on China chart is own. There is never western instructor for PLAAF.
I personally know a few of them. They instructed on the FTC-2000 and wrote a syllabus for it.

Cheers!!!

What cooperative targeting of BVR using AWACS? Even the Gripen advertises it. I dare say even Pakistan has it.
Cooperative targeting is something Pakistan has. Even fighters themselves, including JF-17 can pass target information to others aircraft for them to launch their missiles.

What PAF and Id say no other country bar ones operating AIM-120D have is that once the missile is launched from the source aircraft, which can then turn away or focus on a different target ... midcourse guidance is provided through the AWACS. That is something we don't have.

I see.

Imagine you go to this exact spot and start digging to see the mig 21, but there is nothing there because the IAF already beat you to it.
they will claim it was abhinandan's jet , went way off course.
Mig-21/F-7 are best used as point defence interceptors. No point in trying to upgrade them if they are nearing the end of their service life.
IAF thought it could keep 21s relevant by adding BVR capability , R-73,77 etc. Too many limitations in terms of fuel it can carry , small nose cone (small radar) the list goes on . why do they deploy Mig-21s in front line if they have 270+ Su-30s ?

Last edited:
they will claim it was abhinandan's jet , went way off course.
Mig-21/F-7 should are best used as point defence interceptors. No point in trying to upgrade them if they are nearing the end of their service life.
IAF thought it could keep 21s relevant by adding BVR capability , R-73,77 etc. Too many limitations in terms of fuel it can carry , small nose cone (small radar) the list goes on . You do they deploy Mig-21s in front line if they have 270+ Su-30s ?
Lol yea. Proof paf didn't shoot down abhinandan. He crashed in czech rep.

F7s will be a good interceptor against say iaf jaguars and other CAS aircraft I guess.

Also iaf mig 21 are canon fodder. That's all they are now.

Cooperative targeting is something Pakistan has. Even fighters themselves, including JF-17 can pass target information to others aircraft for them to launch their missiles.

What PAF and Id say no other country bar ones operating AIM-120D have is that once the missile is launched from the source aircraft, which can then turn away or focus on a different target ... midcourse guidance is provided through the AWACS. That is something we don't have.
So if I understand you right, PAF can only provide post-launch guidance by the launching aircraft. What is the use of cooperative targeting then? Initial targeting data given my 3rd party but then launching fighter needs to light up the target until AAM goes active (pit-bull).

Back
Top Bottom