What's new

F-35? We Want The LCA Navy: Indian Navy Chief

Firstly I am against the views of Navy should go for F-35 because of following reasons:-

1. F-35 will come with many limitation. It almost like a showpiece which you can show u possess but will not able to use in war with flexibility.

2. Cost of F-35 will be too high in today's world where every nation apart from US is looking for cheaper yet capable platforms.

3. Even if navy decides to go for F-35, they would not be getting it before 2025. By that time N-FGFA would be in a position to become a reality. I even believe that FGFA or PAKFA will be more capable platform than F-35.

4. F-35 has already run into problem, where it is facing problem to land on AC due to it's design issue where undercarriage is coming too close to deck while landing.(Though I don't remember the exact problem but can find and post the link later if someone is really interested.) And I really have concerned that problem might get bigger in future and US is just trying to hide it.

5. F-35 if ever be operated will be operated from the decks of IAC-2 which I don't see getting inducted before 2025. The possible date of induction was given 2027. And by this time even N-AMCA might get ready.

Navy has the most Successful Weapon Indigenous Development track Record . This is an example why . They won't Kick Local Products for fancy weapons . They will keep on Reiterating Development to bring it on Par . Other Branches of Defense should learn from it .

Do you really think that anyone would prefer a 4gen light fighter over a 5 gen stealth aircraft that beats the LCA in all parameters?
There are other reasons for his statement dont take it word by word.
Indian companies cant offer the same like long established defence firms of the west.

Do you really think that anyone would prefer a 4gen light fighter over a 5 gen stealth aircraft that beats the LCA in all parameters?
There are other reasons for his statement dont take it word by word.
Indian companies cant offer the same like long established defence firms of the west.

Dude at present all the navies are using 4th and 4.5th gen fighters. 5th gen fighters for navy will become reality only after 2020 and by 2025, N-AMCA will become reality. So for now navy also need cheaper platform like N-LCA.

Dude at present all the navies are using 4th and 4.5th gen fighters. 5th gen fighters for navy will become reality only after 2020 and by 2025, N-AMCA will become reality. So for now navy also need cheaper platform like N-LCA.

Thats what I meant with other reasons ;)

Sorry I didnt write it properly.

Thats what I meant with other reasons ;)

Sorry I didnt write it properly.

With all due respect India does not make complete naval systems, only the hulls and some subsystems like sonar in it's surface ships.

In the Kolkata class destroyers, the propulsion, radar and missiles are all foreign.

I am not trying to have a go here but that is the truth.

All journeys start with one small step.

With all due respect India does not make complete naval systems, only the hulls and some subsystems like sonar in it's surface ships.

In the Kolkata class destroyers, the propulsion, radar and missiles are all foreign.

So what? Does this take away from the lethality of the P-15As?? Does this mean the P-15A is not one of the meanest and most capable surface combatants sailing the seas?

No and NO.

Why do so many people seem to hold India to a higher standard- transforming into a nation with the capability to make cutting edge defence tech, these things are not done overnight! Does China not rip-off others' designs and pass them off as "indigenous"? Does Bangeldesh not import the majority of its defence hardware? Does not the UK, France,Germany and most nations??

Its likely that F-35b would be ready before naval LCA. Should India buy f-35b if this is the situation.

Firstly I am against the views of Navy should go for F-35 because of following reasons:-

1. F-35 will come with many limitation. It almost like a showpiece which you can show u possess but will not able to use in war with flexibility.

2. Cost of F-35 will be too high in today's world where every nation apart from US is looking for cheaper yet capable platforms.

3. Even if navy decides to go for F-35, they would not be getting it before 2025. By that time N-FGFA would be in a position to become a reality. I even believe that FGFA or PAKFA will be more capable platform than F-35.

4. F-35 has already run into problem, where it is facing problem to land on AC due to it's design issue where undercarriage is coming too close to deck while landing.(Though I don't remember the exact problem but can find and post the link later if someone is really interested.) And I really have concerned that problem might get bigger in future and US is just trying to hide it.

5. F-35 if ever be operated will be operated from the decks of IAC-2 which I don't see getting inducted before 2025. The possible date of induction was given 2027. And by this time even N-AMCA might get ready.

To answer 5. Would AMCA af version be available by that time. If there is no first flight by 2015, India is not getting it by 2027. As fr #4, are you serious bout making fun of F-35 when LCA has even more problems and developed for 30+ years!!

To answer 5. Would AMCA af version be available by that time. If there is no first flight by 2015, India is not getting it by 2027. As fr #4, are you serious bout making fun of F-35 when LCA has even more problems and developed for 30+ years!!

Your J-craps can't even fly with indigenous engines yet it doesn't deter you guys to brag about WS-what not :woot:

Your J-craps can't even fly with indigenous engines yet it doesn't deter you guys to brag about WS-what not :woot:

America has no j version of planes. Go talk to a Chinese guy.

With the same due respect, all of china's naval ships use German or Ukrainian propulsion - and nobody sells a missile or radar to china because it is under sanctions. That's the only reason that they have to make do with "indigenous" missile or radar, not because they are equal to mainstream navies.

If someone didn't know ... western countries do send naval propulsion systems to china by classifying them an non-military in nature and hence out of the sanctions.

I'm an American originally from Taiwan. But you guys would claim that I'm from China just because I'm from Taiwan. Is it because I gave my views on Indian defense.

It's not because you gave your views, but because you views are completely biased and you often have no clue about what you are talking, especially when it comes to Indian developments or defence requirements.

Back
Top Bottom