What's new

F-22 Raptor for India?

Do Americans are trolling us?

• Total voters
Why don't India buy the F-16IN, may be they get to buy the F-22 Raptor in the future. :P

That boat passed under the way bridge a long long while ago.

Total and unadulterated bullsh!t. The F-22 is a top secret platform with technology from Boeing's Phantom works' black project. Even America's closest ally Israel has not been given the F-22 for security reasons.

Secondly, the per unit cost and maintenance is so high that the Americans themselves have stopped it's production and capped it at 187 aircraft. At almost $200 million a pop (Rs1300 crores INR each) and huge life cycle costs, it would be the dumbest thing to do to purchase this weapon platform. It won't be cost effective at all.

The only thing is that we can tell China: My dick is bigger than yours!!

It's a planted story to shave off a few millions of off pakfa.

Not even Japan and Israel are allowed to have F-22. India would be allowed? I don't think so. o_O The only way India would be allowed to buy F-22 at 500 million per plane is India promising to fight war against America's enemies Russia and China.

Not even Japan and Israel are allowed to have F-22. India would be allowed? I don't think so. o_O The only way India would be allowed to buy F-22 at 500 million per plane is India promising to fight war against America's enemies Russia and China.
We hardly fight our own wars, why will we fight someone else's war...

the delay doesn't really concern me. it's whether the Pak-fa will live up to the hype of being 5th gen fighter.

you might just turn out to be modified Su-35S that costs $200 million a piece, operating costs in the area of Western fighter jets like the Typhoon/Rafale/Eagle, and a terrible availably rate.

:o:
Availability rate depends on the Moolah you spend on stocking spare parts of the fighter....BTW FYI Availability rate of Eurofighter and F 22 is poor then Su 30MKI....

★In spain only 6 out of 39 Eurofighter are operational.....Which makes their availability rate for spanish airforce at around 16%....

★In Germany only 8 out 109 Eurofighter were operational in 2014...which makes availability rate for German Airforce at around 7%....

lol, nope. They aren't even buying the raptor themselves. Production was halted a long time ago, and the cost of restarting the line is apparently not worth the effort of buying more F-22s.

Besides, the US won't even sell it to their closest allies, what makes anything think they'll sell to India?

i wish a more hypothetical situation analysis.
Suppose India gets Rafales in good numbers, FGFA just 60 and out of the blue with very remote probability F22 100 in numbers... Imagine IN also getting Rafale M and say F35 too.

What should be PAF/PN response?

@MastanKhan
Sir, i am sure this situation wont happen. But imagine if India signs the 3 agreements of LSA, CISMOA, BECA and gives USA abase permanently and in return gets these goodies like F22/35 and EMALs tech/ E2D Hawkeye etc etc.. all top of the line tech and extract a good price for some and some on pretext of military aid for base accommodation.

Even if its preposterous, lets suppose for a moment we firmly moved to western camp and supported by USA, France, UK and Germany... Normal cordial relationship with Russia but a much lesser extent from earlier USSR era relationship.

Such a heightened threat scenario of course will have imbalance effect but suppose all this is to make India as a puppet to take on China theme..

What do you think PAF/PN and GOP response should be? Do you think if you have free time, you could share an article on this.. It could be a good read and a good place to exchange and debate multiple points...

Thanks in advance.
Test another Nasr

Sorry.Couldnt control myself :lol:

So we pay 500 million per plane to fight american war ?
Really ? Is that even possible ?
To fight american war india would want it for free. :-)

First give us drones then speak about raptors, when the customer is asking for gold Americans are forcing to buy dimonds typical american baniya mentality.
At $ 500 for one plane, we can get 14 Tejas mk1A, and five Sukoi 30 mki,
One eagle can be defeated by 14 Crows, or 5 kites.
Having many planes is an advantage rather than having expensive one plane,
Remember the gnats ?

So we pay 500 million per plane to fight american war ?
Really ? Is that even possible ?
To fight american war india would want it for free. :-)
Sorry, no money or freebies can make us do that. Our nation stands for certain values that can never be compromised. If we will have to fight a war, we will do that without charging anything provided our collective national conscience favours it.

I didn't know F-22 5arter was available for India. So that all can 5art...

First give us drones then speak about raptors, when the customer is asking for gold Americans are forcing to buy dimonds typical american baniya mentality.
At $ 500 for one plane, we can get 14 Tejas mk1A, and five Sukoi 30 mki,
One eagle can be defeated by 14 Crows, or 5 kites.
Having many planes is an advantage rather than having expensive one plane,
Remember the gnats ?

:lol::lol::lol: hoe did you decide the LCA is a crow man :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom