What's new

F-22 Raptor for India?

Do Americans are trolling us?

• Total voters
F-22 though expensive and a hangar queen would still mop the floor against any upcoming fifth gen fighter is also a fact.

This is not something we are concerned with currently. Why? Because we do not see India going to war with the US at-least in the next 50 years. Difficult to see 2 democracies going to war against each other.

That's why I put the second post (below). Sure there will be delays but the Russians will do it.

Any delay in Pak Fa is actually not a big problem for IAF right now. For our immediate threat requirements 5th gen jets are quite some time away. The chinese are even behind the russians with J 20. Pakistan is...well...Pakistan. So we can wait for some time.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/f-22-raptor-for-india.420626/page-3#ixzz3z8WZxERR

the delay doesn't really concern me. it's whether the Pak-fa will live up to the hype of being 5th gen fighter.

you might just turn out to be modified Su-35S that costs $200 million a piece, operating costs in the area of Western fighter jets like the Typhoon/Rafale/Eagle, and a terrible availably rate.

:o:

the delay doesn't really concern me. it's whether the Pak-fa will live up to the hype of being 5th gen fighter.

you might just turn out to be modified Su-35S that costs $200 million a piece, operating costs in the area of Western fighter jets like the Typhoon/Rafale/Eagle, and a terrible availably rate.

:o:

I'll wait for the IAF to decide and comment. In general they're quite thorough in specs. I never expected the Pak Fa ride to be smooth but am certain that the ruskies are extremely good engineers. Let's wait and watch.

Bhaijaan....ye sapne me dekha aapne....we don't need raptors to make things just as bad for 'birder mulk' :)

wpid-sukhoi-pak-fa-wallpaper-4.jpg

yeah yeah we know talk are going for the price of 60 of these initial order

http://www.reuters.com/article/india-boeing-superhornet-idUSKCN0VC0IB

U.S. aircraft maker Boeing Co is in a "conversation" on manufacturing its F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet in India, Chief Executive Officer Dennis Muilenburg was quoted on Wednesday as saying on his first visit to the country.

"We see the Super Hornet as an opportunity ... to tie directly into the 'Make in India' strategy," Muilenburg told the Hindustan Times in an interview whose authenticity was confirmed by the company. Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Make in India' drive is designed to expand India's industrial base.

Boeing was willing to back the project with billions of dollars in investment to India meet its operational needs, according to Muilenburg's comments in the interview.

India is locked in talks with France's Dassault Aviation SA to buy 36 French-built Rafale combat jets at a price said to be close to $200 million apiece.

But an earlier tender to buy 126 Rafales collapsed.

Plane makers are queuing up to fill the shortfall with revised offers, stressing their readiness to locate production in India, with Saab AB of Sweden also pushing its single-engine Gripen aircraft.

The twin-engine Super Hornet was eliminated in India's original tender for Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), however, and the future of its production facility in St Louis is uncertain.

"I would not say there is an official order. This is a conversation we are having right now," Muilenburg was quoted by the Hindustan Times as saying.

Muilenburg also flagged the F-22 Raptor, a fifth-generation fighter jointly developed with Lockheed Martin Corp, as a future sales prospect for India, calling it "an area of future investment for which we are interested".

(Reporting by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)
d8293140f02d2c2269a715bec8da57ac.gif

I'm talking about the F-22 Raptor for India :rofl:

the same F-22 Raptor that we won't restart production for our own Air force, and the same F-22 Raptor that we wouldn't even sell to our closest most trusted allies :rofl:

US will sell F22 when the technology used in F22 becomes stale or leapfrogged by 6th gen fighters.

Until then :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Why don't India buy the F-16IN, may be they get to buy the F-22 Raptor in the future. :P

Nah. Used by our lovely brothers in the west. :P Not good to have 2 ferraris in the same neighbourhoods ;)

Muilenburg also flagged the F-22 Raptor, a fifth-generation fighter jointly developed with Lockheed Martin Corp, as a future sales prospect for India, calling it "an area of future investment for which we are interested".
(Reporting by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)

Total and unadulterated bullsh!t. The F-22 is a top secret platform with technology from Boeing's Phantom works' black project. Even America's closest ally Israel has not been given the F-22 for security reasons.

Secondly, the per unit cost and maintenance is so high that the Americans themselves have stopped it's production and capped it at 187 aircraft. At almost $200 million a pop (Rs1300 crores INR each) and huge life cycle costs, it would be the dumbest thing to do to purchase this weapon platform. It won't be cost effective at all.

The only thing is that we can tell China: My dick is bigger than yours!!

Whatever the past is, but now is the time US should consider selling raptors to india and japan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom