What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Jeff is some DCS pronunciation issue for JF. It is JF-17 Thunder, JF-17, Thunder or Fierce Dragon.

As the Thunder starts making its mark around the world, and first world airforces start training to go up against it, how do you think professional pilots will communicate? JF-17 at your 3'o clock? Thunder at your 3'o clock? Jeff, 3'o clock? Jeff rolls off the tongue most easily. Many of those DCS dudes have linkages with professionals. Atleast, they share the same Western mindset with their professional brethren.

Believe me, if there was even a hint of ridicule or disrespect in Jeff, I would be on to it. But Jeff is a frank, informal name and shows a guarded respect. Many of these DCS dudes were trolling the Thunder when it was first revealed circa 2004. Words such as "If we don't give them avionics they can't fly it" or "You have the plane, we have the missiles". It has been an eye opener for these people, and as the Thunder keeps making its mark its going to be an eye opener for many professionals as well. You should look forward to hearing more about Jeff. Your one man war may drive away enthusiasts who would otherwise be willing to engage in fruitful discussion.

We are in person, trying to maintain some formal code and not to let this place a fest to choose whatsoever one wishes to. I am indeed chill 😊.

Internet can't describe what you can be, where you are and what you may turn out to be. By the same logic of you, God forbid if I had to judge you by your attitude here, that may be too disappointing but No.
Bro please don't turn into _____. We love you the way you are. Thanks.
Jeff is some DCS pronunciation issue for JF. It is JF-17 Thunder, JF-17, Thunder or Fierce Dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the Thunder starts making its mark around the world, and first world airforces start training to go up against it, how do you think professional pilots will communicate? JF-17 at your 3'o clock? Thunder at your 3'o clock? Jeff, 3'o clock? Jeff rolls off the tongue most easily. Many of those DCS dudes have linkages with professionals. Atleast, they share the same Western mindset with their professional brethren.

Believe me, if there was even a hint of ridicule or disrespect in Jeff, I would be on to it. But Jeff is a frank, informal name and shows a guarded respect. Many of these DCS dudes were trolling the Thunder when it was first revealed circa 2004. Words such as "If we don't give them avionics they can't fly it" or "You have the plane, we have the missiles". It has been an eye opener for these people, and as the Thunder keeps making its mark its going to be an eye opener for many professionals as well. You should look forward to hearing more about Jeff. Your one man war may drive away enthusiasts who would otherwise be willing to engage in fruitful discussion.

It's just useless to talk about that. Anyone complaining, can reach GHQ. It will remain Thunder till then for an easy tongue rolling or unless an active duty pilot speaks about that.

For the time being, the only Jeff that novice may find after search, at any o'clock is
IMG_20210918_141331.jpg

Bro please don't turn into _____. We love you the way you are. Thanks.

Humbled. But I will advise to not to disrespect anyone.

Saw threads on jf17 sales to Argentina popping and then vanishing, is the news true?

I expect thunder to repeat the k8 success story. Catic and PAC are happy partners indeed.
Yes but never forget that This is in a different world. China is now the big boogy man. The K8 was a trainer and wouldn't casue as many ripples in the world.

A lot of conversation has gone into the potential Sale of the JF-17 to Argentina, amid backlash from the UK and because of the Martin Baker Ejection Seat.

Q. How much involvement did the PAF have in the JF-17's sold to Myanmar (Air Force)?

I don't recall seeing any of their jets in the PAC/Kamra Production Line like the ones for the Nigerian Air Force. Hell, there are videos of PAF Pilots flying the NAF jets in Nigeria.

There were those initial images that were leaked of the Myanmar Air Force's JF-17 in China, which would lead one to believe that it was done purely in China with obviously a Chinese Ejection Seat.

Just my opinion, but I gather that (if) Argentina does go along with the Sale in the future, it might be done solely in China. Pakistan might get some bragging credits as it has with Myanmar - but to avoid any political retaliation, we might stand clear of the mess.

Q. How much involvement did the PAF have in the JF-17's sold to Myanmar (Air Force)?

I don't recall seeing any of their jets in the PAC/Kamra Production Line like the ones for the Nigerian Air Force.
You would have recalled if you were paying attention to the discussion. Pictures of myanmar jets in PAC production lines were posted on this forum back then (when they were being produced) and these pictures were re-posted here quite recently aswell. Myanmar jets were made in PAC just like all other JF-17, with portion of work done in china, again like all other JF-17's.

You didn't see PAF involvement because PAF didn't sell to myanmar, Chinese did and they were the ones involved. Same is the case with Argentina. You saw PAF involvement in Nigeria because Pakistan made the sale in their case. But regardless of who was at front in the deal, PAC did their share of production and will also do it for Argentina once the deal goes ahead. But you will probably not see PAC/PAF involvement because chinese will take the lead.

A lot of conversation has gone into the potential Sale of the JF-17 to Argentina, amid backlash from the UK and because of the Martin Baker Ejection Seat.

I don't recall seeing any of their jets in the PAC/Kamra Production Line like the ones for the Nigerian Air Force. Hell, there are videos of PAF Pilots flying the NAF jets in Nigeria.

There were those initial images that were leaked of the Myanmar Air Force's JF-17 in China, which would lead one to believe that it was done purely in China with obviously a Chinese Ejection Seat.

Just my opinion, but I gather that (if) Argentina does go along with the Sale in the future, it might be done solely in China. Pakistan might get some bragging credits as it has with Myanmar - but to avoid any political retaliation, we might stand clear of the mess.

This is the defeatist logic I do not understand. Why stay clear!! Because of UK!!
Would UK stay clear of any deal because of Pakistan's unhappiness!!

Pakistan and Pakistanis need to learn to stand on their grounds.

You would have recalled if you were paying attention to the discussion.
Oh excuse me...

I clearly stated that I didn't recall seeing any images - which is an indication that I haven't gone through hundreds of pages on various JF-17's topics. [Which also led to my initial question].

We need to understand two things
Production of air craft
And
Lead in the sale.

PAC might co-produce the order but PAC didn't pitch Thunder into Argentinian tender.

Secondly about Myanmar (Ruby) production in PAC, is that time we were not producing Block-III but Block-II and shared our Production Line accordingly to fill an Order. Similarly, we might see the alleged Argentinian Thunder Block-III into production at PAC as well but that will be only to fill an order of China.

PAC is not offering the jet directly but, PAC can produce Jets for foreign order parallel to a Thunder production line in China. Also, we may not see any of foreign production unless PAF order is completed. There are yay or nay regarding production but speaking of sale pitch or export bid, Argentine must be dealing with Chinese on top.

Some notes on the Argentinian JF-17 interest.

China offered the JF-17 when a delegation visited Argentina this spring. Argentinian AF is looking for a jet for quite a while.

This is a budget request, so the first step on a looong road.

If the budget is approved (not certain yet), it means the department of defense is allowed to spend it on aircraft, however, the government does not have this amount of money available in hard currency and will not easily get a credit line either given the economic situation. So maybe payment with commodities (raw materials, crops, beef et cetera) is a possibility. Still, to send a box of beef for every part you subsequently require is not practical...
Remember the five Super Etendards they got from France, they still have not flown.

The Chinese should make sure it does not have UK parts in it, like the Martin-Baker ejection seats PAF uses. Or else the UK will block it.

So not a done deal, of course I hope these hurdles will be overcome.
Let us follow this closely :-)

UK may object this deal

however French are really annoyed right now over AUKUS

and they may offer generous terms to the Argentineans for a new Mirage 2000 or even worse something like upgraded Mirage 2000-5 or -9

remember the French sold air-launched Exocets to the Argentinians and they caused havoc to the Royal Navy

if UK blocks this sale French will step in

so UK will have no issues with ejection seat or JF17

Pakistan should push this deal before foreign policy change again

Back
Top Bottom