What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

You can call it Thunder but not some internet Jeff thing. It's just a wrong name, going to mislead many new comers or fresh learners as a negative affect against a single possibility to grow and act like a professional when it comes to serious matters. JF-17 Thunder is the name and that is how it should be written, called or referred to. An internet search will only get results for original designated name and not the jeffi thingy. No slangs in serious discussion.
@untitled
I think you worry too much about what the plane is called.
Have you not heard about the "WHARTHOG" "BUFF" "SLUF" "AARDVARK" and so many others (The "VIPER" nickname came from a TV show). These names came from professionals and do not diminish from anything. the fact the JF17 has a nickname is generally a sign of affection and frankly people will call it whatever they want. I would suggest you chill out....

You can call it Thunder but not some internet Jeff thing. It's just a wrong name, going to mislead many new comers or fresh learners as a negative affect against a single possibility to grow and act like a professional when it comes to serious matters. JF-17 Thunder is the name and that is how it should be written, called or referred to. An internet search will only get results for original designated name and not the jeffi thingy. No slangs in serious discussion.
@untitled

Hi,

Relax---you are taking this name thing too serious.

With this attitude---you are going to become a TYRANT if you ever get in a powerful position.

What else could China offer besides financing as a sweetener to the deal?

Argentina is lack of $$$ but they have beaf,and china need beaf....a lot of beaf.The price of flesh beaf in china is almost 20 dollar/KG now.

Last edited:
That suggests unit cost for Pakistan is around $30 million for block 3?

Because 664/12 meaning each unit for around $55 million which should include some profits, some parts, some training, some weapons. That means block 3 is incredibly affordable! About half the price of Gripen E bought for Swedish own use based on my guess.
Few corrections regarding price.

1. The budget allocation does NOT mention the number of jets.

2. The number 12 is a speculation by the news article based on 'rumoured' price of 50 million. (it says so right there in the original news)

3. So the price is not being determined by the number of jets rather the other way round and that too based on 'rumour'. (read the actual news article at least).

4. Why does everyone assume a single year's budget allocation would include all jets?

5. The budget allocation is supposedly for financial year 2022 (in argentina I THINK it's the same as calender year), so are all JF-17 going to be delivered in 2022? That too block-3? Even PAF isn't gonna get them so fast.

6. Total cost may be more than $664m and if the deal is finalized there may be allocations in budgets for subsequent years.

Neither total number of aircraft nor actual price is known yet.

Last edited:
Bhai, we are not saying that domestic BVR is active in service, but we are saying BVR is under development in project Azm as indicated by three persons ( Shahid Raza,@messiach,@Dazzler )
PAF wants to build weapons under the Azm banner; that's common knowledge by now. Let's see if it bears any fruit. The post I have quoted suggested that we 'tested' a domestic AAM, which I clarified was not the case.

PAF wants to build weapons under the Azm banner; that's common knowledge by now. Let's see if it bears any fruit. The post I have quoted suggested that we 'tested' a domestic AAM, which I clarified was not the case.
Thank you bhai for clearing your statement.I completely misunderstood you

I think you worry too much about what the plane is called.
Have you not heard about the "WHARTHOG" "BUFF" "SLUF" "AARDVARK" and so many others (The "VIPER" nickname came from a TV show). These names came from professionals and do not diminish from anything. the fact the JF17 has a nickname is generally a sign of affection and frankly people will call it whatever they want. I would suggest you chill out....

We are in person, trying to maintain some formal code and not to let this place a fest to choose whatsoever one wishes to. I am indeed chill 😊.
Hi,

Relax---you are taking this name thing too serious.

With this attitude---you are going to become a TYRANT if you ever get in a powerful position.

Internet can't describe what you can be, where you are and what you may turn out to be. By the same logic of you, God forbid if I had to judge you by your attitude here, that may be too disappointing but No.

All I can tell you is that we have no active domestic BVR-AAM right now. The entire thing under Azm’s banner was to work on new weapons. I’ll wait until that happens.

PS.
PAF had tested SD-10 and PL-5EII at the new real time weapons tracking range at Sonmiani. It wasn’t a domestic AAM.

Wanted to play riddle but some other time Sir.

@untitled

Similar to how F-16 is called "Falcon" or "Viper" and the A-10 is called "Warthog" , JF-17 is called "Thunder" or "Jeff" or "Dragon" (in Chinese).

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom