What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Please remember Maggie Thatcher had threatened to Nuke Argentina if the French did not give them the source codes for the Exocets. Knowing her she would have done it as well.So in fairness( not thatcI have any tolerance of the French bigotry) in this case they did the Argentinians a Favour.
A
Yet the Exocets accounted for a few ships destroyed and damaged. IMO the French did not loose as they still managed to continue the sales of Exocets.

Just a side question, why ate the Indiabs so obsessed with the Rafale when they're clearly getting ripped off.
Indian obssesion would end the day one of these aircraft is lost to China or Pakistan.

Hi,

The definition by default of a kill switch is "an anamoly created that by default manipulates the performance of a machine to not perform as it is designed to".
For a kill switch or anomaly to work one needs to control through GPS. If there is no link to cause any anomaly an object would continue s desired. Magnetic Interference would cause some deviation but would not completely alter the path.

If it’s all block -IIs, Pakistan may be able to release Block-I upgraded to block-II configure quickly and at a much reduced price.

Nigerian Media apparently has confirmed it. In all probability the number is around 32 or more jets. Because size of squadron differ country by country.

There were better choices for India for the same price point, so I'd say they are getting ripped off.

The Indians picked the Rafale in the MMRCA competition, because it was supposed to be cheaper than the Eurofighter, but it has ended up being far more expensive.

It's basic economics. Militaries are inherently money sinks, there is a reason why they consider price, and not just performance.
Kick backs may have been a minor point but they effectively sidelined France as far as Pak Armed Forces purchases go with this deal.

Imagine if they had gone with SU-35, Mig-35, F-15E or EFT, France would have been more then willing to sell Rafale to PAF, give the babus credit where its due, a very shrewd move on their part. They knew Pak wouldn't go for Ruskie fighter or wont be able to afford it, they knew EFT has consortium thus any other partner would be willing to sell to PAF. US doesn't care what you demand in return for their product as we will sell to both sides if national interest demands it.

PS: Sorry, I didn't mean to write a thesis on this, however I couldn't pen it all down in 'Cliff Notes.'

They couldn’t afford the interest on the Rafale at their current stage - the Indians are privately smarting at the fleecing they are enduring for it.

The Kfir is a good jet but maxed at its capacity now so its a hobson’s choice for them but they do like the idea of being able to put their FMA infrastructure that is generally rotting away to good use.
I think the Argentinian Air Force also took a deeper look at the PAF, and may have been surprised at its size, capability, and engagements. So in this respect, the JF-17 isn't just some random dinky fighter, but an actual service asset with a very committed user who can help the Argentine Air Force absorb the jet.

Argentina may also expect the PAF to figure out a workable NGFA solution. I don't mean to say they trust us on AZM (I doubt they do), but rather, if we can find a NGFA, then in all likelihood, Argentina can also buy that NGFA.

For a kill switch or anomaly to work one needs to control through GPS. If there is no link to cause any anomaly an object would continue s desired. Magnetic Interference would cause some deviation but would not completely alter the path.

Hi,

The control can be managed thru Data link---or thru a preprogrammed trigger memory in the system to be activated under certain circumstances like crossing a certain latitude or longitude, locking certain geographical targets, locking onto to aircraft of certain origins.

The simplest form of kill switch is controlling the power of the engine---.

So easy nowadays
Kick backs may have been a minor point but they effectively sidelined France as far as Pak Armed Forces purchases go with this deal.

Imagine if they had gone with SU-35, Mig-35, F-15E or EFT, France would have been more then willing to sell Rafale to PAF, give the babus credit where its due, a very shrewd move on their part. They knew Pak wouldn't go for Ruskie fighter or wont be able to afford it, they knew EFT has consortium thus any other partner would be willing to sell to PAF. US doesn't care what you demand in return for their product as we will sell to both sides if national interest demands it.

PS: Sorry, I didn't mean to write a thesis on this, however I couldn't pen it all down in 'Cliff Notes.'

Hi,

The Babus cut pakistan air force at its knees---.

The paks never had that intellect to do that to the enemy---even though they had many a chances

Hi,

The control can be managed thru Data link---or thru a preprogrammed trigger memory in the system to be activated under certain circumstances like crossing a certain latitude or longitude, locking certain geographical targets, locking onto to aircraft of certain origins.

The simplest form of kill switch is controlling the power of the engine---.

So easy nowadays
All this comunication would need some sort of activation mechanism. I.e Line of sight ( direct radio waves) or Through GPS.

There was a BBC24 Documentary on aircraft that have GPS can be controlled from ground similar to how we control drones these days but it only functions with aircraft that have GPS on board. Minimum requirement is to have atleast 4 satellites to be in continuous comunication with the aircraft.

In the olden days OMEGA System was used to navigate it was established on ground based transmit / receive concept but that is long gone.

I think the Argentinian Air Force also took a deeper look at the PAF, and may have been surprised at its size, capability, and engagements. So in this respect, the JF-17 isn't just some random dinky fighter, but an actual service asset with a very committed user who can help the Argentine Air Force absorb the jet.

Argentina may also expect the PAF to figure out a workable NGFA solution. I don't mean to say they trust us on AZM (I doubt they do), but rather, if we can find a NGFA, then in all likelihood, Argentina can also buy that NGFA.
I have a feeling that they aren't even talking to or about Pakistan. I remember years ago when they originally tried to reject the thunder by saying that they'd rather not deal with a nation accused of supporting terrorists, and while it's ironic that they're left with no choice but to get the thunder, I have a feeling that they're purely talking to China and keeping Pakistan out of it as much as possible.

I have a feeling that they aren't even talking to or about Pakistan. I remember years ago when they originally tried to reject the thunder by saying that they'd rather not deal with a nation accused of supporting terrorists, and while it's ironic that they're left with no choice but to get the thunder, I have a feeling that they're purely talking to China and keeping Pakistan out of it as much as possible.
Or that is on purpose, Pakistan-UK ties are much more important to Pakistan than a few fighter sales to Argentina, Pakistan would not really want to ruin those. Plus China wanting to expand its influence in the region may have directly asked Pakistan to let them handle this deal as they are very likely offering other benefits with it.

Last edited:
ITS OFFICIAL:

The Nigerian Air Force will be aquiring at least two Squadrons of the JF-17 multi-role fighter. https://t.co/iwnDB35zDq
20210603_085718.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom