What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

What tension? You mean the Rohingya thing?
From what I can gather, Myanmar isn't too happy with recent Pakistani statements about it.

middle east is also in asia? thinking who is buying Tanks
Sri Lanka isn't in the middle east, it's an Asian nation.
Map-of-world.jpg

[Edit]: Changed map, because the last one was geographically wrong.

It's OK. I expected it. :lol:

But for me, it looks like a souped up Super 7, crucially with that delta wing. Who knows, maybe it can kill a MiG-29 or F-16 but this is Pakistan's first attempt at a fighter helped a lot by China and their experience with the US collaboration on the Super 7 powered by a single example of a MiG 29 engine. I would just rather go with more MiG's for my money. That's just my opinion.

That's a funny joke. Well done.

Hi,

As a matter of fact---you are correct-----. All current fighter aircraft----single tail---single engine are the derivative of aircraft designed in the 60's and 70's-----.

Is a 2015 Toyota corolla a derivative of a 1971 Toyota Corolla---it is and it is not----.

How about a 1984 Toyota camry to a 2015 Toyota Camry---or a Mercedes or a bmw or whatever----. They all have things in common---4 drs---engone---transmission---A/C---lights, tires, gas or diesel----and take you from one place to another.

So---indeed a F 17 is a derivative of a F 7-----absolutely----F7 / Mig 21 a deadly fighter interceptor of its time----it is a matter of pride to have that pedigree for any fighter aircraft---.

Instead of the Vietnamese---if the americans were flying the Mig 21's and vice versa---the migh would have slaughtered the phantom----.

I do't know why yu Pak kids are being bent and torqued into agony---it should be a badge of honor to have that pedigree in the JF 17.

Myanmar Buys JF-17 Thunder Fighters from Pakistan 27/03/2015

JF-17-Thunder.jpg

Though four Chinese civilians were killed by bombs dropped by MiG-29 fighters of the Myanmar Air Force, sources from Pakistan's Ministry of Defense said that a contract had been signed for Islamabad to sell the JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter, also known as the FC-1 Xiaolong, which was jointly developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, to Naypyidaw, Islamabad's Capital Television reported on March 18.
The report said various countries including Nigeria, Bangladesh, Tajikistan and Myanmar had shown great interest in purchasing the fighter from Pakistan because its price is much cheaper than other fighter jets of the same class such as the F-16 and the Eurofighter. Myanmar demonstrated its interest in the fighter back in June 2014, according to the Myanmar Times.

Myanmar also wants to build a production line with the assistance of China and Pakistan to build the fighter for itself. Thanks to previous cooperation with China, Myanmar already has experience in producing Chinese aircraft such as the J-7 fighter or Q-5 attacker.

The purchase of the Thunder has not yet been confirmed by government officials in Myanmar. Pakistan is pushing hard to sell the fighter to foreign markets but none of the countries mentioned above has yet made a decision.

-ends- :(

Source: Myanmar Buys JF-17 Thunder Fighters from Pakistan     27/03/2015 - The Comprehensive Guide to Myanmar - Myanmar/Burma News

From what I can gather, Myanmar isn't too happy with recent Pakistani statements about it.

Sri Lanka isn't in the middle east, it's an Asian nation.
Map-of-world.jpg

[Edit]: Changed map, because the last one was geographically wrong.
that map,,,Pakistan, where it wishes to be :D
edit:-changed map,,,last one was funny
on topic-congrats Pakistan
@asad71 opinion :D

export order with which country.....will you announce the country name after 20 yrs:hitwall:

You are hoping for something else?

SMT's or Flankers (which is actually the plane our pilots want), both of which are in the same price range. I would guess there's some TOT deal or strategic considerations if it is us getting the JF-17.

Or maybe Chinese financing.

Last edited:
Bangladesh , Srilanka are the only two viable option as they are already using our k8 and other military hardware made by heavy industries taxilla
Sri Lanka or maybe Azerbaijan? Saudi can purchase the most expensive jets out there so they wouldnt go for JF 17. Theres too much anger against Burma on the domestic front for PAF to sell it to them at the moment. That only leaves Sri Lanka and Azerbaijan as the two viable options as far as I know.
most likely Srilanka but that purchase wont be more then 7 fighters.

30mil? That's almost Flanker money. It's still not confirmed it's us.
Yeah its not and considering your manners I hope its not you in the end but if it is you should be grateful dude as Your army after using our tanks and other hardware is really satisfied with quality and after service and training as well.

I doubt you can afford to buy it..30-35 million $ is quiet a big amount for a country like myanmar... Better but more F-7s ,second hand cheap migs.. If your tiny budget allows.. I win
20 miliion-25 million for blk 1. Thats blk 2's price.

Back
Top Bottom