What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

I know this is a great source of national pride for you boys and that's going to magnified as I'm on a Pak defence forum but this is just how I see it.

Let's educate ourself .. Shall we:

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

P.S: Pak actually builds and exports 3 aircrafts...(k-8,Super Mushak,JF-17) Just this year we sold 20 Mushaks for 300 million to Iraq..

Our planes are serving with multiple countries including Saudis,Oman,Bahrain,Iraq,Egypt,Qatar?,Venezuela,Peru etx etc.

No ill intentions here but

1. I was just curious as to why countries would refrain from naming buyer's for their export. Its natural that they would advertise it to get more buyers. If other countries see that someone is buying your jets then they would think its reliable and hence their interest would rise. For Eg. Rafale, Typhoons, Sukhois etc

2. I am also not sure as to why a buyer wouldn't like to be named as i think all almost all countries regularly buy fighter jets. Its not a controlled tech like long range missiles or air defense or nuclear tech

The only scenario it makes sense if

a. Buyer has international sanctions against it.
b. Pakistan doesn't have good public relationship with buyer or vice versa
c. China or some major ally of Pak doesn't approve of the buyer or vice versa for buyer's alliers

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts

@Hyperion @Oscar @nair @Nicky G @Horus
Israel sold merkavas to an unnamed country... Which much later was revealed ... Singapore .. Does your logic apply there?

Also Pak holds over 60% rights of JF program and unless we sold these to india I doubt Chiba would mind... Considering we are jointly marketing the jet..:lol:

Last edited:
No ill intentions here but

1. I was just curious as to why countries would refrain from naming buyer's for their export. Its natural that they would advertise it to get more buyers. If other countries see that someone is buying your jets then they would think its reliable and hence their interest would rise. For Eg. Rafale, Typhoons, Sukhois etc

2. I am also not sure as to why a buyer wouldn't like to be named as i think all almost all countries regularly buy fighter jets. Its not a controlled tech like long range missiles or air defense or nuclear tech

The only scenario it makes sense if

a. Buyer has international sanctions against it.
b. Pakistan doesn't have good public relationship with buyer or vice versa
c. China or some major ally of Pak doesn't approve of the buyer or vice versa for buyer's alliers

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts

@Hyperion @Oscar @nair @Nicky G @Horus
Hi,

we all Pakistan hardly makes noise when it comes to either selling or buying of equipment, Its a tactic used by them to avoid the pressure on the country that is either selling them or they're buying from it.

Invaders of Palestine too makes deals, but is always silent about the country to whom theyre selling to

Last edited:
Hi,

we all Pakistan hardly makes noise when it comes to either selling or buying of equipment, Its a tactic used by them to avoid the pressure on the country that is either selling them or they're buying from it.

Invaders of Palestine too makes deal but is always silent about the country to whom theyre selling to

We also sold APCs and tanks to Nigerians .. Did anybody know about tht ? Till a ship was stopped by the Saudis which was carrying the equipment to Nigeria from Pak..

And that's just one example.

We also sold APCs and tanks to Nigerians .. Did anybody know about tht ? Till a ship was stopped by the Saudis which was carrying the equipment to Nigeria from Pak..

And that's just one example.
Hi,
I too find no reason why we should boast about any deals, after all its just another business deal right ?:enjoy:

Israel sold merkavas to an unnamed country... Which much later was revealed ... Singapore .. Does your logic apply there?
You mean makritoska?

e9fa2a98354a9b9291baef60b4a03561.jpg

Considering the current tension, a lot of Pakistanis hope it's not Myanmar either. Don't worry, the feeling is mutual.

Hopefully it's Sri Lanka.
What tension? You mean the Rohingya thing?

Back
Top Bottom