What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

flanker is a bomb truck, can be spotted by radar.... miles earlier than Jf-17, which has smaller air signature than f-16.
MFD, FBW, HMS, ECM & communication link, put JF-17 in same league, as moist expensive a/c.
JF-17 has smaller fuel storage but with IFR this deficiency is eliminated.
Its engine is smaller but it supply all the needed power, to fly it in most agile fashion.
It has most advanced and comprehensive weapon package, comparable to any advance a/c.

WTF is missing?

Russians are selling due to price factor and political influence.. but French have already lost.

We see how desperately French tried to gift their a/c and its technology to Indians, which reflects, how JF-17 is ranked in world a/c market.

We see how desperately French tried to gift their a/c and its technology to Indians, which reflects, how JF-17 is ranked in world a/c market.

Gift at the prices that they quoted. i think this is some wierd way of gifting things. My friend you have to know how the french deal and they are not all that sweet. you can tell by the stalled discussions on the rafale deal. The ferench may have found their match in the banniya. Well done Indians.
Araz
Araz

Indians got the Rafale price lowered but pais hugely for MK2-H upgrade... The upgrade of Mirage was almost as expensive as buying a new Rafale... Who is stupid? They have to get the Mirage parts now... Rafale is put on "hold". So the winner is....

The topic is about export potential of JF17. Well that is huge but we need to remind that we have to sell a well armed and tested plane. That is what Block 2 is going to be. The plane which is now operational is like F16A/B when it comes to weapons. Last years we have seen that it got finally teeths. When that is offered as block 2 then we will have to see what happens.

The issue now is that many african nations are jumping towards Flankers. Surely nice planes but what do you want... 4 Flankers or a full squadron of JF17? Now with 400AKG, SD10B, LGB, Durandal, Ra'ad the JF17 is moving upwards to a lot more potent planes then Flankers. I predict a nice future in 3-5 years from now.[/QUOTE]

with chinese engine sir....not rd93 (which is PK specific)

Not sure what's with people and their "hawaiaan" CM400AKG, Ra'ad, SD-10B will never be exported. The only weapons that might be exported with JFT in future could be SD-10/SD-10A, dumb bombs, Chinese WVR missiles and some other weapons widely available. People predict a lot of things and it turns out to haunt them.

A few Flankers are enough most smaller African nations don't need large Air Force Fleet. At the most Thunder would be pitched to EAF and Zimbabwean AF in African market. List me rich African county that has 2billion dollars Air Force budget to operate even 16 JFTs all I can think of is EAF if they don't opt for Fulcrums.

Not sure what's with people and their "hawaiaan" CM400AKG, Ra'ad, SD-10B will never be exported. The only weapons that might be exported with JFT in future could be SD-10/SD-10A, dumb bombs, Chinese WVR missiles and some other weapons widely available. People predict a lot of things and it turns out to haunt them.

A few Flankers are enough most smaller African nations don't need large Air Force Fleet. At the most Thunder would be pitched to EAF and Zimbabwean AF in African market. List me rich African county that has 2billion dollars Air Force budget to operate even 16 JFTs all I can think of is EAF if they don't opt for Fulcrums.

It is not always downgraded but different setups. The advantage is that you have no restrictions, yet you just added all restrictions one should avoid. C802/803 is a very potent missile that China exports. I do not see a downgraded version. I doubt the JF17 will be sold as downgraded but more as plug and play. You pay and you get it... With J20 and J31 and lots of Flankers the Chinese are not going to worry about JF17.

A few flankers are not economical... And indeed bomb trucks?

JFT has won battels against F-16 and our F-16 have won battles against RAF Typhoons.

Why not JFT can win against Typhoon?

Strom Force is trolling.. these are simple facts mentioned many times even on this website.

Any one can search internet with key words 'pakistan f-16 vs typhoon'

Now, if Project director of JFT tells that it has beaten most advance su-27 of PLAAF than it can definitely beat the crap out of Indian su's... where is the problem?

I was forced to reply the troll in even manner, because he was comparing a top a/c with F-6 and mig-21.

If he want to compare specs., i'm all in.l

Thats called Transtivity ...

It is not always downgraded but different setups. The advantage is that you have no restrictions, yet you just added all restrictions one should avoid. C802/803 is a very potent missile that China exports. I do not see a downgraded version. I doubt the JF17 will be sold as downgraded but more as plug and play. You pay and you get it... With J20 and J31 and lots of Flankers the Chinese are not going to worry about JF17.

A few flankers are not economical... And indeed bomb trucks?

Ain the current time Flankers are selling, JFT Is not lets will until orders are confirmed. My point is SD-10B might only be operated by China and Pakistan, SD-10A could be the only one for exports. Ra'ad and CM-400AKG is highly unlikely to to land in any other customers inventory except for China and Pakistan. Zimbabwean AF and EAF are the only ones in Africa that might in at some point of time opt for it but frankly Zimbabwean economy is very poor state it would be great to see even 10 JFTs for the next couple of Years we can't say nothing WS Engine is the deal I do not disagree with you completely but current situation is not favourable for many smaller low budget Air Forces.

Why are you debating over a non-existent issue?

Lets wait and see if JF-17 can secure any firm orders.

Ain the current time Flankers are selling, JFT Is not lets will until orders are confirmed. My point is SD-10B might only be operated by China and Pakistan, SD-10A could be the only one for exports. Ra'ad and CM-400AKG is highly unlikely to to land in any other customers inventory except for China and Pakistan. Zimbabwean AF and EAF are the only ones in Africa that might in at some point of time opt for it but frankly Zimbabwean economy is very poor state it would be great to see even 10 JFTs for the next couple of Years we can't say nothing WS Engine is the deal I do not disagree with you completely but current situation is not favourable for many smaller low budget Air Forces.

You do a search on what weapons those african nations have on their SU30... It is not problem whether these nation want but whether they need... If they have no ocean they hardly need C803, 400AKG or even Ra'ad... If they need they can get. But the issue is that every nation needs a high low mix... And numbers. What do you want to do with 4 planes? The only advantage would be range... Huge area... You definitely want range, otherwise you need IFR and tankers... That is more expensive then SU30.

Indians got the Rafale price lowered but pais hugely for MK2-H upgrade... The upgrade of Mirage was almost as expensive as buying a new Rafale... Who is stupid? They have to get the Mirage parts now... Rafale is put on "hold". So the winner is....
A}Do you know the exact price of new Rafale?

B}Do you know the whole detail about Mirage upgrade deal ?

C}Do you know price of ToT for upgrade?

D} Do you know wether that deal also include large stock of Mirage spare Parts or not?

If you know all this then talk about Mirage upgrade deal otherwise it will be better for you to put your finger on your lips and keep quite like a good student who came here to learn something about defence related matters....

Above All Stay On Topic...

Back
Top Bottom