What's new

Explosion in Karachi

Muharam procession can be arranged inside mosques or imam bargas with proper security arrangement , it is responsibility of all fiqa leaders to first think of safety of their followers , who ever is responsible should be questioned to avoid any future bloodshed and property damage.

These terrorist got in GHQ what security you think could prevent them brother ?? and inside an urban mosque if attacked there is a chance or heavier casualties.
more importantly why shall we change our way way life , mosques are atacked so should the people stop going to mosques , police stations and GHQs?

.But if the juloos would not have been carried out for the sake of human lives it would not have harmed anyones religion, the great respect for Hussain R.A and the grief over the shahadats will always stay in our hearts.It is the responsibility of the leaders to take decisions in the interests of its people, I might be wrong here but the most valuable thing is human life and safeguarding that should be the top priority for the leaders of every Sect.God has never asked you to expose children and women to such great threats, for me the valuable lives lost yesterday are more important then anything else. Shia sunni or whoever, they believe in the same god and his Prophet (P.B.U.H) and I consider them to be my brothers.
I only wish we could avoid such incidents in the future with less emotional decisions.
These are only my views and I don't intend to offend anyone
So GHQ was attacked we shall close it for business , red mosque there was a blood bath it shall be closed , lal masjid in pindi shall be closed , there was a bomb attack on another sect in nashtar park last year that shall stop all activities what you are saying is in a nutt shell we should change our lives do as the terrorist say and become Taliban!?

These terrorist got in GHQ what security you think could prevent them brother ?? and inside an urban mosque if attacked there is a chance or heavier casualties.
more importantly why shall we change our way way life , mosques are atacked so should the people stop going to mosques , police stations and GHQs?

Nation is at war with terrorism , we need to think as one nation and cooperate with security forces and aviod gathering , if you dont want to understand the gravity of problem and danger the nation facing, then i could pray for you only.

So GHQ was attacked we shall close it for business , red mosque there was a blood bath it shall be closed , lal masjid in pindi shall be closed , there was a bomb attack on another sect in nashtar park last year that shall stop all activities what you are saying is in a nutt shell we should change our lives do as the terrorist say and become Taliban!?

Nothing is 100% safe, but measures can be taken for prevention. Death can struck anyone anywhere and it is inevitable, that doesn't mean we should start sleeping on the railway track.
Prophet (P.B.U.H) migrated from Mecca to Medina for his safety that doesn't mean he stopped preaching Islam.
We all know the current Govt is not capable of providing protection to its citizens so we should not do something and get hit just to blame the ones responsible, at the end of the day it is the irreparable loss of human lives that we have to face.
Not carrying out one Jaloos wouldn't have damaged anyones religion, respect is in the heart. Jaloos is not 'farz' in Islam neither has the Prophet (P.B.U.H) preached it so lets not compare it with 'Namaz'
I think we can do more constructive things for Islam at the risk of our lives.
As I said earlier these are only my views and I don't intend to offend anyone.

Last edited:
Nothing is 100% safe, but measures can be taken for prevention. Death can struck anyone anywhere and it is inevitable, that doesn't mean we should start sleeping on the railway track.
Prophet (P.B.U.H) migrated from Mecca to Medina for his safety that doesn't mean he stopped preaching Islam.
We all know the current Govt is not capable of providing protection to its citizens so we should not do something and get hit just to blame the ones responsible, at the end of the day it is the irreparable loss of human lives that we have to face.
Not carrying out one Jaloos wouldn't have damaged anyones religion, respect is in the heart. Jaloos is not 'farz' in Islam neither has the Prophet (P.B.U.H) preached it so lets not compare it with 'Namaz'
I think we can do more constructive things for Islam at the risk of our lives.
As I said earlier these are only my views and I don't intend to offend anyone.

I remember after eid holidays when i visited Karachi whole traffic of faisal road was blocked even our flights were 4 hours delayed due to Zaradari visit, how concious they are about their own security but for general public by force these politicians take them to procession to show their strength.

What is this ?:hitwall:

Thousands mourn after bomb rattles Pakistani city
Tue, Dec 29 05:49 PM

Several thousand mourners attended funerals on Tuesday for victims of a suicide bombing that killed 43 people in Pakistan's commercial capital, an emotional reminder of a raging Taliban insurgency.

Coffins were carried through throngs paying their respects to people blown up on Monday at a procession at the climax of Ashura, one of the most important events in the Shi'ite calendar.

Earlier, Pakistan's interior minister appealed for calm in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi, where shopowners surveyed gutted premises a day after the attack triggered a city-centre riot.

The bombing underscored multiple security challenges facing nuclear-armed U.S. ally Pakistan at a volatile time for President Asif Ali Zardari, who could be weakened further if corruption charges against his close aides are revived.

His political troubles are accompanied by heavy pressure from Washington to root out militants it says use sanctuaries in Pakistan to cross over and attack U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan.

The government launched a security crackdown last October against al Qaeda-linked Taliban militants in their tribal strongholds in northwest Pakistan and retaliatory bombings since have killed hundreds of people across the country.

Although the government blamed militants for the Karachi attack -- the third in as many days -- some mourners expressed disbelief that fellow Muslims were capable of such carnage.

"I am one hundred percent sure that the United States and its agents are behind this attack, and all other such attacks in the country," said Syed Kausar Hussain Zaidi, a Shi'ite lawyer.

"There aim is to destabilise Pakistan. The so-called religious extremists spreading this terror are nothing but U.S. puppets."

SECTARIAN BLOODSHED

The attack in Pakistan's biggest city may have been a bid to ignite sectarian bloodshed to create new security crises.

Pakistani security forces patrolled nearly empty streets.

"I appeal to the people of Karachi to stay peaceful. This is the economic hub of Pakistan," Interior Minister Rehman Malik told reporters after attending the funeral of a paramilitary soldier who authorities said pounced on the suicide bomber.

In a sign of growing anxiety, trading at Karachi's stock market ended 75 minutes ahead of the normal 1030 GMT close due to safety concerns, said one of its officials.

Investors have factored in the violence. But sustained trouble could hurt financial markets in an economy in virtual recession. The index ended 0.12 percent lower at 9,410.66 points amid thin trade.

Mourners expressed anger, shouting confusing slogans.

"Down with America. Down with the Taliban. Down with Israel."

Religious scholars urged people to remain peaceful.

The provincial government declared a public holiday. Public transport was out of service and most shops were shut.

"Our office and the whole building is completely burnt. Everything has been destroyed," said Saleem Khan, who runs a car rental business along what is normally a busy road.

Karachi police chief Waseem Ahmed told Reuters initial investigations showed the suicide bomber was aged between 18 and 20, and that he used 8-9 kg (18-20 lb) of explosives. He said at least 500 shops had been set ablaze.

"It is clear that the terrorists are very well organised. They want to destabilise the country," said Anjum Naqvi, who was part of the bombed procession.

Provincial health secretary Hashim Raza Zaidi said the death toll had risen to 43, while 52 people were still in hospitals.

"It's a huge loss for the families of those killed. But what about our families? We are alive and have lost everything," said Mohammad Shams, owner of a shop that makes plastic.

A teeming city of 18 million, Karachi has a long history of ethnic and factional violence, although it has been spared the brunt of Taliban attacks over the past couple of years.

(For more Reuters coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan, see: Afghanistan & Pakistan | Reuters.com)

(Additional reporting by Sahar Ahmed & Augustine Anthony in Islamabad; Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Alex Richardson)

Faisal Aziz

Karachi shuts down as violence kills 43 - People's Daily Online 20:44, December 29, 2009

The southern Pakistani city of Karachi shut down in mourning on Tuesday as the death toll from Monday's suicide bomb attack on Shiite Muslims procession rose to 43.

Chief Minister of Sindh Province Syed Qaim Ali Shah has declared Tuesday a province-wide public holiday. All government and private offices are closed and transport off the roads in the provincial capital of Karachi.

The deadly violence also impacted the stock market in the financial hub, with the benchmark KSE-100 Index opening down 1.5 percent Tuesday but recovering in the early afternoon.

Sindh Secretary Hashim Raza Zaidi said that several more injured died of wounds in hospitals, adding that up to 90 people were injured and some of them in critical condition in the most deadly attack in Karachi in two years.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but Altaf Hussain, leader of the Mutahida Qaumi Movement said that it was handiwork of the Taliban militants.

Angry protesters attacked government buildings and set markets, banks and vehicles on fire in different parts of Karachi after the attack.

Pictures taken by Xinhua photographer Anwar Abbas show the panicked people and burning police vehicles on the busy Jinnah road in Karachi. Abbas was injured in the riot.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik visited Karachi on Tuesday and set up an investigation committee.

It was the third bomb blast in Karachi in three days as the worshippers have been commemorating Ashura, the holy event on the Shiite Muslim calendar, and the parade in Karachi was the biggest in Pakistan.

President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, political and religious leaders called for calm and restraint after the "most reprehensible act of terror".

Source: Xinhua

Nation is at war with terrorism , we need to think as one nation and cooperate with security forces and aviod gathering. if you dont want to understand the gravity of problem and danger the nation facing, then i could pray for you only

In my defination a religious terrorist group is one who comes out with their agendas which doesnt make sense in the normal world ,they the tell the civil society at gunpoint to not to do what they have been doing! instead people should follow their commands and live the life their way if dont agree they brutally murder them, therefore if i/we change than we simply gave up and the war is lost! I fail to understand whats the disagreement here unless you have a different defination because thats what this war is about!!?

your examples doesnt fit in the current scenarion its invalid.

wrong example again you cant compare than Mecca with present khi as Mecca was full of Kufar and were v few muslims where as Khi is mostly populated by muslims and few of these morons.

current army cant protect itself what can the govt do , however not impressed by your thoughts , you are saying the same thing what the terrorist want to change, i.e change or we wil kill you!?

Not carrying out one Jaloos wouldn't have damaged anyones religion, respect is in the heart. Jaloos is not 'farz' in Islam neither has the Prophet (P.B.U.H) preached it so lets not compare it with 'Namaz'I think we can do more constructive things for Islam at the risk of our lives.

Its not farz however a great deal of people beleive in it they do it its a part of their culture its been there since decades ! I gave some one example of other mosques and other businesses which were attacked in the past did they closed. Today its Shia tommorow it will be sufis than another sect unless they change us all and make us look like the present day Afghanistan. Cleansing these rats from our country will be the most constructive thing ever done for Islam in Pakistan.

I remember after eid holidays when i visited Karachi whole traffic of faisal road was blocked even our flights were 4 hours delayed due to Zaradari visit,

Thats the sad part but thats how it is! Irony is even than there is no gurantee if some one wants to they can hit any one in Pak.

how concious they are about their own security but for general public by force these politicians take them to procession to show their strength.
What is this ?:hitwall

Lets not confuse a zardari protocol with 10th Moharam Procession

The U.S. Congress cited many reasons to invade Iraq: noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, interference with weapons inspectors, alleged weapons of mass destruction, programs to develop such weapons, "brutal repression of its civilian population", Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people", the alleged 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War, the presence of al-Qaeda, Saddam's threat to the entire Gulf, and the fact that it was the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement, and more. link.

Only the WMD stuff was incorrect. It does not appear to have been a delusion or deliberate lie - not to the people in the Bush Administration who made the decisions, anyway.

Solmon2
wow pls do get ur facts straight heres somthin which might help....

Last edited by a moderator:
The group which came out after the bomb blast and involved in looting and burning the shops had planned their execution. If you follow similar recent events in other parts of the country you can easily recognize a difference, everywhere else there were incidents of looting and burning after a suicide blast, instead we have found that after moon-market blast in Lahore people really got involved in helping the injured etc.

The question comes to mind why ONLY in Karachi the terrorists have changed their tactics is this because its an economic hum of Pakistan or else?

Why the police contingent comprised of about 10 000 policemen not succeeded in preventing such chaos? I don't know if there any arrest have been made so far. The surprising element was the news came I guess a day or two earlier about a vehicle which was seized with explosives entering Sindh (forgot the name of the city) and nothing was published or came to limelight about the people got arrested, what connection they had, who was paying them etc etc.

There are numerous angles with which we need to see the situation. I suspects the money trail behind all these attacks which invloved civilian death points to US agencies and or affiliates based in our cities.

Back
Top Bottom