What's new

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland

Nice pictures. Are women allowed to swim in these beautiful seas or only males are allowed?

Keep it up!

Nice pictures. Are women allowed to swim in these beautiful seas or only males are allowed?

Keep it up!

Yes, they can but not with Western bikinis, LOL. If they find a isolated spot which there are plenty of, if one bothers to make the travel (1150 islands alone along the Saudi Arabian Red Sea coastline) or the 2000 km long Red Sea coastline (most of it fairly isolated) then they can even do it naked I presume.

Otherwise there are compounds with swimming pools where foreigners, mostly non-Muslims and Westerners live and there they can swim and do what they want. There are swimming pools outside the compounds but they are segregated between men and women. Maybe that will change in the future.

The Saudi youth is rather liberal today and contrary to popular belief then Saudi Arabians are not one body it depends on the province, historical regions they belong to, families, views etc. KSA is a HUGE country and very diverse in terms of regions, landscapes, sects etc.

For example Hijazi Arabic is much closer to Egyptian/Sudanese/Yemeni/Syrian Arabic than Gulf Arabic. Many ignorants foolishly belief that all Saudi Arabians are Gulf Arabs or Khaleeji (like Kuwaitis, Qataris, Emiratis and SOME parts of Oman are) but in reality only those Saudi Arabians who ACTUALLY live along the Gulf are that and that is only in the COASTAL regions of the Eastern Province. They are a minority in KSA. Form less than 10-15% of the entire population. It's like saying that all Iraqis are Kurds for example.

Ironically many of them are Shias.

Hijaz lies nearly nearly 2000 km away from the Gulf. We are bordering the Levant region in the North, Yemen in the South and Egypt/Sudan to the West across the Red Sea. In fact you can see Israel by your barren eye from Northern Hijaz. If you want to see the Gulf region with your barren eye you would need to use a balloon for example and go 50 km above sea level then you might see the Gulf, LOL.

More from Hijaz that borders the Saudi Arabian Red Sea coastline:

Masjid Al-Qiblatain by Fotorix Studio, on Flickr

Masjid Al-Nabawi S.A.W by Fotorix Studio, on Flickr

Masjid Al-Haram "Kaaba", House of Allah by Fotorix Studio, on Flickr

129831093211.jpg

13013528168.jpg

Zyaan by Mohammed Albuhaisi, on Flickr

وادي البردي-ينبع 2 by asim mawwad -عاصم معوض, on Flickr

Lines to Reflection by Abdulmajeed Al Juhani, on Flickr

Only fish are allowed to swim.

LOL, Yazid. Only fat half Najdis like you are allowed. You know the Devils Horn and all that!!!111

Last edited by a moderator:
nice geography in those pictures....many people think the region is only deserts and sand though clearly such conceptions are misconceptions

actually - what I am DYING to explore is the Soqotra Islands of Yemen. Looks like paradise on earth.

nice geography in those pictures....many people think the region is only deserts and sand though clearly such conceptions are misconceptions

actually - what I am DYING to explore is the Soqotra Islands of Yemen. Looks like paradise on earth.

That opinion is mostly held by ignorants and non-Arabs that barely could locate the Arab world on a map or their own country for that matter. The Arabian Peninsula, KSA included, is a very diverse region as proven by my pictures. Every kind of landscape is present.

Regarding Yemen, another absolute world class gem, then I invite you to visit my thread about Yemen in the photography and multimedia section of PDF. There I have posted pictures of Socotra too.

I am thinking about making a thread here about the ancient and beautiful Arabian Peninsula.

sindh lagta hai.. haha.

Back
Top Bottom